WIGAN!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

best bit... I'd say scum were outplayed for most part of the day! never seen a relegation candidate so relaxed and confident on the ball

Also, special mention to the rather special Woolwich fans that piped up on my blog about Spurs fans leaving early in the semi and how we are shit supporters.

spooky said:
Also, special mention to the rather special Woolwich fans that piped up on my blog about Spurs fans leaving early in the semi and how we are shit supporters.

I see their point of view, but come on Goons - there's a difference between leaving at 4-1 with 5 minutes to go and leaving at 1-2 with 5 minutes to go. Awful fans.

WilsonJet said:
On behalf of Thelonius via Jamaica:

Martinez for Spurs! Who's with me?!
I'm just an unfrozen caveman when it comes to managers, but about 11 months ago, I wanted Levy to pick up Martinez. Young, PL experience, 'plays the right way' tasty!

Éperons said:
WilsonJet said:
On behalf of Thelonius via Jamaica:

Martinez for Spurs! Who's with me?!
I'm just an unfrozen caveman when it comes to managers, but about 11 months ago, I wanted Levy to pick up Martinez. Young, PL experience, 'plays the right way' tasty!

Same here. Time to get in a manager to build a club and be there for many years to come. Harry, no matter what happened, was never going to be that. We have the option now to build rather than rescue.

Mike in Parma said:
Same here. Time to get in a manager to build a club and be there for many years to come. Harry, no matter what happened, was never going to be that. We have the option now to build rather than rescue.

This. It's all well and good wanting the likes of a Jose but he ain't gonna hang around long even if we did get him. The two successful manager models are chuck cash till something sticks or build long term. Whether it's Martinez or someone else that may not be a "big name" we need to think long term and allow them time to mould a legacy. Look at Manure. It's no coincidence that the last manager we had for any real length of time bagged back to back FA Cups and a UEFA in 8 years

idzziw.jpg

:akabusi: :defoe2: :crouch: :harrylol: :dawson: :king: :gio:

Newcastle have gotta play Wigan too, Away! They might just do us another favor. But it's all on us now, gotta take advantage of this and win at loftus road. :rafaaaa:

bensonrecon said:
Mike in Parma said:

This. It's all well and good wanting the likes of a Jose but he ain't gonna hang around long even if we did get him. The two successful manager models are chuck cash till something sticks or build long term. Whether it's Martinez or someone else that may not be a "big name" we need to think long term and allow them time to mould a legacy. Look at Manure. It's no coincidence that the last manager we had for any real length of time bagged back to back FA Cups and a UEFA in 8 years

Exactly. Thats why I subscribe to the 'get a younger manager in to build something for many years to come' model. I don't want some flash prick thats going to act like he's better than the club or feel he's doing us a fucking favor managing us. I want someone who will be right in it and BE SPURS. Might be a pipedream, but I'd fucking love it.

Back
Top Bottom