We Need To Talk About The Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Lmao, definitely not a Gooner. Finding it fucking hilarious how a bunch of right wing twats have managed to link a pointless statement to end of western society though. This “PC Gone mad!!” stuff is tiring as fuck.
See here's the thing I both agree and disagree. But we are talking about the strange over zealous policing of an innocuous chant. That a tiny handful of responders got down in that particular play pen, what you focus on. Well I can see why folk suspect Spammer/Gooner

I'm not right wing in any way, shape or form, and I think the trust have severely let themselves down with their bizarre statement.

As for 'pc gone mad' being tiring...well if political correctness stopped going mad, then it wouldn't be tiring anymore, would it.

You've royally humiliated yourself today - Sol Campbell levels of fuckwittery. There you go, have that. You are now the forum's Sol Campbell and will remain so until you fuck off.

xx
What is the last thing the trust have actually done that has had any merit or since weight behind it? Any statement from them these days are hollow.

Also PC Gone mad is absolutely a right wing sentiment. Fucking idiots proclaiming that death can’t come soon enough for them and western society is dying in this thread because of statement from the fucking supporters trust?

What is the last thing the trust have actually done that has had any merit or since weight behind it? Any statement from them these days are hollow.

Also PC Gone mad is absolutely a right wing sentiment. Fucking idiots proclaiming that death can’t come soon enough for them and western society is dying in this thread because of statement from the fucking supporters trust?

Ok, Sol.

See here's the thing I both agree and disagree. But we are talking about the strange over zealous policing of an innocuous chant. That a tiny handful of responders got down in that particular play pen, what you focus on. Well I can see why folk suspect Spammer/Gooner
Fair enough, I personally don’t care what a bunch of people online probably twice my age think I am or am not.

The thing regarding the chant is they aren’t really policing anything. They put out a statement saying they aren’t happy with it, that was it. Maybe you find it suspicious that I focus on the posters who decided to veer the conversation into the “PC Gone Mad” direction but I think that is definitely more interesting and says a lot more about them than the trusts hollow statement says about anything else.

The statement wasn't really necessary. It's not some hugely offensive chant aimed at a minority group, it's an outdated one which probably belongs in the 70's which really didn't need some self congratulatory public announcement.

That's about it. The summit of people's outrage about this should be to point and laugh at the essentially meaningless trust. But you get people who love to create a storm in a teacup over shit like this so they can justify their 'pc gone mad' obsessions.

Possibly. It usually is an older generation that is more annoyed about this stuff.
There's something worse than old people moaning about stuff - it's people getting triggered by old people moaning about stuff.

giphy.gif

It's funnier still that the club are positively advocating the TIFO displays tomorrow night...

They do KNOW that Tifo derived from
many Italian FAR RIGHT Ultra groups.... and were designed to create a nasty, intimidating, and far from 'friendly' atmosphere....

What are we trying to promote?

Impressive Flag waving pictures...
or an intimidating cauldron, with undertones of far right violence,...?
'cos that's what many of the European Ultras always were...why else do you think they all wear black?

I think the club need to do a bit of research, before condemning one chant, whilst openly promoting another version of support....

I'm all for creating an intimidating atmosphere... But that comes with a back story...
There HAS to be a genuine threat for something to become intimidating...
... Otherwise, it's just a load of Middle class North Londoners holding up plastic bags... hoping the other lot of Middle class North Londoners in the away end, feel some kind of discomfort...

Then again, St. Pauli are your total opposite archetypal Hipster version of a fanbase... And they do alright...
Better the devil you know, eh?

I wanna fucking kill ArseAnal tomorrow!!!

I fucking DESPISE them...

I want FUCKING REVENNNNGE!

(stops typing, logs off!)
Yeah, I see the irony!

Last edited:
Fair enough, I personally don’t care what a bunch of people online probably twice my age think I am or am not.

The thing regarding the chant is they aren’t really policing anything. They put out a statement saying they aren’t happy with it, that was it. Maybe you find it suspicious that I focus on the posters who decided to veer the conversation into the “PC Gone Mad” direction but I think that is definitely more interesting and says a lot more about them than the trusts hollow statement says about anything else.
Fair do's. But on a side note and I address this with love to all gen Z/Y . Ease back on the 'old' stuff. It will happen to you, and though less pejorative switch it for black or Jew see what your writing looks like. Its not worthy of you especially if you're pointing out other people's reactionary tendencies. For the record like a few others who have commented I consider myself the opposite of right wing.

Fair do's. But on a side note and I address this with love to all gen Z/Y . Ease back on the 'old' stuff. It will happen to you, and though less pejorative switch it for black or Jew see what your writing looks like. Its not worthy of you especially if you're pointing out other people's reactionary tendencies. For the record like a few others who have commented I consider myself the opposite of right wing.
Magnificent post

Back
Top Bottom