Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

4th place, no 4th place...Sherwood won't be manager next season. Why the FUCK is the board letting this guy throw away one of the best young talents just because he doesn't like the way he hazed the development squads.

Because they arent Its Levys decision you imbecile.... oh and Holtbys of course.

We picked him up on the cheap with the sole intention of flipping him on later for a profit. : PienaarLOL :

Last edited:
He's still friends with Sylvie, and is now currently banging her best friend.
I think he's alright .. really don't worry about him

rafael-twitter--z.jpg
Just think if VDV spent his off time with a focus on further developing his game n getting his match fitness n conditioning ideal? Could have been one of the very best in the world. Too bad

But don't get me wrong, loved him in in Lilywhites

Last edited:
Villas Boas has received a lot of criticism for his man management skills...........seems to me a fair few players who were previously happy biding their time on the bench are now agitating for moves

I guess all this proves is that it's near on impossible to keep every player content.

I'm worried about Sherwood's gushing praise of Townsend though, I'd prefer to see us cash in on the ridiculously high esteem he's held in after one or two England games than get rid of players like Holtby.
I don't understand why some of you don't like Townsend, he's the one player I really hope stays.

why is it we sent Coulibaye on loan to Orient the other week and he is back playing for the under 21 against Newcastle and scored.Makes me think there is no Defoe replacement coming in

Obika did well in the Spurs XI against Charlton then went off to Barnsley. He's 23 too, so you'd assume he needs to start breaking through soon?

I don't understand why some of you don't like Townsend, he's the one player I really hope stays.

I just don't think he's ever going to match the hype that's been created by his unexpected England performances.

Everyone else thinks he's a World beater when in reality (I think) he's only scored one and assisted none for us this season.

Famous last words...
i would not mind if he had not played well or looked shit.But he looks good and is only young.I wish things would just stop as they were until the summer because i doubt even sherwood will even be there in 6 months.As a spurs fan you just think what the hell is going on all the time we got a good squad now still in europa and good place in the league and it looks like good players will be leaving and we are being linked with steven fletcher.Makes you think what people like sandro and Loris think come the summer.Tim sherwood is the young :harrysmile:

i would not mind if he had not played well or looked shit.But he looks good and is only young.I wish things would just stop as they were until the summer because i doubt even sherwood will even be there in 6 months.As a spurs fan you just think what the hell is going on all the time we got a good squad now still in europa and good place in the league and it looks like good players will be leaving and we are being linked with steven fletcher.Makes you think what people like sandro and Loris think come the summer.Tim sherwood is the young :harrysmile:
Don't forget Jan VT

I just don't think he's ever going to match the hype that's been created by his unexpected England performances.

Everyone else thinks he's a World beater when in reality (I think) he's only scored one and assisted none for us this season.
Agreed, he was too selfish for most of this season, although in his defence, he had no-one up front to create chances for (Soldado was lost under AVB, still is) and we had no midfielders running into the box, this combined with being played on the right meant it was difficult for him. If TS plays him on the left with the current attacking system I think we can make a better judgement of him.

Considering all the injuries to the MF and the fact that Capoue can't get a sniff of time out there, have to think It's a real possibility
I guess if he is unhappy and wants to leave better to let him go, I don't mind if we loose a few players who are not interested in fighting for their place, if we keep them it will make the team harder to manage, just hope we get a good price. With such a big sqaud it may be better to sell 5-6 players (say Siggy, Soldado, Lamela if he really wants to go, Chadli and so on) and only buy really special players in the future. A new striker and left back wouldn't go a miss. Just worried that we may get a lot of disaffected players.

Obika did well in the Spurs XI against Charlton then went off to Barnsley. He's 23 too, so you'd assume he needs to start breaking through soon?
I said that in the Academy/Development thread, but someone more knowledgeable than me said he isn't good enough. Why we hold onto these players for so long I don't know. We're only hampering their careers. Surely these boys want to play football, even if it's League One or Two.

On a general note - thank fuck Shane Long is going to Hull.
On another note - why the fuck are we linked with Steven Fletcher? Why don't we do a straight swap, Ade & Soldado for Fletchy and Dory? See, I've already given them nicknames, they've practically signed already!!

Last edited:
Agreed, he was too selfish for most of this season, although in his defence, he had no-one up front to create chances for (Soldado was lost under AVB, still is) and we had no midfielders running into the box, this combined with being played on the right meant it was difficult for him. If TS plays him on the left with the current attacking system I think we can make a better judgement of him.

It's not just his attacking play to me, Lennon, for example, is very good at tracking back and making a defensive contribution. I've never seen Townsend do the same and it's not something that he's incapable of as it's just a case of being determined - not any natural ability.

Back
Top Bottom