West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I agree with most of this but people were talking about us having more urgency in our forward play a few weeks back yet that let to more turnovers and conceding more chances and such it wasn't sustainable and now since Ange has tweaked it and playing with more control (which I believe started in the Palace match) people are now saying that we don't take enough risks and our general play is too slow - we really can't have it both ways.

Romero taking time on the ball to pick out a pass is by design because he's baiting the press to draw out the opposition and if he gives the ball away it will lead to a 2v2 turnover which is what we don't want in that position.

At the end of the day the squad still has flaws with the type of football we want to play you said yourself that our wingers not taking on their men is a massive flaw in itself, we're just gonna have to accept that we've probably reached the limit of how Ange wants his football to played with this current squad until the end of the season and we will obviously have to improve the personnel in the Summer to push on
If I could thumbs this up 20 times I would.

First 10 games warped expectations massively.
To be fair, was a quarter of the way in the season and we were massively exceeding expectations, losing Kane, new unknown manager who a lot of people rit off before we kicked a ball.

I Remember Ange Postecoglou saying something about who is he to kill people's joy let them have a good time and dream or whatever, he was right. it was good.

Some people boo'd at half time against Luton...... really was that necessary.

With Conte though thats his style, so it's expected . But ange's style started off being different. Just don't understand where it's gone. Seems Ange has changed his style. I saw better performances when we had a all full back defence and our best players out. The energy in the team from the first 10-15 games has gone
Conté and Ange, opposite sides of the same stick. I agree Ange is slightly more entertaining but I don't think as effective. We've let in more goals with VDV, Romero, Porro and Udogie, than Conté did with Dier, Sanchez, Lenglett, Emerson, Davies and Persic in defense. Added to that, there was no Madison and Sarr was not seen by him as ready yet.

Many get too caught up in this DNA Bullshit.

It isn't Anges fault either players at Spurs become too comfortable because there aren't many challenging for positions. It's almost a given who will start.

Buying players that is the managers 2nd or 3rd choices doesn't work. It's what we are famous for because of current Bosses.

Well, hate to break it to you. But there's a summer transfer-window coming up!

In that window you can sign some quality players, and sell som bad ones!
True. But be honest. Do we really do that. We kept Winks full knowing he'd been woeful for seasons. Ndombele has been with us a full 5 years. Skipp is heading the way of Winks. Lo Celso is more of a part timer. Sess has a hospital bed with his name engraved into it. Dier Enjoyed at least 5 seasons stinking out the place.

This list goes on. Stop Fooling yourself. We don't buy established quality. We buy what will hopefully become quality.

We couldn't even fork out the cash forthe likes of Trossard. Why? He's too old and won't increase enough in value. The bald headed man doesn't want to win.

More I think kulu in total was about £40M plus £47 for BJ. Could have got a whole lot better even if these two now and then deliver.
I chose the lowest value to keep the Levy Lovers at bay. They were bought because of their age. Levy hoping they perform and become rising stars. You watch, they still be 1st in 5 years time. It's called The Winks, Lo Celso or Ndombele effect.

If you good enough you can earn 250 thousand a week for 5 yrs, while sitting at Mc Ds to kill time.

Conté and Ange, opposite sides of the same stick. I agree Ange is slightly more entertaining but I don't think as effective. We've let in more goals with VDV, Romero, Porro and Udogie, than Conté did with Dier, Sanchez, Lenglett, Emerson, Davies and Persic in defense. Added to that, there was no Madison and Sarr was not seen by him as ready yet.

Many get too caught up in this DNA Bullshit.

It isn't Anges fault either players at Spurs become too comfortable because there aren't many challenging for positions. It's almost a given who will start.

Buying players that is the managers 2nd or 3rd choices doesn't work. It's what we are famous for because of current Bosses.
That's just a difference in style. Whilst we conceded a lot, we've also scored more now than in the previous 12 seasons. That after losing kane in the summer. Conte relied on kane and son. That's not sustainable and not just because kane left . Ange is still not done building and his DNA is not bullshit. The things he says are a breath of fresh air. For me it's about the summer and then his second season. That's usually when the cracks appear. I liked how we played at the start, just don't know where it's gone.

True. But be honest. Do we really do that. We kept Winks full knowing he'd been woeful for seasons. Ndombele has been with us a full 5 years. Skipp is heading the way of Winks. Lo Celso is more of a part timer. Sess has a hospital bed with his name engraved into it. Dier Enjoyed at least 5 seasons stinking out the place.

This list goes on. Stop Fooling yourself. We don't buy established quality. We buy what will hopefully become quality.

We couldn't even fork out the cash forthe likes of Trossard. Why? He's too old and won't increase enough in value. The bald headed man doesn't want to win.
Tried to get him on the cheap , taking advantage of a difficult situation, a bit like Solomon. He knew Troussard had to leave the club after the irreversible bust up with De zerbi so low balled Brighton with a £12m offer. The goons doubled our offer , still a good price for a quality player and Brighton accepted almost immediately.
Easy isn't it.

I think they more likely reacted to the half team talk and Postecoglou making changes mate
Billy Bob Thornton Goliath GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Tried to get him on the cheap , taking advantage of a difficult situation, a bit like Solomon. He knew Troussard had to leave the club after the irreversible bust up with De zerbi so low balled Brighton with a £12m offer. The goons doubled our offer , still a good price for a quality player and Brighton accepted almost immediately.
Easy isn't it.

Conte didn't want Trossard anyway, he wanted Zaniolo but we weren't prepared to spend more money on the squad especially as Conte was off hence why we ended up with Danjuma on loan.

Conte didn't want Trossard anyway, he wanted Zaniolo but we weren't prepared to spend more money on the squad especially as Conte was off hence why we ended up with Danjuma on loan.

Thank fucking god we didn't buy Zaniolo. Remember a few weapons saying "trust the club, back conte" when he was rumoured.

That's just a difference in style. Whilst we conceded a lot, we've also scored more now than in the previous 12 seasons. That after losing kane in the summer. Conte relied on kane and son. That's not sustainable and not just because kane left . Ange is still not done building and his DNA is not bullshit. The things he says are a breath of fresh air. For me it's about the summer and then his second season. That's usually when the cracks appear. I liked how we played at the start, just don't know where it's gone.
DNA is a whole lot of Bullshit. And why do you skid away from the fact that Conté did Brilliantly with the crap defenders he had. Do you think Ange would have done better or even matched Conté with that squad? Lastly, why was keeping Harry Kane and Son unsustainable? Only reason is that Levy wanted to cash out because he knew Kane's age wasn't on his side. He never built a team around Kane. Then he sold the worlds Best No9. Which serious team does that?

Easy isn't it.
Better than Werner, Johnson and Kulu. Cheaper as well. Would have fitted in Great with Madisson.

Back
Top Bottom