Welcome to 'Club Mourinho'

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Rocktopus

🎃🦇🎃🦇🎃
At Club Mourinho we welcome Mourinho supporters from all over the world, serving up such favourites as:

Real Madrid were high scorers

Success at Porto proves he's not a chequebook manager

And of course the daily 'Chef's Special, but not as Special as the Special One'

Enjoy an atmosphere where you can exchange your favourite memories without being troubled by the indigenous supporters who claim to know more about Mourinho's latest stop-off for daft reasons like 'watching the team for years' or being more impartial because they 'support the team, not just the manager'.

None of that dreadful stuff here :mourcheeks:

Sit back, relax, and enjoy everything we have to offer at 'Club Mourinho'

:mourthumb:

Haha there is a middle ground. I’m currently agnostic, next month will decide his future

we have enough armoury to have a good go

I am still on the "Mou out camp" but just as with mocking our players, I see this thread totally pointless and of low taste / childish. He is still manager of my beloved Spurs and until that is the fact I will hope his team is doing well and at the end of 90, Spurs have scored more goals than whatever teams we play against.

But speech is free and whatever boats your goats or how did they say it :D .

I am still on the "Mou out camp" but just as with mocking our players, I see this thread totally pointless and of low taste / childish. He is still manager of my beloved Spurs and until that is the fact I will hope his team is doing well and at the end of 90, Spurs have scored more goals than whatever teams we play against.

But speech is free and whatever boats your goats or how did they say it :D .
You're pointless, low taste, and childish.

:king:

Joking. I'm not even anti-Mourinho. Just thought it would be nice for his fan boys to gather.

Mourinho was a success at Man United, they haven't won a trophy since he left.

Mourinho was right to freeze Pogba out, Pogba is too ill-disciplined to play a central role in a truly great team.

The fact that he integrated Scott McTominay means Mourinho has got a stellar record with youth, and you cannot criticize him for that anymore. Also, he gave McTominay a made-up award, so there's that.

Mourinho never sold Salah - Conte did.

Also, Mourinho never wanted to get rid of Lukaku and de Bruyne, they just wanted to leave because of concerns for playtime. How was he supposed to know they would get unhappy without playtime? Anyway, Chelsea won the PL + League Cup double this year, so getting rid of two players who, right now, are probably in the top 5 of footballers worldwide was totally worth it.

Mourinho rotated Martial and Rashford on the left flank because he said none could be trusted to be No.9, and time has proven him right on that one.

Mourinho's tactics aren't outdated, modern players are just too daft to understand them.

Mourinho doesn't struggle in the third year, he just gets sacked before he has the chance to do very well. So far, in his only completed third seasons, he won FA Cup + League Cup double with Chelsea and only a 90th minute equalizer prevented him from winning Copa del Rey with Real.

All his former players actually love Mourinho, among them Fabregas and Hazard, the latter of which said he would like to be reunited with Mou one day.

Mourinho's method of improving players and keeping them on their toes by simply freezing them out for a full year while refusing to sell them is brilliant and totally cost-effective.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did I do, guys?

This thread will be funny when we get top 4 and two trophies
I'm genuinely interested in what things would look like this summer if that happened. Obviously most of us would be over the moon with the most successful Spurs season in ages...but some would still want him out.

And I kind of understand that...he's still blue scum, as far as I'm concerned, which is why I didn't want him to begin with. But, as I said then, the capitulation of the Poch era really broke me of this "Spurs way" mentality and I just want to win something. If Jose doesn't win anything, though, then axe him...maybe literally.

I'm genuinely interested in what things would look like this summer if that happened. Obviously most of us would be over the moon with the most successful Spurs season in ages...but some would still want him out.

And I kind of understand that...he's still blue scum, as far as I'm concerned, which is why I didn't want him to begin with. But, as I said then, the capitulation of the Poch era really broke me of this "Spurs way" mentality and I just want to win something. If Jose doesn't win anything, though, then axe him...maybe literally.
He’s Spurs and thats the beauty of football.
I think people are very naive if they think Poch loves us.

