Wembley and season ticket holders

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course it ain't. Just saying that some people on here get a bit silly sometimes. More of a joke aimed at the cunts who do post threats from behind a keyboard. I'd get you a beer anytime my man
:adethumbup:
Let 'em try!! I've been working out.

muscle_man_by_n_o_n_a_m_e-d35ffbk.jpg

The club emails are very clear on this. You miss and it gets immediately released. He'll have to try and buy again.

Thanks, any idea if he will be able to get back in to another purchasing window, any experience of that? Or has anyone read posts of people who have been able to? Sorry am going through the history searching for a clue. Cheers for any help!

Going to have to stomach it for a season with the popcorn boys up the top tier , could also get a half and half scarf for every game
Actually renewed my faith in Spurs fans during one of the CL games. There was a bunch trying to get it going, started by a small handful of knobs, they went at it for a good 10 mins until they got about 50-100 or so joined. Just as they went for thier 100th attempt they got a barrage of abuse from about 1000 fans arround them who just couldn't take anymore. That was the last we saw of a Mexican waive. A beautiful moment.

Im already sorted for travel im afraid mate! Been going up spurs for a while with the same group of people only just managed to get a ST myself however hah

Sorry mate i wasn't clear...
I wasn't trying to blag a lift! Just curious of the best way to get to wembley from essex! Just trying to find the best route so we don't get stuck in the Wembley Way queues and find a half decent (hard to come by i know) pub near the ground...

Actually renewed my faith in Spurs fans during one of the CL games. There was a bunch trying to get it going, started by a small handful of knobs, they went at it for a good 10 mins until they got about 50-100 or so joined. Just as they went for thier 100th attempt they got a barrage of abuse from about 1000 fans arround them who just couldn't take anymore. That was the last we saw of a Mexican waive. A beautiful moment.
But some of our fans want to do this shit. Live football has been compromised - its full of wankers. As you know.

Can't sell out 18,000 tickets. Embarrassing. I guess that we're not as big as we thought we were, and I'm ok with that. Thoughts John Thomas John Thomas ?

#biggestclubinlondon
Well, 2 highest ever home attendances recorded by an English club.
A Bigger crowd for a round of 32 Europa game v Gent than Woolwich got v Bayern Munich.
A quarter of a century in the shadows of our main rivals and even Chelsea yet still maintaining a membership of around 85000.
I'd say if not the biggest club in London, all the ingredients are there to re-emerge as the biggest club in London.

As we all agree, the club have massively fucked up over pricing.
Once again short term greed has overcome long term growth
We're being asked to move to an alien stadium for a whole season while still charging more per average ST than 17 of 19 other clubs.
Also, like it or not, Big clubs make Big signings. Football fans thrive on it. Yet season after season our fans fork out massive sums for their season ticket, only to see the club balance the books as their rivals bring in star players to get the juices flowing.
As I said earlier, the club have missed a massive opportunity to capture a whole new generation of fans that could have been the back bone of the clubs future. Levy/ENIC have fucked up.

Also,a lot of ST holders I know always bought their ticket knowing that if they couldn't make a game they could guarantee selling it at at least face value. With a 90,000 capacity that ain't gonna happen. And with the tv schedule fucking around with games like it does, how many can commit to every game, not knowing what day of the week, let alone what time of day, each game is gonna be played, yet not being in a position to re-sell their ticket for those games they can't make.. Not many. Many fans this season, like me, will pick and choose their games as they come.
I think we're gonna see huge fluctuations in attendances with crowds of 80k against United, Woolwich, Chelsea etc...but crowds of around 40k against the likes of Burnley, Huddersfield, Stoke, West Ham and Bournmouth
So many factors Levy has failed to take into consideration.

Those are my thoughts

Last edited:
Like it or not , star names do attract fans,
especially if your filling out Wembley.
Net transfer policy will only go so far , maybe keep the hardcore contended but if you want extra customers /fans (even if they are plastic /dicks, to be fair they usually go to clubs that continually win silverware ) you have to wet their whistle.
Some would say they have taken their customers base/supporters for granted over the years .
You reap what you sow ?

Last edited:
Sorry mate i wasn't clear...
I wasn't trying to blag a lift! Just curious of the best way to get to wembley from essex! Just trying to find the best route so we don't get stuck in the Wembley Way queues and find a half decent (hard to come by i know) pub near the ground...

By car? I tried a couple of routes last season, but the best I've found is: A127-M25-M1-A406 and park a 5-10 min walk away to the south of the stadium. On a good day it takes about 40 mins from Basildon to hit the A406 and then another 30 mins or so in a queue from there. Coming home A406-A13 all the way and that takes about 60-75 mins. Weekdays are the worst though; one CL match last season took me over three hours, so I'll probably skip most of the midweek matches. The only pub I used last year was the Arch; massive queues at the bar though. Half decent? Probably not.

Thanks, any idea if he will be able to get back in to another purchasing window, any experience of that? Or has anyone read posts of people who have been able to? Sorry am going through the history searching for a clue. Cheers for any help!
I would assume so. He must be further up the list than some others now being offered. Only one way to find out!

Season ticket just arrived! The letter with it says we will be getting 'an exclusive money-can't-buy keyring containing blades of grass from the pitch of White Hart Lane'.

Just got mine too. The keyring won't be as good as my exclusive money-can't-buy sign from the lane!

Back
Top Bottom