We need to protect our club this summer

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

As shown perfectly here, you wont see me talking about either until someone else brings them into the picture.....usually for absolutely no reason...

Maybe check yourself about getting over them before talking to me about it eh.....
I love that you still play this straw man game. How many times have I repeatedly said that I thought AVb needed to go? Yet you're still coming out with this "you're not over AVB" shit.

Weird.

I love that you still play this straw man game. How many times have I repeatedly said that I thought AVb needed to go? Yet you're still coming out with this "you're not over AVB" shit.

Weird.

Whats weird is that when I mention AVB, you mention Harry and Sherwood.

And when I mention Harry and Sherwood, you mention AVB....

Weird

I don't want Levy out, he is the majority shareholder, but he needs to get stick for his stupidity and poor handling of management affairs.
Put him in with almost every chairman in the country then, because sacking managers is not a Levy trait, it's modern day football. 65+ managers sacked last season across the 92 professional football teams in England.

But Levy's the cunt!

Every year, most teams change manager, finding the right bloke long term is not easy. Everyone wants more, everyone wants better. Sometimes you're just better of sticking rather than twisting. Fuck me some of the chairman and debacles in the leagues this season should have taught us that.

The 'red' Bluebirds
Hull City 'Tigers'
Coventry playing at Sixfields (70-mile round trip and quarter of the size of Ricoh Arena)
Leeds allowed to be purchased by convicted fraudster

It's not the players' fault? Not the managers? Not the DoF's? Look at the performances - the style of play - the failed signings. No one could have forseen the failure of our signings, we were cumming all over each other back in August, whispers of a title challenge surfaced. Did Levy derail that by sacking AVB? No - we hadn't been good enough up to that point, and he saw fit to change. I didn't agree with it, but it hasn't been a disaster since either.

I'd have Levy run this club for my lifetime if I could. Fuck knows what is going to happen to us when he moves on.

Put him in with almost every chairman in the country then, because sacking managers is not a Levy trait, it's modern day football. 65+ managers sacked last season across the 92 professional football teams in England.

But Levy's the cunt!

Every year, most teams change manager, finding the right bloke long term is not easy. Everyone wants more, everyone wants better. Sometimes you're just better of sticking rather than twisting. Fuck me some of the chairman and debacles in the leagues this season should have taught us that.

The 'red' Bluebirds
Hull City 'Tigers'
Coventry playing at Sixfields (70-mile round trip and quarter of the size of Ricoh Arena)
Leeds allowed to be purchased by convicted fraudster

It's not the players' fault? Not the managers? Not the DoF's? Look at the performances - the style of play - the failed signings. No one could have forseen the failure of our signings, we were cumming all over each other back in August, whispers of a title challenge surfaced. Did Levy derail that by sacking AVB? No - we hadn't been good enough up to that point, and he saw fit to change. I didn't agree with it, but it hasn't been a disaster since either.

I'd have Levy run this club for my lifetime if I could. Fuck knows what is going to happen to us when he moves on.

Absolutely agreed wholeheartedly. The man's stubborn, but he's not stupid and he quite clearly wants this club to do well. The extent to which people have excused the players for this season and blamed the hierarchy from Sherwood up is just shocking. People have made mistakes in the last year at all levels, but some of the players have to be held accountable for the frequency of gutless performances.

Look Sherwood was not the answer long term, we know that Levy knows that and fuck me Sherwood himself knows that, but he's not Satan, the man I feel is honest and I'm sure off the record will agree with 95% of us that 5-6 players are not Tottenham standard. We are Tottenham Hotspur and we never do things the easy way but it could be worse we could support Newcastle!!!!

some of the players have to be held accountable for the frequency of gutless performances.
Agree with the deleted.

However I do not agree with the quoted. The reason being is because each and everyone one of them came to this club with expectations, fight and to die for every last ounce of what we are as a club. They wouldn't have agreed to a contract otherwise.

None of the first team nor the others intend to play like girls and have bad attitudes, it spirals down from management within the morale. To me, if the team has a bad attitude it's because whoever is in charge of them doesn't know what they are doing and it creates a bad atmosphere. This comes down to lack of confidence in your manager, or, broken promises, or even thinking he's a c-nut.

If everything is going well, doesn't matter if we're winning or not (It does of course help) then they will play their socks off week in week out.

Agree with the deleted.

However I do not agree with the quoted. The reason being is because each and everyone one of them came to this club with expectations, fight and to die for every last ounce of what we are as a club. They wouldn't have agreed to a contract otherwise.

None of the first team nor the others intend to play like girls and have bad attitudes, it spirals down from management within the morale. To me, if the team has a bad attitude it's because whoever is in charge of them doesn't know what they are doing and it creates a bad atmosphere. This comes down to lack of confidence in your manager, or, broken promises, or even thinking he's a c-nut.

If everything is going well, doesn't matter if we're winning or not (It does of course help) then they will play their socks off week in week out.

I absolutely agree that the blame should lie on Sherwood, the management, and throughout the hierarchy, but the players cannot be entirely excused for some of the performances they've put in. I know the situation isn't ideal, but that's no sufficient excuse for some of the efforts these lucratively-paid professionals have put into their craft on a weekly basis. Some have given their all, and some haven't. The extent and frequency of the listless performances cannot be entirely chalked down to any one man or cause from above.

I absolutely agree that the blame should lie on Sherwood, the management, and throughout the hierarchy, but the players cannot be entirely excused for some of the performances they've put in. I know the situation isn't ideal, but that's no sufficient excuse for some of the efforts these lucratively-paid professionals have put into their craft on a weekly basis. Some have given their all, and some haven't. The extent and frequency of the listless performances cannot be entirely chalked down to any one man or cause from above.
It's like a domino effect though, one player's morale goes, he seeps unto the next and so on. It only takes one to ruin the squad's moral. Those that are able to rise above this are strong mentally, those that aren't are weak.

It's like a domino effect though, one player's morale goes, he seeps unto the next and so on. It only takes one to ruin the squad's moral. Those that are able to rise above this are strong mentally, those that aren't are weak.

This is very much true. But it's no excuse for them not giving it their all to the club paying them in a week the price of a car. This season has been damaging psychologically for some of them, I'm sure, and some of them will certainly want out. But they're being paid incredible sums to play a game for ninety minutes, I expect more than what a select few have given us this season.

This is very much true. But it's no excuse for them not giving it their all to the club paying them in a week the price of a car. This season has been damaging psychologically for some of them, I'm sure, and some of them will certainly want out. But they're being paid incredible sums to play a game for ninety minutes, I expect more than what a select few have given us this season.
Oh I agree, wholeheartedly. They should put the effort in as it's their duty to do so, if they didn't, why would they be in the profession?

I do, however, understand how psychological instances can effect them.

Oh I agree, wholeheartedly. They should put the effort in as it's their duty to do so, if they didn't, why would they be in the profession?

I do, however, understand how psychological instances can effect them.

I agree on the psychological component of the game, as I think people who haven't played professionally often understate the sheer prevalence of it. But even though these players have made it this far, some are more professional and mentally sound than others. Eriksen for instance, is seemingly unfazed by just about anything. Conversely, Paulinho has dropped his head in just about every game where the going gets tough. So back on the original topic, while the managers and hierarchy have to be held accountable for this season, it is inevitable that so too must some of the players. A manager's influence can only extend so far on the pitch, however prominent of a part it may be.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom