Who do you think will be the next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I wasn't Poch out and I'm far from Jose out now.

.....But for me "who next" would be a somewhat secondary question based on what framework and squad they would inherit.

DOF/recruitment/scouting remains where my deepest concerns lie.

I thought we were gunning for being the Dortmund of the EPL, but somewhere during the Poch era that vision got lost and I don't really know what we are anymore... That's what I'd like to get back to... That feeling of knowing who we are; where we are heading and the on-pitch clarity that comes from that.

Last edited:
Why after nearly 6 years did we go away from principles and an identity to basically rip it up. Cant remember last time I watched a game and thought this is entertaining and we look a well coached team front foot team

Funny ye cunts didn’t feel this way when the same team spanked Woolwich. Look, there is something here, they just haven’t really gotten settled yet, for whatever reason.

Yesterday was woeful but I would not think too much about it - yet. This is far from over.

Exactly. He just can not see the big picture.

When he is trying to sell a player there are 3 possible outcomes.

1) We sell him for the amount Levy wants.

2) We sell him for less than Levy wants.

3) We don't sell him, we don't get any money and we've still got a player that we wanted to offload.

Levy can not understand that option 2 is better than option 3.

I think he regards transfers as a game of one upmanship between him and the other club and he doesn't think of what is in Tottenham's best interests.
And people say that Poch didn't want a striker or another player X here or there. But he was very clear when he stated that he'd rather not have shitty player X who was not good enough and then clogged up the squad. He learned that Levy was never going to move said player on so why bring him in when Poch didn't rate him? Look how long it took to get rid of Janssen or N'Jie or Nkoudou.

It's great if you are going to bring in cheap punts. I'm all for it. but the other side of the equation is you have to be willing to lose 50p on you 10M pound punt so that you can fill that squad place with another player with potential or a player the manager wants. Levy doesn't see this.

We need another Poch style project manager from the German school. We've tried the quick fix and it's made things worse and we'll be left with a lot of difficult to shift players. The likes of Kane and Son might be not be prepared to stick it out for a big overhaul and we may need to cash in.

That performance was catastrophic. No way I'm watching that on a weekly basis. Many more games like that I will be temporarily suspending my support for the team until he's gone. I'll follow Skipp's progress at Norwich instead because I actually enjoyed watching them the other day.
Agree. Think i've more interest in watching Skipp and Parrott than us wheeze around the pitch having 2 shots on target a game for a 0-0, 1-0 or 0 -1. Even at other shit times under Francis, Gross, Graham,.Hoddle, Ramos and AVB dont think i've felt as disinterested or disallusioned.

Back
Top Bottom