Wear white on Saturday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That may have been so in 85, but nowadays it is more of an Woolwich thing. I associate it with their most cringeworthy supporters.

I still can't think of any time I have seen them do that but then what if we make a noise like chimps on heat at the same time? Surely we'd be the only ones doing that?

Hang on... I'm confused... the only reason not to wear 'colours' (and not necessarily the official Club Shop £50+ per shirt merch) is to have a pre-match tear up dahn the 'Igh Road, and not be picked up by the Old Bill Filth... is that what people are alluding to, when they say on;y kids wear colours??
If we're all so allergic to wearing white, then we should all turn up wearing Red... no one would ever suspect anything then... but of course, that would cause a meltdown, 'cos we all know colours DO matter... it's what our club, what every club is about. Why else did the whole of Cardiff go epileptic for a season and a half when 'told' to wear red??
You don't have to buy the kit... but surely upon surely, wearing an item of white (or navy) clothing for the day, to show your support for the CLUB, isn't beyond most people... even the Johnny-come-lately-hipsters amongst you!

I wish the away fans (yes, I have been to away games, no I don't go regularly - bite me) would tie the blue and white bar scarves around their wrists and swing them above their heads - that isn't difficult to do and looks quality...

ja das ist eine gute Idee.

:klinsmann:

Hang on... I'm confused... the only reason not to wear 'colours' (and not necessarily the official Club Shop £50+ per shirt merch) is to have a pre-match tear up dahn the 'Igh Road, and not be picked up by the Old Bill Filth... is that what people are alluding to, when they say on;y kids wear colours??
If we're all so allergic to wearing white, then we should all turn up wearing Red... no one would ever suspect anything then... but of course, that would cause a meltdown, 'cos we all know colours DO matter... it's what our club, what every club is about. Why else did the whole of Cardiff go epileptic for a season and a half when 'told' to wear red??
You don't have to buy the kit... but surely upon surely, wearing an item of white (or navy) clothing for the day, to show your support for the CLUB, isn't beyond most people... even the Johnny-come-lately-hipsters amongst you!

Well said that man.

Balls. My first match was '85 and the fans were swinging scarves in Paxton and jumping up and down like no one's business. It was quality. Never, ever seen Woolwich doing that.
82643398-tottenham-hotspur-fans-watch-their-team-play-gettyimages.jpg

This is an American sports thing. Therefore it's not likely to catch on, and might not even be welcome. As an American Spurs fan myself, I have no desire for the experience to be Americanized. It's one of the few remaining things in the world that isn't, which Is at least part of the appeal for me.

Might as well have cheerleaders and yell "GO SPURS!!"

This isn't at ALL an American thing. Watch any Bundesliga match.

Amen

In what universe is wearing your team's colour an "Americanization" of the game? You can wear your club's colours without donning the full kit, you know. In Sweden, fans generally wear their team's colours and we have standing sections, chants and a cracking atmosphere for most of our bigger fixtures. Here is one example:

Back
Top Bottom