West Ham Knuckle Dragging Pikeys v Tottenham Hotspur. Sat 23rd November 12-30 : Live from Billy Smart’s Circus Tent.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Keeps their manager in the job

We haven't faced shitter teams imo... They are turd.

*no comment on the your response but a dig at wham

Away in 2019. We have definitely faced worse then that. Hard to judge Jose on one game but we won and that's all that matters. A few weeks ago we wouldn't have.

We faced shitter teams and drew/lost. We could/should have been 4 up. Not sure how you can't take ANYTHING from that. We scrapped it in the end but in a way I'm glad as too perfect a win would have masked how bad we are defensively. Massive overhaul needed at the back. All look done. But we won, so be happy FFS lol
I reckon Jose and his team will have learned a lot watching that. Good for 60/70 minutes, but he reckoned fatigue in his interview was a major issue (on the basis that much of our squad were on international duty). Loads for his team to look at and learn from today.

First away win in ages, three points, stuck it on the spammers, Jose showing passion on the touchline, what's not to like?
Okay not the best second half, but we held on for the points. Antonio made a difference for them (not that I saw the first half but assuming we played well).
Best part of the day? Got on the train at Romford and sat next to the legend that is Clive Allen. Another decent guy and we had a lovely chat to Stratford. His younger brother Bradley works alòngside Ryan Mason, with the kids. And he's got two grandsons! Doesn't look old enough.
All in all not perfect but that will do nicely. At least it's not going to ruin my weekend.
At an 80th birthday dinner tonight.....load of hammers will be about......now do I wear my Spurs badge?
:sonhmm:
You go full kit or you’re not really Spurs

sounds like you had a day to die for keep enjoying

I'm actually glad we messed up a wee bit in hindsight... a good bollocking will keep the defenders on their toes...

On their toes? They look out on their feet towards the end. Toby looks finished. Sanchez is still shit. Aurier hmm maybe one of his less shit games. Eriksen pls go and die somewhere. At least play for a big club to take you.

Losing two late goals wasn’t ideal obviously but there were more than enough plus points to take note of today.
An away win, three goals, front four looking in the mood, Dele like his old self.
The two late goals lost will serve as a reminder there is still much work to be done, but in the whole a good day.

Tin hat klaxon!!!! :pochhail:

(Fucking hell; how on earth would you have such insight? Absolutely ridiculous!!! )
Racist!!!! We're people too.
iu

Last edited:
3 desperately needed points.

Seems clear that Winks won’t work for Mou either. Like him but he’s a domestic cup player for me.
Sissoko as pace and power off the bench to close out games is ideal unless he can somehow be used as a DM.
Dier was rough but I’d expect him to get a run of games, but Jose may be looking to upgrade there.
The hybrid back 3/4 is classic Mou and I’d expect it to continue regardless of personnel.
I think Mou should look at putting Lo Celso in the midfield next to a DM or out wide - he’s very good and needs a chance.
Ndombele is a perfect player for Mou in a double pivot and he will make us much better in transition and on the counter.
Eriksen is going to ride the bench because his only spot is the space that I think Dele will have a lock on.
Son is the ideal winger for Mou. Kane will be ideal when he stops dropping back into midfield. Some habits to break for sure.
Lucas was okay but needs to work on his defensive positioning. I expect Mou will help as this is just tactical.

Overall pretty good, need work on defensive positioning and direct, vertical passing. Encouraging.

The real work begins when the new manager bounce is over and we find out which players are invested in Jose and who isn't.

Actually thought this but didn’t dare post it to be accused of loving our mistakes now or something.

3-0 risked papering over some cracks....so silver linings and a that

Agree, although I don’t actually think our back 3/4 did badly today. Thought they looked good, Sanchez in particular.

Our basic problem is midfield, bringing the ball out and the link between 6 and 8. So, it was really good to see us simply booting it upfield for a change, rather than labouring it forward.

There’s lots to work on but we will always score goals.

Back
Top Bottom