Where are you watching the final?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

For those driving to Madrid - on-street parking seems doable in the vicinity of the Plaza Colon (looks like this will be more fun than the stadium area). Plenty of green parking bays which non-residents can park in for two hours (pay like €4 for this). No restrictions after 3pm on Saturday and none on Sundays. So I can rock up at 1pm on Saturday.

My current favourite spot is outside these municipal swimming baths: Plaza Colón to Centro de Natación M-86

Half-hour walk to Plaza Colon from there, but would rather do that than miss the last metro out to somewhere (OK, they run until 1.45am, but if we win that is WAY TOO EARLY).

For those driving to Madrid - on-street parking seems doable in the vicinity of the Plaza Colon (looks like this will be more fun than the stadium area). Plenty of green parking bays which non-residents can park in for two hours (pay like €4 for this). No restrictions after 3pm on Saturday and none on Sundays. So I can rock up at 1pm on Saturday.

My current favourite spot is outside these municipal swimming baths: Plaza Colón to Centro de Natación M-86

Half-hour walk to Plaza Colon from there, but would rather do that than miss the last metro out to somewhere (OK, they run until 1.45am, but if we win that is WAY TOO EARLY).
as long as the city doesn't set up a temporary parking exclusion zone like they would in London

Pretty sure it's common practice within major European cities to have parking exclusion zones due to the threat of terrorism. I would check your green zone is still green on the day of the match.

I wouldn't want find a parking space anywhere near the centre, it'll be near impossible. Round Pza Colon is a major shopping area, plus there are contamination restrictions depending on the age of the car. Nearer the time I'll post areas that are easier to park in, outside the Restricted Zone but close to a Metro stop.

Meanwhile, I have realized that I am going to see The Futureheads play in Islington on the same night as the Mickey Mouse Final on May 29th.
Please don't let me leave the place to walk into WoolwichFest.
Obvs the other result not exactly great but better...

Has anyone else booked on this , or know anyone who has?

Had posters up in volunteer pub, and couldn't find much online, but turned out a friend of mine in events worked for them for years doing Wimbledon hospitality, said they are very reliable and a high end company mostly for corporates so you won't see loads of info about them online from regular Joe's.

Spoke on the phone and they were really good, cheaper than sport options and deffo going from Stansted (sport options might move some to east mids)

But now noticed I've not seen any mention of this at all from any Spurs fans online and got me panicking it might be undersubscribed and cancelled! Done twitter searches and not one single post saying they're on it. Which would really screw me as probably last minute. Hopefully I'm just being overly anxious

Has anyone else booked on this , or know anyone who has?

Had posters up in volunteer pub, and couldn't find much online, but turned out a friend of mine in events worked for them for years doing Wimbledon hospitality, said they are very reliable and a high end company mostly for corporates so you won't see loads of info about them online from regular Joe's.

Spoke on the phone and they were really good, cheaper than sport options and deffo going from Stansted (sport options might move some to east mids)

But now noticed I've not seen any mention of this at all from any Spurs fans online and got me panicking it might be undersubscribed and cancelled! Done twitter searches and not one single post saying they're on it. Which would really screw me as probably last minute. Hopefully I'm just being overly anxious
So, this…er…”friend”…he isn’t…er…you, is he?

Haha no genuinely not. I've just been searching more on twitter and turns out they are one of the companies that cancelled on Liverpool fans the week of the kiev game :oops: they've taken my money so now feel like I'm going to be shitting myself right up the week before the game. Sounds like they are reliable when it comes to Wimbledon but maybe not when it comes to flights. Eek

Back
Top Bottom