He knew he was off, and if anything we became his guinea pig and tactical farce

He’s an emotional fella..too emotional, just the reaction after Ajax said that...I mean, could you imagine Jose doing that in a semi final?
Poch gets snuggly wherever he is and is 100% that club, but his quest is about him and his coaching team.

He’s PSG now until that dream is over and then it’s somewhere else, but the soppy wet dream about him winning 150 titles then coming back to make us Spurs 1962.0 is just insane nonsense.

Jose is what he is, but he won’t pretend he loves us. I don’t need anyone acting like we were (one of) their boyhood club(s), just win something.

Last edited:
He’s Spurs and thats the beauty of football.
I think people are very naive if they think Poch loves us.

He knew he was off, and if anything we became his guinea pig and tactical farce

He’s an emotional fella..too emotional, just the reaction after Ajax said that...I mean, could you imagine Jose doing that in a semi final?
Poch gets snuggly wherever he is and is 100% that club, but he his quest is about him and his coaching team.

He’s PSG now until that dream is over and then it’s somewhere else, but the soppy wet dream about him winning 150 titles then coming back to make us Spurs 1962.0 is just insane nonsense.

Jose is what he is, but he won’t pretend he loves us. I don’t need anyone acting like we were (one of) their boyhood club(s), just win something.
Yeah, when I say Jose is blue scum I don't think its because I think he has a particular affinity for them (maybe he does or doesn't, I don't think about it), its that when I look at him or think of him it only conjures the thought of his time buying trophies there with Roman's dodgy chequebook. They obviously would have done so without him, but its impossible to separate them from Jose and vice versa.

I don't know on Poch, he does seem to have some affinity for Spurs. But I've, myself, had jobs and workplaces I'm still fond of after leaving because it just didn't work or a "better" opportunity came along. However, like you, its not something I concern myself with. I like Poch, but we won as much under him as Harry, Sherwood, AVB, and currently Jose. As heretical as it may sound, if you gave me the choice between winning the league under Judas or finishing 3rd under Kane...I'm choosing winning the league, because that's what matters at the end of the day. That's why we're all here. This is not a society for the recognition of higher morals.

This thread will be funny when we get top 4 and two trophies
515das.jpg

Mourinho was a success at Man United, they haven't won a trophy since he left.

Mourinho was right to freeze Pogba out, Pogba is too ill-disciplined to play a central role in a truly great team.

The fact that he integrated Scott McTominay means Mourinho has got a stellar record with youth, and you cannot criticize him for that anymore. Also, he gave McTominay a made-up award, so there's that.

Mourinho never sold Salah - Conte did.

Also, Mourinho never wanted to get rid of Lukaku and de Bruyne, they just wanted to leave because of concerns for playtime. How was he supposed to know they would get unhappy without playtime? Anyway, Chelsea won the PL + League Cup double this year, so getting rid of two players who, right now, are probably in the top 5 of footballers worldwide was totally worth it.

Mourinho rotated Martial and Rashford on the left flank because he said none could be trusted to be No.9, and time has proven him right on that one.

Mourinho's tactics aren't outdated, modern players are just too daft to understand them.

Mourinho doesn't struggle in the third year, he just gets sacked before he has the chance to do very well. So far, in his only completed third seasons, he won FA Cup + League Cup double with Chelsea and only a 90th minute equalizer prevented him from winning Copa del Rey with Real.

All his former players actually love Mourinho, among them Fabregas and Hazard, the latter of which said he would like to be reunited with Mou one day.

Mourinho's method of improving players and keeping them on their toes by simply freezing them out for a full year while refusing to sell them is brilliant and totally cost-effective.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How did I do, guys?
Out of interest, fancy starting a thread in the “General Football” section about German football? I have some key questions. Like, are Dortmund your version of The Victims, a naff trendy fanboyz juggernaut of misplaced romanticism? Are Leipzig the quintessential plastic representation of Satan on our beautiful footballing planet? And, as an 1860 Munich fan, given you’re in the lower leagues whilst your rivals are arguably the best team in the world right now, are you all on hard drugs and excessive alcohol even at breakfast time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom