Which Spurs player...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Makes you feel the oldest?

I'm 26 and Lewis Holtby's exuberance and energy levels on the pitch make me want to nap out of sheer exhaustion by proxy.

Also, if I think about it for too long, that he's represented one of the finest nations at a senior level at such a young age makes me furious that I haven't achieved anything comparable with my life.

How about you?

Not a player, but AVB!

I always secretly vowed I'd lose interest in Spurs once I was older than their oldest player... (still had time on my side with Freidel in the squad) but I didn't see a 35 year-old Manager coming!

I'm in ageist turmoil!!!

Soldado, even at the chipper age of 28 i think "he's too old!!" Yet every month i tell myself if i just get healthy, i could solve our creativity problems, and i have close to half a decade on him.

All of them. I found it hilarious when Aaron Lennon was 18 and fat, middle-aged men had his name on their tight-fit Kappa shirts.

I'm with @ 1882 1882 . I thought it would be a long time before I was older than a serving manager.

When did Lennon go through a fat phase....? PHAT perhaps....?
Talking of chubbers, seeing a bloated Garth Crooks each week on Football Fuckarse doesn't help my feeling of ageing!!!!

and in addition to @ Mrs Perryman Mrs Perryman 's post, I'd add that ANY Manager I saw actually play, now makes me feel old! (Martin O'Neill does it for me!!)

In stark contrast to all of this... if anyone still has any early '80s football annuals or Panini sticker books (I'm thinking 1980 specifically here)... just have a flick through some of the pics in there, and then check against their ages...
(especially some of the Scottish players, and Coventry City, circa. 1980 for some reason) times must've been way tougher than I remember as a kid... 'cos fuck me there's some ancient looking 20-somethings in there!!!
Makes me feel all sprightly and young again!!!!!

Let's face it... ANYONE 'old' on here is gonna feel old....

If 'Haters gonna hate'... then surely Agers gonna age!!!

Back
Top Bottom