Whitewebbs Park

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Funny...... Despite prior pissing and moaning about Levy beefing up his property portfolio; turns out the acquisition of the golf-course was for footballing reasons afterall. :harrysmile:
Or, the grounds which underpin the application, are “Football Reasons”.

ie. Without the ruse that the women need a space, we are to believe they spent all the money building World Class facilities, which could not support Women’s football.

Jennifer Lawrence Reaction GIF

Fuck me.......

Enfield Council own the Golf Course and they can't afford to run it. So they put out a tender for ideas for whoever to run it. Seeing as the Golf Course is right next to our training ground Tottenham put in a tender and they won it.

If anyone has a problem with this then their issue should be with the Council.

This was our pitch that won: https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/media/39082/whitewebbs.pdf

Seeing as there isn't even a formal League for Girls/Women football in the Borough I personally think it's a fantastic idea (right now it seems the women's game just has the top English clubs buying up players without doing/investing in any development themselves.

I've no problem if people think it should be something else but it was a fucking golf course (has been all my life) which means the people moaning about it being an academy for women's football and not a park to walk their dog, have never been able to walk their dog there because it was a Golf Course. The other thing to consider is that the Council do not have the money to maintain Whitewebbs Woods, not just the Golf Course, so giving up a relatively small piece of land (about 4 holes of the old Golf course worth) and a Toby Carvery in return for the upkeep of their entire Whitewebbs Woods seems like a good deal to me. Without Tottenham's proposals there would be no Woods, they would be shut, just as the Golf Course is permanently closed (has been for over 2yrs!).

EDIT:
They have been trying to sell the Golf course since 2016!!! http://docs.novaloca.com/26_10013_636227500288400000.pdf

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom