West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thanks mate, appreciate it.

Been a frustrating season I suppose, probably because we had so many wins at the start. Hopefully we can beat the gooners, I expect we will finish top 5 from here, at worst 6th. Which feels a bit 'meh' but we will have to give Ange the benefit of the doubt and see what he can do after a summer window. Apart from trying to fuck over Woolwich, the end of this season is probably going to be a bit boring for us.
We can’t let manure sneak into CL position. We should be doing everything we can to get CL regardless of what Ange thinks. No idea why he doesn’t think it a big thing. If you had a choice between CL and Europa you’d take CL. Surely as I keep saying the object of sport in a league format is to try to win as many games as possible and see where that takes you. We shouldnt be dissing CL the players then get the same attitude.

And chavs
Hell, i forgot about the scum!

I was less miserable for a while, then you dragged me back into it!

grim reaper death GIF

You arrogant bastard
Why the fuck did you feel the need to share that sack of crap?
If that's what you think, you whining, joyless bastard, then take up competitive backgammon and bugger off.

What an absolute pile of sewage
Arrogant for not enjoying a lot of the performances? I feel that arrogance would be more applicable if I were complaining about results, which I quite clearly wasn't.

I was asked why I felt the season has been a slog, so I elaborated, seems reasonable enough to Mr.

I take it you also jumped on anyone who had the temerity to complain about performances under Mourinho or Conte with the same vigour??

Well we are unbeaten this season and took 7 points out of 12 against Liverpool, City, Woolwich and Newcastle so you might want to revise your expectations!

Romero is the prime culprit for this slow shit. He literally slows to a standstill with the ball at his feet and starts pointing while the opponent get plenty of bodies behind the ball. Then he passes sideways.

When we are chasing a game he shows he can play boldly and get the ball forward, but he is so sluggish early on in games. Far too little urgency from him compared to someone like Vertonghen who always played out crisply.
Said it all season his at standstill most of the time!

The game was beautiful enough. There was nothing more beautiful than a winger taking on a full back and turning him inside out and cross for a centre forward or midfielder hitting the box to score. Where have solo goals went? Strikes from 30 yards?
For as much as you have to pass the ball it has became everything and the game is worse for it.
I get why we play the way we do and how we try to move teams but I want to see a lot more of that old stuff I mentioned. Anyone who says today’s game is better is blind to how the game should be played. It’s meant to be fun and exciting.
Foden bangs them in from outside the box

Arrogant for not enjoying a lot of the performances? I feel that arrogance would be more applicable if I were complaining about results, which I quite clearly wasn't.

I was asked why I felt the season has been a slog, so I elaborated, seems reasonable enough to Mr.

I take it you also jumped on anyone who had the temerity to complain about performances under Mourinho or Conte with the same vigour??
Arrogant for thinking that your whining diatribe was of any interest
Arrogant for believing that anyone would support you for your stand against the performance levels of this season
If you can't tell the difference between this season's playing style and the previous 3 then you really need to get a backgammon set.

I have no time for whiney entitled Spurs fans who have nothing to offer in the way of support than to post interminable "poor me" posts about how they're being let down by the results.
Grow a backbone

We can’t let manure sneak into CL position. We should be doing everything we can to get CL regardless of what Ange thinks. No idea why he doesn’t think it a big thing. If you had a choice between CL and Europa you’d take CL. Surely as I keep saying the object of sport in a league format is to try to win as many games as possible and see where that takes you. We shouldnt be dissing CL the players then get the same attitude.
Have I got a thread for you...!

Too many on here always say “just one of those games , move on”. FFS how many one games are we gonna have? That is happy clapper brigade satisfied with mediocrity and not thinking we could be better if we applied ourselves better.
It's the "we go again 💪" mentality that's plagued the club for years...

It should mean we're pissed off but we're determined to put it right next time round, but always gave off the impression that we just shrugged our shoulders and thought oh well, there's always next time.

Harry practically said as much the moment he joined Bayern.

Really, if the players genuinely have the desire to achieve what they say they want to achieve, they need to be fuming after performances like last night and Fulham and not let it happen again.

What do I expect from the Forest game though? Only question mark I have is what minute do Forest take the lead?

