What do you expect from this season?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Winning the Europa League > Qualifying for Champions League imo

Definitely agree plus right now I'd choose the FA Cup over it too.

Think Virginia's probably right about the League Cup although, I don't know, I still like to know we last won a trophy four years ago. We had a better season than Liverpool last year but in ten or twenty years, people won't be saying "oh yeah, Spurs were fourth", they'll be saying "Liverpool won the League Cup that year".

Well, something like that, you know what I mean anyway.

said 6-8th at the start of the season but IF all 'main' players are fit then higher. (of course they never are)

What I would like and what i expect are completely different.

I would love us back in the champions league. I expect us to finish top 6 at worst.

I would like us to win a pot or two. I expect nothing.

What I do expect is development of the team, gelling of the players and the emergence of a proper spirit. Of a proper style of play. This season will be transitional. We shouldn't expect miracles. But we should expect us to be better in may than we are now.

What I would like and what i expect are completely different.

I would love us back in the champions league. I expect us to finish top 6 at worst.

I would like us to win a pot or two. I expect nothing.

What I do expect is development of the team, gelling of the players and the emergence of a proper spirit. Of a proper style of play. This season will be transitional. We shouldn't expect miracles. But we should expect us to be better in may than we are now.

I agree with this.
Whilst it would obviously be preferable to get Champions league, Europa is what I expect - for this season at least.

The Europa knock out stages aren't until next Feb. If we can make it through the group with players coming back from injury, a bolstered squad in January and time to adapt to the new system - who knows?

We can definitely get top 4 as no one seems to want 4th place. Getting 4th would give AVB more time and get a lot of fans off his back. I'm not sure 6th and an FA Cup would do that unfortunately

I really hope AVB is given time. The Shaktar game really brought that home to me. Yes they have some qreat players but they had a similar squad the last couple of seasons and were bit of a walkover in the CL. Whats changed? They've had time to learn and master the system they play and the players around them.

Unless we have a Chelsea/City size bank balance we will NEVER get further than fourth by constant manager/squad upheaval. An effective well drilled system makes a team better than the sum of its parts. Only the sugar Daddy teams can bypass this by filling their squads with quality to compensate

Definitely agree plus right now I'd choose the FA Cup over it too.

Think Virginia's probably right about the League Cup although, I don't know, I still like to know we last won a trophy four years ago. We had a better season than Liverpool last year but in ten or twenty years, people won't be saying "oh yeah, Spurs were fourth", they'll be saying "Liverpool won the League Cup that year".

Well, something like that, you know what I mean anyway.
Not so sure about this. Liverpool are arguably not in the limelight as much as they were when they were CL regulars, despite what their fans would have you believe. Personally I'd forgotten that they'd even won the League Cup a couple years back.

My expectations have not changed since AVB came in.

I expect us to have a real go at finishing top 4, though whether or not we succeed is of course another story. I expect to be in the mix right up to the end though.

I expect us to be quite inconsistent through the first half of the season, I expect us to improve a lot more after Christmas.

I expect us to take the cups seriously, but again how well we do is another story.

Over all I expect a slow start, improvement and to finish the season REALLY looking forward to the 2013/14 season with high ambitions built upon the way we developed this year.

Seen as I was definitely in the 'this is a transitional season' camp when AVB joined, personally I'd probably prefer 4th (and winning the Champions League play-off) to a trophy, this season.

As annoying as it is, the kind of players most of us would love to see in lilywhite would turn their noses up at us without Champions League football.

Top three is out for us, but fourth is certainly on. Who else if not us?

The cunts along the road are struggling. Red Scousers are a joke. Blue Scousers are a couple of injuries away from collapse. The Geordies aren't looking great. West Brom are flash in the pan.

We should get fourth by default if nothing else.

Arbroath?

I agree with this.
Whilst it would obviously be preferable to get Champions league, Europa is what I expect - for this season at least.

I wouldnt say 4th with our squad would be a miracle to be fair though.

People always quote the "Aim High" saying....imo 4th is not aiming high. Its totally realistic, and should be our aim...in fact, I think it is our target again, so the club have set our expectations themselves really.

I wouldnt say 4th with our squad would be a miracle to be fair though.

People always quote the "Aim High" saying....imo 4th is not aiming high. Its totally realistic, and should be our aim...in fact, I think it is our target again, so the club have set our expectations themselves really.

Agree with that. Our last three finishes prove we've got it in ourselves to be in the top 4 and although we haven't set the world alight yet, we are in contention yet again with key players missing. When they are back and well integrated into the team we will see the real potential of this squad.

I am desperate to see CL footie at WHL again, but at this moment I'd settle for the team to start gelling under AVB and to see some entertaining games. Who knows if that happens we could get 4th as well

Well played football and bringing back atmosphere to WHL. Also beating either City, Scum or Chavs at least on 1 occasion:avbscream:

Back
Top Bottom