West Ham v Tottenham Hotspur | Premier League | Tues 2nd April | 8:15pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wow. Be prepared for loads of X's. I agree with you whole heartedly Poch, Jose. Conté and now Ange all had/have the same problem
With Conte though thats his style, so it's expected . But ange's style started off being different. Just don't understand where it's gone. Seems Ange has changed his style. I saw better performances when we had a all full back defence and our best players out. The energy in the team from the first 10-15 games has gone

West Ham always play that way.

And they've conceded 55 goals this season. That's like 2 a game.

Weird, that means other - and worse - teams than us have managed to score a few & even beat them, whereas we took one solitary point off them across two games. And without Vic it'd be a big friggin 0.
Without Vic? Last time the game should have been over at half time.

My point is they arent easy to play against. Woolwich beat them 6-0 there recently but also lost to them 0-2 at home. They're a mixed bag, usually it depends on what sort of day they're having on the set piece.

That didn't happen once. I saw Bissouma dominate him and just take the ball off him twice in the first half though.

He's decent. He's not this incredible player you are making out. About the same as Nunes that City signed instead when we got done for betting on his own games?

what happened to that ban btw?

I'm not saying he's 'incredible' - I'm saying he's very good and would walk in to our side. Which he bloody would .. and he's definitely better than Matheus Nunes is or was, pretty sure Paqueta was City's first choice before the ban crap.

I was impressed. Apparently so were journalists doing post-match, and so were commentators. I don't know what other people on here thought of him but my view was that he stood out on and off the ball until late on when he tired.

Not sure - I thought he'd served it?

What’s disappointing is that dogshit low block football is exactly what we’ve been expecting to play against all season.

This is what we are going to face all next season too.

And we looked really toothless today.
That's modern football you have to be creative. Thats why Arteta and Pep play wide to stretch the defences.

Literally nobody is blowing any smoke.

Bowen played Ok tonight but didn't look like scoring once.

If we want to improve, and we def do, we need better than what we have AND better than what fucking west ham have.

FFS
Oh, agree.

Not saying I’d actually want us to buy them. Just a hypothetical on current form and ability.

Yeah stodge is a good way of describing that style of play and agree also subs should have been used earlier Lo Celso & Richarlison especially…….. but my criticism is that now 8months into the gig Ange knows the opposition play this way he should have a solution.

Sometimes the bus wins (or draws)...... Did you watch MC v AFC on Sunday?

It's up to us to find solutions, but it's nothing new.. Nor is it exclusive to Spurs.

Why are people getting so bent out of shape?

We know we're not the finished article yet.
We know we struggle against teams that sit.
We know we need to improve the squad in the summer.

It's the reality of where we are right now. Sometimes we'll find a way through the negative tactics of these lesser teams. Sometimes we won't.

We didn't lose.
We're looking good for 7th.

I think ange has done a good job considering we lost kane and the trail of devastation conte and mourinho left. Ange has said 12 months he expects us to be in the title race. Keep an eye on that bournemouth coach. Hope ange achieves our dreams and stays long term but that bournemouth coach is a potential manager for us in the future.

To be fair, I would think their XG was made up of their goal and Antonio’s 1v1 which was a foul and never should have happened.

I didn’t hate that game, I’d rather be the side trying to ground down the bus - even with blunt forwards - than the bus.

As we see with sides like City and Liverpool, it’s tough to play against the bus and West Ham are the best bus in the PL right now.

We need better forwards with cleveter feet - a la Liverpool, City etc to break the bus. This is where a Doku type can help, he commits people, can go both ways and past people. Cause some chaos.

Ange’s subs absolutely killed us. Kulusevski and Sarr for Maddison and Bentancur weakened both positions in a creative sense. Should have just swapped out Bentancur for Lo Celso (or Kulusevski) and Son should have gone for Richarlison much Sooner, he’s crap as a 9 in a game like this and Werner is actually better out wide than Son.

I was with you until you sneaked in another bit of Doku-boosting.

Decent performance without working the goalkeeper near enough, we need to get in fresh atttacking options in the summer as we do not get near enough out of our possession and good play. The ref was poor throughout and how he missed the foul on Madders was a joke. Paqueta has a habit of get away with lots from refs also

Why are people getting so bent out of shape?

We know we're not the finished article yet.
We know we struggle against teams that sit.
We know we need to improve the squad in the summer.

It's the reality of where we are right now. Sometimes we'll find a way through the negative tactics of these lesser teams. Sometimes we won't.

We didn't lose.
We're looking good for 7th.

Yeah the meltdown is hilarious, our fans have gone really snowflakey this season for some reason

On the way back from the game, absolutely drenched.
Promising start, thought we shaded it over the whole game.

Pathetic defending from set pieces yet again. Any self respecting team aspiring for CL should be able to defend set pieces. Fans all around me shitting themselves every time they got a set piece. This can't keep going on.

Udogie had a great chance at the end there to score.

Subs were too late, desperately needed a target man. Richi on at 60 mins for werner was needed.

Bloody need telescopes to see anything from the upper tier there. Also haven't seen so many flat caps in my life!

Back
Top Bottom