Who is your favorite current Spurs player?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who is your favorite Spurs player?

• Friedel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gomes

• Cudicini

• King

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Dawson

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kaboul

• Gallas

• Nelsen

• Assou-Ekotto

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • Walker

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Rose

• Parker

• Modric

• Bale

• Lennon

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Van der Vaart

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Huddlestone

• Sandro

Votes: 6 9.5%
  • Bentley

• Dos Santos

• Kranjcar

• Adebayor

• Defoe

• Saha

• Total voters
Just basically spent the day on these here forums and have read through just about everything there is to read through, so I though it was time for a new thread. You're favorite player and why.

Here's mine.

Sandro He seems like a laugh and is just so likeable as a guy from what I've seen of him. Then you add to that that he is an absolute beast on the field, capable of putting a tackle that gets the crowd going and capable of a brilliant surging runs. He's got a bloody massive future ahead of him, i'm just thrilled that we've got him signed until 2016.

(Assou-Ekotto, van der Vaart and Kaboul ran him close, but it had to be Sandro.)

EDIT: Poll of current 25-man squad added

Used to be Modric before he turned into a thundercunt.

Now it would probably be Rafa. I love him because he epitomises everything that is Tottenham. Class, style, passion, skill and he generally seems like a great guy.

Got a lot of man love for Walker and Sandro as well.

:bae:

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏ @AssouEkotto
I survived the op, u should see me next season so lol, tonight great meal and great nurse too ! it's going to b a long night

Benoit Assou-Ekotto ‏ @AssouEkotto
Minutes away from my shoulder operation....if I don't wake up please know that I was very happy to have plAyed for the Spurs. LOL LOL LOL

Need i say no more ! LOL

Last season would have said Modric without hesitation, but his performances and commitment have been questionable this year so I'll opt for Walker or VDV, but don't honestly have a definitive favourite.

Van der Vaart. Wants to stay at spurs, actually gives 110% in every game and a good family man, his son is a Yiddo too!

Or Kranjcar because he's great for our National team and is a sexy motherfucker, hope to see him, Corluka and Modric perform well for us in the Euros

Also going for Raf.

Shops in the Sainsbury's where I work, is always happy to have a chat with people and seems like a top geezer. Even if he doesn't, I can believe that he loves the club, he's a great wind up merchant, scored against the scum and is just a quality player (with a fit wife and cute kid). He's also a good-looking chap from a straight male perspective.

Benny and Sandro do run him close though because they're legends.

This man.......
Rafael-Van-der-Vaart-Tottenham-Hotspur-Champi_2509157.jpg

Bale or Benwahr LOL.

Bale because of the thrill I get when he is on the break and that I loved watching him from the moment he took over for BAE that season.

Benwahr because he's Disco Benny.

:bae:

Ledley King aside...

Probably Van der Vaart because he is such a superstar and loves playing for Spurs.

I like Benny and Sandro for their eccentricity.

Also a big fan of Lennon and Walker for consistent effort and tracking back.

Kaboul needs a mention too, really improved.

Rafa, I think.

But I waffle around a lot. Changes day to day, but I've always been a Rafa fan.

But seriously, who would've thought when Rafa joined that he would be perhaps the most emotionally involved and devoted Spurs player in our roster? Fucking loves scoring against the scum, then telling them to "shush up"! Fucking legendary.

And then when it looks like our season is falling apart and we'll miss out on CL?
He goes to press saying he wants to keep playing at Spurs, that he has no intention of leaving just because we might miss out on CL, and he expects the other players to recognize that they've got a great deal going, that Spurs are a big team that nobody should be ashamed to play for!

Fucking legend in the making. Nice to see that he's getting back into good form towards the end of this season.

There should be a poll for this. Ledley is on another level. I can't believe how lucky I am to be watching someone that will be talked about 20-50 years from now. He's the first such player for me.

After that though Rafa (1) for all of the reasons that have been mentioned. He works so hard when he's on the pitch, and you can always tell he gives a shit. And Benny is number 2. He's like a cute, little energetic puppy that you get before he's trained all the way.

Rafa takes it for me. Classy player & classy bloke. Seems to genuinely love playing for us.

Honourable mentions to Benny, Kaboul & Sandro.

And also a mention for Jake Livermore. Has come through the ranks & worked hard to establish himself at the club. Never going to be our greatest player, but always gives 100% for the shirt. And that for me is what it's all about.

Always liked Lennon, I think he has a great attitude, and the efforts he has made over the last seasons to improve his weaker areas has been outstanding. Its been great to see a player mature, and develop, showing patience and accepting his role in the squad.

For what he is, he should be one of our top earners, and I get really pissed off when people constantly bang on about Hazard and Marin etc.

Show the man some respect! He's better than Young, and I'd feel sick if he ended up at Man U or the scousers.

Back
Top Bottom