:nunothumb:

Arrogant for thinking that your whining diatribe was of any interest
Arrogant for believing that anyone would support you for your stand against the performance levels of this season
If you can't tell the difference between this season's playing style and the previous 3 then you really need to get a backgammon set.

I have no time for whiney entitled Spurs fans who have nothing to offer in the way of support than to post interminable "poor me" posts about how they're being let down by the results.
Grow a backbone
Jog on then...

Putting it into perspective, even Man City couldn't break down Woolwich this weekend when they employed similar tactics. It happens.

:pochunimpressed:
Toon out 4 past them just a few days ago

And Forest just put three past Fulham, who in turn tonked us three weeks ago.

We might well then go on and spank Forest this weekend - football's a strange beast and I highly doubt West Ham put in the same kind of defensive performance against Newcastle that they did us (and no surprise as the fuckers always raise their game against us).

Something dawned on me last night, if the vast majority of you accepted that we have to go through a painful rebuild and acknowledge that we're in transition season they why do you have a meltdown when there's bumps in the road?

Its the slowness of a lot of of the play thats frustrating. From where we were. Also lack of adaptability. Son has struggled against spammers physicality through middle, richie should have started with son out wide.
Also why have we stopped protecting vicario from corners again. Idiotic

It's the "we go again 💪" mentality that's plagued the club for years...

It should mean we're pissed off but we're determined to put it right next time round, but always gave off the impression that we just shrugged our shoulders and thought oh well, there's always next time.

Harry practically said as much the moment he joined Bayern.

Really, if the players genuinely have the desire to achieve what they say they want to achieve, they need to be fuming after performances like last night and Fulham and not let it happen again.

What do I expect from the Forest game though? Only question mark I have is what minute do Forest take the lead?

:nunothumb:
I don't think a point away from home to a London rival was, that bad a result when placed in context.
However I do understand what you mean, ideally if we really want CL or greater achievements, then we should really be beating Fulham and west ham.
There are always comments about, bumps in the road etc, but I'm pochs fourth and fifth seasons, we were still struggling with dodgy results, so it never really changes.
One thing Conte got right was, the calling out of acceptance o, poor results and performance.
Like he said, the club are use to it, it has festered for so long that nobody knows any different.
It's not arrogance or entitlement to hope to be better, it's just that some sections of the fanbase have accepted this too easily and for too long that, it has become the norm for them to see spurs being serial underachievers.

I don't think a point away from home to a London rival was, that bad a result when placed in context.
However I do understand what you mean, ideally if we really want CL or greater achievements, then we should really be beating Fulham and west ham.
There are always comments about, bumps in the road etc, but I'm pochs fourth and fifth seasons, we were still struggling with dodgy results, so it never really changes.
One thing Conte got right was, the calling out of acceptance o, poor results and performance.
Like he said, the club are use to it, it has festered for so long that nobody knows any different.
It's not arrogance or entitlement to hope to be better, it's just that some sections of the fanbase have accepted this too easily and for too long that, it has become the norm for them to see spurs being serial underachievers.

It's arrogance and entitlement to expect to win every match, not to hope to win every match especially in a transition season. What you're saying is that you expect us to be as good as the top 3 despite everything that has gone on this season, you guys just have 0 perspective.

Find this quite weird coming from someone who always predicts us to lose, you're describing yourself in that last part..

It's arrogance and entitlement to expect to win every match, not to hope to win every match especially in a transition season. What you're saying is that you expect us to be as good as the top 3 despite everything that has gone on this season, you guys just have 0 perspective.

Find this quite weird coming from someone who always predicts us to lose, you're describing yourself in that last part..

Blame the manager and his gaslighting habits at press conferences.

First he talks about winning the league then this past weekend he’s talking about catching Man City. Like we should be expecting to. Why shouldn’t we??

And journalists shit their pants. Which is quite amusing.
Unfortunately he’s forgetting our fanbase buys into what he says rather than seeing he’s just fucking around with journalists.

Blame the manager and his gaslighting habits at press conferences.

First he talks about winning the league then this past weekend he’s talking about catching Man City. Like we should be expecting to. Why shouldn’t we??

And journalists shit their pants. Which is quite amusing.
Unfortunately he’s forgetting our fanbase buys into what he says rather than seeing he’s just fucking around with journalists.

He hasn't said either.

Back
Top Bottom