Which 13/14 Kit Should I Choose? Kit Review

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

already have a Bale and Dembele home shirt from the last two seasons.

am definitely thinking of a Paulinho 3rd kit shirt for this year

Looks like that pattern on the shoulders of the 3rd kit is that houndstooth thing that's meant to be in vogue....

houndstooth-blk_preview.png

Spot on!
http://wikifashion.com/wiki/Houndstooth
Houndstooth
Houndstooth originated in Scotland in the 1800s, it was originally worn as an outer garment of woven wool cloth by shepherds. The pattern is still popular to this day in tweed and wool fabrics. It is a duotone pattern that is characterised by its abstract four-pointed shapes, most often in black and white. The pattern is usually used for coats and jackets, however it can also be found on dresses and skirts. In the early 1800s the pattern was used on scarves, hoop skirts, and THFC's 3rd Kit!
During the 1930s, the houndstooth pattern was adopted by the upper class as a symbol of wealth.

I wonder if UA have done their homework and tied the design in as some kind of 1882 throwback...?
Either that, or they're just tryin' to be Hipster!

Oh, and this is totally petty 'cos we won on Sunday... but seriously, with ALL the kits we've actually got at our disposal this season, I was genuinely surprised to see the darkest one used against a team playing in Red & Black! Surely ALL WHITE or ALL CYAN would've been a better option...? (and I know it was the BIG 3rd KIT LAUNCH AN'ALL, but surely common sense should prevail over a farkin' kit launch date? Then again, look at last year's NLD!!!!)

Then again, maybe Marshall would've seen Paulinho coming sooner, and been better prepared, so whaddo-I-know??

Last edited:
I've collected Spurs kits since 87 . This is the best home kit for the last 20+ years in my opinion.

And yes I know the hp ruins it blah blah blah

Anybody have experience with getting a china/thai market product?

I am thinking about getting the home one on ebay, but it is from hong kong.
It's super cheap only about $50 with the name/number/patches, etc.

It looks pretty similar as to the original, with the only thing that I notice is that ... it may not have the slight retro patterns that the original does.

I am thinking about getting the home one on ebay, but it is from hong kong.
It's super cheap only about $50 with the name/number/patches, etc.

It looks pretty similar as to the original, with the only thing that I notice is that ... it may not have the slight retro patterns that the original does.
Link?

I'm considering the blue one, but reckon it'll fade badly in cotton.
I've actually had one of them for 7-8 years now, and it still looks great.

(Not on me, though. I've put on about 3 stone since then so it looks pretty fucking awful on me now. The missus wears it now and again though, and makes me want to rip it off her, but in a good way). Yeah, TMI.

By the way, is there anything more awful than a jersey with your own name on the back? Missus got one for me for Xmas a few years back and I could see she was made up over it, thinking it was the best present ever. She used to ask why I never wore it. Said I didn't want to ruin it like the others I had (which are blatantly not ruined) because it was "special".

(Special mention also to 21st, 40th, etc and Dad #1 jerseys)

I've actually had one of them for 7-8 years now, and it still looks great.

(Not on me, though. I've put on about 3 stone since then so it looks pretty fucking awful on me now. The missus wears it now and again though, and makes me want to rip it off her, but in a good way). Yeah, TMI.

Why take it off? Big fan of leaving them on them :adegrin:

@ ArcspacE ArcspacE : the ebay link that I put up ... are you gonna buy that jersey?
Hey, mate, sorry, missed that completely - this looks very similar to the ones on aliexpress.com which are half the price ($20). Only problem being they don't accept PayPal and I'm a little reluctant giving away my c/c details. These 'Thailand' shirts are of good quality, imv - as good as it comes for that price. I've owned one before and 4-5 years later still in good nick, no lettering de-lamination, etc. However - that might also depend on the actual quality - some 'fakes' can be better than others. However - this is almost double the ones posted earlier on in the thread, so I might just give it a skip for now

As for your eBay link - the seller looks 100% legit so no worries there if you go for it.

What are the sizes like compared to last years? I got the home and away shirts in medium last year but tried this seasons medium on in a shop a while back and it was quite big. Unsure whether to plump for the small this time round though as I can't find them in any shops to try on and I'm carrying a bit of a belly that the small might not fit around all that well...

I have.

Sold replica shirts on a weekly basis 2 years ago. Had a lot of people willing to buy from me. Two weeks back somebody asked if I could get him a Chadli 21 away shirt. The price of it was 11.5 GBP (18.50 USD). The shirt overall is pretty good. I love the fabric (yes it got the pattern). Told the guy who was buying from me the price was 20 GBP. I got a discount on the shirts so I've got myself a free one. Only use it to sleep innit, fabric is perfect for it. If you still need the supplier I'm willing to share.

wow, some parts of it make it look like a drugdeal.

Another question, although I assume nobody would know the answer; why is the cup shirt no longer on sale? I know it's got red on it but I've had every cup and league shirt since we started having separate sponsors so was planning on getting one at some point

Back
Top Bottom