What do you think about former woolwich players playing for us?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From Jimmy Brain(5th highest scorer and the first to score 100 for woolwich :cunt: ) to Ade, several of former gooners have been through Spurs. And currently we have 2 of them playing for us.
:adeninja: :gallashmm:

Without considering their performances, what do you think about former gooners playng for us and about those who might join in the future?
:ledley:

Doesn't really bother me as long as they play their heart put for the shirt. The problem we have is that we are most likely to get their rejects, whilst they are more likely to nick our better players.

I fucking despise jack Wiltshire but he is arguably one of their best players. It would break their hearts if we came in and took him to spurs to win trophies. (I'd still think he was a qunt though)

most of them still have Woolwich in their heart, so no thanks, would rather bring in players from abroad, our problem with transfers is we buy too much from the prem, gallas,crouch,pienaar,ade,dempsey,dembele etc etc when we do buy from abroad 'Vertonghen' look how bloody good they are,we need players who can make tottenham their own, not have to buy from rivals and other english clubs

Guess it depends on the manner of their departure from Woolwich and how much of a good scrub they need.

Wouldn't want any of the current bunch save for perhaps Carzola (just think if we'd have signed him last summer).

Doesn't really bother me as long as they play their heart put for the shirt. The problem we have is that we are most likely to get their rejects, whilst they are more likely to nick our better players.

I fucking despise jack Wiltshire but he is arguably one of their best players. It would break their hearts if we came in and took him to spurs to win trophies. (I'd still think he was a qunt though)
If that's true then they are fucked... the boy is unable to pick out medium difficulty through balls, if he's one of the best they've got we should stay clear for a whole other reason than them being goon players!

most of them still have Woolwich in their heart, so no thanks,
You know this how exactly?

Adebayor gets a ton of shit from Spurs fans for his connection, yet his lack of relationship with Le Arse, both club and fans, isn't exactly a secret.

I really couldn't give a fuck is they are ex-scum, as long as they do their jobs while with us. I think that fans who let the link get to them to the extent that they can't bring themselves to support the player while he plays for us are a bit petty.

You know this how exactly?

Adebayor gets a ton of shit from Spurs fans for his connection, yet his lack of relationship with Le Arse, both club and fans, isn't exactly a secret.

I really couldn't give a fuck is they are ex-scum, as long as they do their jobs while with us. I think that fans who let the link get to them to the extent that they can't bring themselves to support the player while he plays for us are a bit petty.

yes Ade had a great loan season and his games from chelsea at the end onwards were alright, but mid season he just seemed like he couldn't be bothered with us, and he just doesn't show the same passion i saw at Woolwich, I could be wrong , i could be completely wrong, i was stating what i think, no need to get so uppity:chicco:

Adebayor pretty much denounced Woolwich when he celebrated infront if them with city, so I have no problem with him. Gallas had the mark of a Redknapp signing. Made out of no consideration I the fans. He played well in his first season but the ethic behind the signing is wrong, he was their captain for Christ sake!

AVB won't sign Woolwich players. He's done well to rebuild his reputation here. He wouldn't damage it by doing something like that.

I couldn't have it, wouldn't take any of their current players.
Don't mind Adeabyor's situation because of how much he's fucked them off, that slide was as good as anything.
Gallas... well he's just Gallas, he's been class for us in some big games though.

The likes of Cocaine Jack and Fuckpong are Gooner fans, so no fucking chance. The likes of Cazorla probably hadn't heard of the goons until a couple of years ago, he's just there for a job, so I'd be fine with that kind of player.

I support them while they are wearing the shirt but personally I would rather we never signed any. But that's just me.
Disagree buddy, I always think it's a coup to grab our rivals players. As long as they haven't ever trash talked us then I'm all up for upsetting our neighbours... Only if the player is any good mind.

The likes of Cocaine Jack and Fuckpong are Gooner fans, so no fucking chance. The likes of Cazorla probably hadn't heard of the goons until a couple of years ago, he's just there for a job, so I'd be fine with that kind of player.
Funniest thing for me is all the rubbish Frimpong has tweeted this year like he lives and breathes the club and he's being dropped like a bad fart by Woolwich #timetogo

For me its about how much Woolwich has rubbed off on them.

Some players are just good honest players, Id take them no problem.

Others are proper 'Woolwich' like Wilshite and Id never want them at all.

I am not ..... comfortable with Woolwich players, nor with those who come to us although they are gooners from their youth, though I do like it when they switch allegiance.

What I find really, really difficult is when we have a gooner manager, who still loves Woolwich so much that he has a shrine to them in his garden.

Those were the darkest days ever for me as a Spurs supporter, I found them really difficult, nearly became a fan instead of a supporter and started criticising the management...

From Jimmy Brain(5th highest scorer and the first to score 100 for woolwich :cunt: ) to Ade, several of former gooners have been through Spurs. And currently we have 2 of them playing for us.
:adeninja: :gallashmm:

Without considering their performances, what do you think about former gooners playng for us and about those who might join in the future?
:ledley:

They are professionals and not supporters, to many fans get the two things confused. The answer, I have no problem at all if they are good enough. Unfortunately the two we have at the moment aren't.

The other thing worth remembering, is that (as with most clubs) there are two types of player; the one simply 'passing through', for whom that club is just 'another club'.... (Gallas and Ade spring immediately to mind!)
Then there is the player who grew up at that club, got their footballing education there, and whom the fans hold with that much higher regard because of this.... Again, I don't need to remind anyone of the ex-Spurs/ArseAnal player I'm referring to!
It would be the equivalent of Wilshire moving here in his prime...

Gallas and Ade don't have ArseAnal in their hearts, so I'm not fussed they're now here (albeit not for much longer I imagine)
Sol SHOULD'VE been to us what Wilshire is to them, and THAT'S why it hurt so much at the time!!

BLqp7mTCMAAw3fB.jpg

Let's ask Ade!

Back
Top Bottom