What do you expect from this season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are all discussing our style of play, AVBs tactics, injuries and of course some of our fans behaviour. Makes me wonder how different all our expectations must be, and what we would be happy with this season.

For me, I think we need to be top 4. I could live with 5th, but I think it would a statement of intent for AVB to get 4th in his first season.

6th? :avbshit:....not a disaster, especially if came with some silverware.

I still really want us to win the EL, so tomorrow is massive.

Ok, so:

Out of all cups, top 4
Reach a final 5th
Win a cup, 6th

That I would think would be a great first season, or at the least a very respectable one.

Yeah being in the top four would be great, but I don't expect to be in it. If we won the Europa League which seems a very tall order, or the FA Cup, I'd be happy with a top seven finish. Out of all cups then I'd hope we got fifth in the league at least.

But if it goes tits up and we come 7th or 8th with no trophy I want to at least be seeing a fluid style of football. In fact maybe I should have started by saying style of football is right up there, as Id sacrifice a couple of league positions to see we have a plan, and we're going somewhere.

Right now I expect very little. Based on the season so far we've really struggled to win convincingly. However, if we manage to keep Dembele and Ade injury free, and strenghten in January (creative winger/midfielder), then I think we have a good chance of finishing 4th. Don't really care that much about the cups to be honest. Champions league has to be the number one target.

Top three is out for us, but fourth is certainly on. Who else if not us?

The cunts along the road are struggling. Red Scousers are a joke. Blue Scousers are a couple of injuries away from collapse. The Geordies aren't looking great. West Brom are flash in the pan.

We should get fourth by default if nothing else.

When we can beat teams like Wigan and Norwich at home i will think a bit Less of all the Cups Tottenham are in But in Truth would like them to go for at least one of the cups because i think 4th is the best we could hope for.At Best

Injuries are really hampering us at the minute, once everyone is fit I can't see Hudd or Livermore getting much playing time to be honest so it's not pretty right now.

We'll finish 4th if the fans stick with Villas Boas, Levy's not going to change managers before the end of the season unless we are in danger of being relegated so get behind the team and turn the presses dislike for our manager into a strength - a siege mentality.

I have to say top 4, mainly because I believe if we don't do that we will lose Bale next Summer, and that might start a sort of domino effect thingy

But failing that I'd settle for a cup final, to at least have something to remember during our slow descent into mediocrity.....

I just want all of our players and manager to give 100%. Also I hope no player moans about being left out of the team, and supports the players that are getting picked. Supporters getting off their back would be nice as well but I don't expect that to happen.

Haha yeah, speaking of Levy, what I really want from this season is to shave a couple of quid from the asking price when I purchase a ten million pound striker for two million.

To be honest I'd be very much happy with top 6 and a trophy. I'd really like to see us win some silverware, all this talk about top 4 is all well and good, but I think everyone (not just Spurs fans) have become too fixated on this top 4 notion and Champions League. I want to see us lift a trophy too, I want to be able to say we were the best team in that competition and we proved it and have something to show for it. :avbscream:

I'd still prefer top four, though. Or, at the very least, European qualification in general. Expands your possibilities, puts you into competitions that you don't compete for every year regardless, etc.

A trophy -- any trophy -- is wonderful, don't get me wrong, but many people last year said that Liverpool lifting the Carling Cup meant that they had the better season, and I don't think I agree with that. Liverpool thought that the Carling Cup victory would help right the ship and instill a winning mentality, and of course that didn't happen.

For a club that isn't totally "chasing the dragon" to the degree that clubs like City, Chelsea, PSG, etc., Champion's League qualification is an incredible privilege which brings enormous financial benefits, not to mention incredible footballing opportunities such as we saw in upsetting Inter, A.C. Milan, and then getting smashed at the Bernebeu! We went to the fucking quarter-final in our first visit to the Champion's League!

I'm really licking my chops to taste that F.A. Cup, but I'd rather we had a legitimate shot at the EL trophy or a swashbuckling venture in the CL than a Capital One Cup trophy. We've got the chance to lift a domestic trophy every year, but a European trophy or CL competition is a rare privilege that we should prioritize.

Back
Top Bottom