What do you think about former woolwich players playing for us?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I see a lot of talk on 'it depends how good the player was' etc. For me personally it's not about their quality as a player, it's the principle. Respect other people's opinions though.

If he's fucked Woolwich over in a good way and then joins us, I don't mind it as much. Adebayor is a prime example, it's a shame he can be such a lazy bastard at times otherwise having him banging the goals in regularly for us would be brilliant, just to see the look on their faces at "what might have been".

I think if we won the League with a team-full of ex-Gooners, many people would turn a blind eye!!

Then again, ArseAnal fans would probably claim it as their own and award themselves a trophy... so maybe not then!

The current Gooner brood are mostly rather distasteful, I'm sure now one would take white nose jack, or Pingpong. But I would definitely have taken Bergkamp back in the day. Wasn't he a Spurs fan anyway?

The current Gooner brood are mostly rather distasteful, I'm sure now one would take white nose jack, or Pingpong. But I would definitely have taken Bergkamp back in the day. Wasn't he a Spurs fan anyway?

Sadly yes... (well, a 'Hoddle' fan, if you can count that!)

I think Bergkamp and Brady are the only two of theirs I'd have taken down the years.. oh, maybe Fabregas if he'd never set foot in there in the first place!

(.....oh, and perhaps Llungberg.... and maybe Overmars, Petit and Vieira.... oh bollocks!)

I'm not knocking him as a player, it pains me to admit it but he was one of the best I've seen in the flesh. I would just think that Irish fans would hate him as a cheat.
Ive argued the toss with people about this sort of thing many a time.I dont see it (the act, that is. Terry Henry is still despicable) as any worse than someone appealing for a corner and getting it when they know it damn well isnt.

REALLY.....? WOULD YOU THOUGH?

at the moment, i'll grant you, cesc is in a different class to tommy. but tom is home-grown and has never tainted his chest with a red shirt. i'd rather we built up our own player who works his way in the starting XI, even if he never gets as good as cesc it would still be a massive satisfaction to see the youth system actually (with exceptions obviously) working, rather than a player being sold off to yeovil town after 4 years of loans.

how great was it when livermore got that equaliser against barca in the wembley cup 4 or so years back. to see young players break through the ranks feels like we've made a player rather than bought them in their prime and to me that's more important.

so to answer your question, even now, yes i'd still have carroll.

:carrollwtf:

at the moment, i'll grant you, cesc is in a different class to tommy. but tom is home-grown and has never tainted his chest with a red shirt. i'd rather we built up our own player who works his way in the starting XI, even if he never gets as good as cesc it would still be a massive satisfaction to see the youth system actually (with exceptions obviously) working, rather than a player being sold off to yeovil town after 4 years of loans.

how great was it when livermore got that equaliser against barca in the wembley cup 4 or so years back. to see young players break through the ranks feels like we've made a player rather than bought them in their prime and to me that's more important.

so to answer your question, even now, yes i'd still have carroll.

:carrollwtf:

Watertight arguement. You've swayed me. Can't disagree with any of it!

I think if we won the League with a team-full of ex-Gooners, many people would turn a blind eye!!

Then again, ArseAnal fans would probably claim it as their own and award themselves a trophy... so maybe not then!

haha they claimed Woolwich won Big Brother when Kate Lawler won it.

Was watching this the other night, never really knew much of the back ground about big Pats move to the filth prior to this:

Watertight arguement. You've swayed me. Can't disagree with any of it!

AVB clearly has an eye on Carroll and really hope we'll see a lot more game time from him this year. When I first saw him a few years ago I really thought he had some talent and hope he pushes on as I think he could really be a great player for us if he can reach his potential his talent suggests. That would be a thousand times better as a supporter than buy 'insert player who'll we'll get linked to for 34 years and never get'

Hopefully AVB has the continental attitude of if they are good enough then they can play rather than the boring 'is he a bit light weight etc'

Regarding Thierry Henry, I will never like the man mainly due to him being a Woolwich legend and whatnot but I do respect him for admitting the best defender he had ever played against was Ledley King. :ledley:

Back
Top Bottom