Which Spurs player...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thats over 10 years ago! I'm 20 in under a years time, TWENTY! Is it wrong that I'm, well, not exactly feeling old, but, more worried about the thought of getting old?

Right that's it... feck off the lot of you!
If you can't remember the drought of '76, or at LEAST Charles & Diana's Wedding (at a push), then I have nothing to say to you!!!

I'm off to put me slippers on, and catch up on my Readers' Digest... and that pipe of mine ain't gonna light itself!

Last edited:
None of the players have that effect. It's a slow, creeping death of acceptance that they've always going to become younger than you.

I struggle most with AVB being the manager and being younger than me. That ain't right. Managers should be older, uncle-type figures. Like Keith Burkinshaw. Not Jazzy European types.

Maybe its me, but I love the teasing thread title, making you wonder what previously uncovered subject could possibly be worthy of discussion on the matter of a particular spurs player, yet urging you to click and penetrate its warm and fluffy pathos. Or maybe I'm just getting old.

Slightly off topic I know, but at times I find it hard to believe Italy '90 happened almost 25 years ago.

What a fucking pointless post... I must be getting old.

I'll see your 1990, and raise you 4 years!

Until you've sampled the delights of Aztec Gold/Mexico '86 (and subsequently, the 'Saint 'n' Greavsie' theme tune) you ain't lived pal!

More than any other time... we'll get it right!

:harrylol::avblol::king::ade::adelol::levylol::dawsonlol:

I'll see your 1982, and raise you a 1978... oh....
:ossie:

Tom Carroll.
When people are saying Someone younger than me is worthy of first team games i realise I've probably missed the boat on the professional football career.

And now Lamela and Eriksen, Same age as me... already having multimillion pound transfers and playing international football. Earning millions.

Am I the ONLY one whose first football memory was the 1966 World Cup - just in case you young 'uns don't know your history, that's the only time Eng-er-land ever won the trophy. And the best World Cup song was "World in Motion", by a country mile (although I have a soft spot for "Back Home").

Back
Top Bottom