West Ham League Cup QF

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

our fans were brilliant last night... Not sure what you expected in the North Upper (not a dig at anyone who sits there but it's not known for a buzzing atmosphere) but PL/Shelf was class throughout. There was no way this so called "negative atmosphere" that was apparently in the air affected the players.
I wasn't expecting the north Upper to be bouncing. But I was about as far away from the spammers as was possible and had 10'000 yids to my left and 10'000 to the Right i could still hear just about Every song they sung.
If you're amongst or close to the noise its going to sound different. If you were in or near the park Lane your viewpoint will obviously be skewed.
But unfortunately for me I wasn't, i was in a great place to judge.
There were a few brief moments where they'd be singing our own song back at us taking the piss and we'd try and drown them out. Then afte. 30 seconds it would quieten down again

I'm not putting down anyone that came last night and brought positivity. But it seemed a lot of people last night felt we'd lost before we even started.
And if you can't go for it at A cup quarter final against a London rival who were owed a bit of revenge. . When can you.

I live in the US. Got home last night from work and my taping of the game hadn't worked, I checked the channel and the game was on repeat with 5 minutes to go at 2-1 down.

Can somebody sum it up for me in a few sentences. Who played well, who didn't. Looks like we went 4-5-1 and then conceded 2 goals. Did 4-4-2 work?

I wasn't expecting the north Upper to be bouncing. But I was about as far away from the spammers as was possible and had 10'000 yids to my left and 10'000 to the Right i could still hear just about Every song they sung.
If you're amongst or close to the noise its going to sound different. If you were in or near the park Lane your viewpoint will obviously be skewed.
But unfortunately for me I wasn't, i was in a great place to judge.
There were a few brief moments where they'd be singing our own song back at us taking the piss and we'd try and drown them out. Then afte. 30 seconds it would quieten down again

I'm not putting down anyone that came last night and brought positivity. But it seemed a lot of people last night felt we'd lost before we even started.
And if you can't go for it at A cup quarter final against a London rival who were owed a bit of revenge. . When can you.
fair enough suppose you were in a better place to judge who was louder, but there's no way we were poor.

I live in the US. Got home last night from work and my taping of the game hadn't worked, I checked the channel and the game was on repeat with 5 minutes to go at 2-1 down.

Can somebody sum it up for me in a few sentences. Who played well, who didn't. Looks like we went 4-5-1 and then conceded 2 goals. Did 4-4-2 work?

Started off real bright, Defoe should have scored really had a shot from around the 6 yard box but struck it wide. We carried on dominating possession (72% in the first half I believe), yet failed to register many shots on target.
It was a bit like some of AVB's games but with 4-4-2.
Our attack fizzled down, but then we got a goal, a good goal from Ade from a nice cross by JD. We sub'd Ade off and went 4-5-1, then conceded 2 goals in 5 mins after some shoddy defending.

Look I'm not saying every fan in that Ground should be ashamed I'm just saying the
fair enough suppose you were in a better place to judge who was louder, but there's no way we were poor.
Maybe not poor but surely some noise from PL is the least we can expect.

Also another thing I definitely noticed, the last 6 minutes it was basically all west ham fans. That was when the atmosphere dropped completely and it was as if everyone in the crowd sighed and said "Ah we're gonna fucking lose this"
And that definitely seemed to reflect in the way we played.

I always feel that if YOU'RE singing, and those AROUND you are singing, you rarely notice how loud/quiet the away fans are...
the fact most people in the Paxton were able to conduct a 'compare and contrast' exercise with the noise coming from the left hand and right hand corners opposite them, speaks volumes!

I always feel that if YOU'RE singing, and those AROUND you are singing, you rarely notice how loud/quiet the away fans are...
the fact most people in the Paxton were able to conduct a 'compare and contrast' exercise with the noise coming from the left hand and right hand corners opposite them, speaks volumes!
They can only tutt so loud my friend.

Started off real bright, Defoe should have scored really had a shot from around the 6 yard box but struck it wide. We carried on dominating possession (72% in the first half I believe), yet failed to register many shots on target.
It was a bit like some of AVB's games but with 4-4-2.
Our attack fizzled down, but then we got a goal, a good goal from Ade from a nice cross by JD. We sub'd Ade off and went 4-5-1, then conceded 2 goals in 5 mins after some shoddy defending.

Thanks.

Look I'm not saying every fan in that Ground should be ashamed I'm just saying the

Maybe not poor but surely some noise from PL is the least we can expect.

Also another thing I definitely noticed, the last 6 minutes it was basically all west ham fans. That was when the atmosphere dropped completely and it was as if everyone in the crowd sighed and said "Ah we're gonna fucking lose this"
And that definitely seemed to reflect in the way we played.
there was good noise in the PL and shelf though? West Ham must have been ridiculously loud then as it was constant all over the PL in the 1st half especially.

& are you really surprised there was no atmosphere when we conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes and realised we were gonna get beat by that lot again?

there was good noise in the PL and shelf though? West Ham must have been ridiculously loud then as it was constant all over the PL in the 1st half especially.

& are you really surprised there was no atmosphere when we conceded 2 goals in 5 minutes and realised we were gonna get beat by that lot again?
I am surprised.
Surprised that so many of my fellow man.. Nay fellow YIDS. . We're such QUITTERS.
Times like that reveal a lot about people, you either surrender early, like a scared soldier... Or you pull the pin in your grenade, fire every last bullet you have and take as many of the fuckers with you.

Don't even get me started on the people that left early.

Ha ha ha. Beaten by West Ham's B team. Bit embarrassing ay!

M06lDRG.png

See you later..

Ha ha ha. Beaten by West Ham's B team. Bit embarrassing ay!
Your name is blazing daily. that's definitely more embarrassing.
We have almost no control over our teams results but you have full control over being a lowlife waster. Your mums got aids mate. And she puts out for a large donner.
And that isn't even the reason your mum is known as large Donna.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom