Willian, lucky escape? (Eriksen)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

At the time when linked to Willian, I remember comparing his stats to Lamela's, as we were clearly in for both, I was excited. Lamela however had double the goals Willian had and was playing in a far harder and competitive league. If we had got both we wouldn't have touched Eriksen, all be an assumption after a game each for their clubs, but to say we have the better deal could be the understatement of the season. I think we've dodged a massive bullet. The value of the transfer was £20 million less, the difference in fee's being so substantial it would have broke our transfer record deal pre Soldado alone. The Dane is younger, is deadly from set pieces, has scored goal regularly, has 39 caps to Willian's 2 (Yeah its for Denmark but its fact) and overall looks alot more Spursy than Chelscum's latest 'number 10'

Really excited to see him clicking with Soldado and Lamela during the season.

Hey mate, I was pretty vocal in saying I think Willian is a wall flower when we were being linked... But one game? Come on.

Willain is done, finito, finished. Years spend on the Russian tundra has withered his willpower, evidenced by him ending up at Chelsea. Not only have we 'dodged a bullet', we have evaded a potential black hole. His mediocrity would have sucked in the whole team, coalescing in utter collapse. Shit, even the cockerel would have lost his fighting spirit. Praise the football gods we have escaped his blemish on our beautiful white fabric. RIP Willian (1988 - 12/09/2013), once a footballer, now a capitalist.

Eriksen was far better value for money. Willian has only played twice for Brazil, and they've been not been a great side for at least 10 years. I think the British media tend to overrate players that play well against English teams and undervalue players who don't always perform against our sides (Ibrahimovic). Remember how everyone used to criticise Messi because he had never scored against an English team?

NEVER! Judge now, and be damned to a life of abject misery, safe in the knowledge TFC hath spoken.

To the pit, Willian....the pit of eternal shame.
Thank you for putting me right..........Willian you SHIT!!!!

I can understand the excitement with Eriksen, he is a breath of fresh air. We are I think about to have a great season and he will be at the centre of it thats for sure. COYS

Willian spoke to Spurs agreed terms, then went to Chelsea. Eriksen seems genuinely excited to be at Spurs.

I think it's fair to say we dodged a bullet purely on the fact he seems to be another money grabbing mercenary footballer. Although Eriksen may just fuck off to Real Madrid 12/24 months from now.

Whether he is better value for money than Eriksen? I will have to refer to a copy of Football Manager to make any decision on that one.

At the time when linked to Willian, I remember comparing his stats to Lamela's, as we were clearly in for both, I was excited. Lamela however had double the goals Willian had and was playing in a far harder and competitive league. If we had got both we wouldn't have touched Eriksen, all be an assumption after a game each for their clubs, but to say we have the better deal could be the understatement of the season. I think we've dodged a massive bullet. The value of the transfer was £20 million less, the difference in fee's being so substantial it would have broke our transfer record deal pre Soldado alone. The Dane is younger, is deadly from set pieces, has scored goal regularly, has 39 caps to Willian's 2 (Yeah its for Denmark but its fact) and overall looks alot more Spursy than Chelscum's latest 'number 10'

Really excited to see him clicking with Soldado and Lamela during the season.
:paulinhofacepalm::avbfacepalm:

We've smashed it by getting Eriksen and Paulinho for £11m and £15m while Chelski paid £32m for Willian and City £30m for Fernandinho. Doubled by the fact that our lads actually look decent and we're laughing :eriksenlol:

Both are good players. But ours is younger and still improving while theirs probably isn't. For a third of the price too. It's a no brainier as far as I'm concerned, before either played for their new teams. We got the better deal by far. Not sure I'd describe it as dodging a bullet though.

he did say in the op "an assumption after 1 game each for their clubs". I agree purely for the fact it's obvious Willian and his agent only care for money and nothing else.

Back
Top Bottom