Wet Spam v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 20.10.18

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How long have you been a fan?
6 years. What does that have to do with anything? Are you gonna bring up the 90s or some shit? Cause I'm well aware of that, plenty of your type go on about it plenty of the time. I get it, you are a real fan. But putting the cliches aside, anyone can tell you that in recent seasons we haven't been anywhere near this nervy, so consistently every week, and against all manner of opposition. It's something different this season and will end up costing us at some point; we are getting away with it right now.

6 years. What does that have to do with anything? Are you gonna bring up the 90s or some shit? Cause I'm well aware of that, plenty of your type go on about it plenty of the time. I get it, you are a real fan. But putting the cliches aside, anyone can tell you that in recent seasons we haven't been anywhere near this nervy, so consistently every week, and against all manner of opposition. It's something different this season and will end up costing us at some point; we are getting away with it right now.
Surely the opposite? Now we have players coming back we will look better and better.

Surely the opposite? Now we have players coming back we will look better and better.
I don't think that's related. It's been an issue right from the start, even before the mass injuries. We just let teams run right through us, the midfield offers no kind of sustained control or effective block, and we are so panicked under any kind of high press or chasing back a long ball towards our goal. The midfield needs to be rebuilt completely, I have no confidence in Dier, Sissoko, Wanyama or Dembele.

I see the jellied eel munching, flat cap wearing, lucky heather sellers are digging us out for defending a lead against 'a team 15th in the table'. No mention of the five Spurs first team players missing. They are home against our 1.5 team and it is our fault they got nothing out of the game because we defended too much. You couldn't make it up!

I see the jellied eel munching, flat cap wearing, lucky heather sellers are digging us out for defending a lead against 'a team 15th in the table'. No mention of the five Spurs first team players missing. They are home against our 1.5 team and it is our fault they got nothing out of the game because we defended too much. You couldn't make it up!

Been seeing a lot of " it was the ref's fault" blah blah blah.. This hurts them so so much.
The game I love to win above all others.

Great stuff but every game is a struggle.

A legacy of not improving the squad.

It has to happen in January and thereafter.

Dream world mentaility in disagreeing with the basis of my post.

It is clear we need reinforcements and not heresy to say so.

There is no guarantee we will be better when our injured players return and presently we are defying logic through force of will as opposed to quality of play.

Last edited:
newmp_caravanfires.jpg
Pikey Sauna?

Back
Top Bottom