Wilfried Zaha

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just stinks of another player trying to get a pay rise by linking us. His stats make Chadli look like Messi. He is a show pony. Given who Palace have signed this window and how they play, Zaha fits into this well, he/his agent would have seen this and believe now is the time to squeeze the club. (Didn't harm Bolase's chances/valuation by linking him to us last year although I believe it was Palace themselves that did that as they might have hung a neon flashing for sale sign around his neck last year).

Nothing to this. This will all be bluster from his agent with a view to getting a bigger contract at Palace.

I can't believe for a second we would be looking at him.

Very strange if true.

I think he has potential to be a very good footballer, very good dribbling ability but I question his footballing brain and ability to work in a team. I think I'd rather Louis Saha back.

He's just a shit Josh Onomah, why would we block Josh's path to the first team for this joker?

josh_brentford730.jpg

Wilfried-Zaha-009.jpg

I do remember him tearing Rose apart in the 2 games we faced them last year, don't think I can name another player in the league who's caused Danny Rose as much trouble. We completely and utterly lack pace in the front four, don't think he's a starter by any means but the thought of someone like him coming off the bench on the 70 minute mark makes complete sense to me. Assist wise also I think you've got to take into account who he was trying to find in the box at palace. End product wise if you look at how Walkers delivery has changed under Poch there must be some hope. Hell of a kick in the teeth for Townsend mind.

The thing is, if we would make a marquee signing this late in the window, one out of Alli, Eriksen or Lamela would have to take place on the bench. And I don't think we should change anything about that. If we were to go out and buy someone like Boufal, he'd have to be on the right fitness level for Poch, accept to also work defensively (which is something most of the luxurious player don't do) and get used to the Premier League.

Zaha is English and PL proven. He might not be as technically gifted as Boufal, but he is much stronger about the physical side of the game. A look at our current squad: Aside Eriksen and maybe Alli, all of our current starters play 'powerful and aggressive' football. A few years ago, Rose and Walker looked like Championship players. Through Pochettino's training regime, both became fitter, stronger and faster. It makes a big difference. Same goes with Kane.

The two signings this summer - Wanyama and Janssen don't seem to be too technically gifted either. But their physical condition is top.

Zaha has alot of pace and combines skill, dribbling with a good amount of strength. He doesnt have to be a starter, bringing him on around the 65 - 70th minute, he can cause trouble.

And just because he doesn't have the best stats at Palace doesn't mean he wouldn't get any for us...

Back
Top Bottom