We Need To Talk About The Trust

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Can you provide a list of things that people are allowed to get angry about and those that are off-limits. I wouldn't want to inadvertently trigger someone. Cheers.
Why do you think I'm going to do that? That you read my post and thought I was trying to police you says more about you than me.

I just find it amusing that people are so wound up by this that we have a 10 page thread on it. The only ones triggered seem to be those that hold a similar view to yours. I'm not saying you can't be angry about it; it just seems strange to me. Whatever though.

Why do you think I'm going to do that? That you read my post and thought I was trying to police you says more about you than me.

I just find it amusing that people are so wound up by this that we have a 10 page thread on it. The only ones triggered seem to be those that hold a similar view to yours. I'm not saying you can't be angry about it; it just seems strange to me. Whatever though.

I just thought it would be helpful of you.

Agreed. It's amazing how much these comments from the Trust have triggered people.

I don't think I agree with the sentiment of the trust statement, but I don't outright disagree either. The conversation is interesting, and ultimately, as always, people will decide for themselves what they feel is acceptable/funny.

I think the chant is tedious and a throwback to the past, but don't care all that much if others still find it funny enough to chant.

I do really find it funny how many blood vessels have burst over the mere suggestion that they should consider not singing it in the future. Nothing better to get angry about?
Every football chant is tedious. That’s the whole point of football tribalism; pantomime generalisations that provoke a reaction.

What’s annoying about the Trust is that they’ve played up to the po-faced, humourless preciousness of the Bin Dippers.

Every football chant is tedious. That’s the whole point of football tribalism; pantomime generalisations that provoke a reaction.

What’s annoying about the Trust is that they’ve played up to the po-faced, humourless preciousness of the Bin Dippers.

Almost certainly one of their mates at The Spirit of Shankly has passed comment on the chant to them and for some bizarre reason, they have felt compelled to condemn it. Ridiculous.

Fair do's. But on a side note and I address this with love to all gen Z/Y . Ease back on the 'old' stuff. It will happen to you, and though less pejorative switch it for black or Jew see what your writing looks like. Its not worthy of you especially if you're pointing out other people's reactionary tendencies. For the record like a few others who have commented I consider myself the opposite of right wing.
Probably was a bit much with the age stuff. Cheers for the level headed response.

Only positive songs about Spurs from now on. Down with all the negativity, guys!

Let’s go cockerels, let’s go!
*clap* *clap*
*clap* *clap*

Ellen Dancing GIF by Bernie Sanders

Only positive songs about Spurs from now on. Down with all the negativity, guys!

*clap* *clap*
*clap* *clap*

Ellen Dancing GIF by Bernie Sanders

When I was just a little person
My gender neutral parents gave me a toy
An Woolwich fan on a string
Told me to be nice to she/her/he or him.

Be nice to she/her/he or him
Be nice to she/her/he or him
Told me to be nice to she/her/he or him.

Catchy

Almost certainly one of their mates at The Spirit of Shankly has passed comment on the chant to them and for some bizarre reason, they have felt compelled to condemn it. Ridiculous.
Spot on. How do you contact these freaks? Do they have an open communication line as someone needs issue a warning

Back
Top Bottom