Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry but are you honestly saying defoes movement around the box is exceptional? That's absolute bollocks, most of his goals he starts outside it

Certainly no worse than Chicaritos.

Nobody rated him before we were linked with him. Not even Man Utd fans.

Now he is suddenly being associated with "exceptional" attributes. "Exceptional"? Really? Exceptional like who exactly? What performances do we attribute such explicitives to?

I saw someone on twitter compare him to Greaves. LOL. Just LOL

Nobody rated him before we were linked with him.

I always have, you can find faults and bad misses from even the worlds best players, normally a confidence related thing from, say, never getting game time at your domestic club.

I'd prefer him to Dimi, better investment tbh

Sandro was a key member of Brazil's national team and only missed out on the Confederation Cup because of his knee injury.
Sandro hasn't been a regular for Brazil for well over a year, Paulinho is. He's ahead of Sandro in the Brazilian 'mid rankings', and while neither is world class Paulinho is closer to that epithet than Sandro.
Sandro is a good/very good player, but overrated by many Spurs fans, he's not world class ATM, that's for sure. He may not even make the World Cup, though of course I hope he does, but 'key member' nah, that's Paulinho.
It'll be interesting to see how highly Tim rates him when he gets fit as i hope Sandro does soon.

Last edited:
Sandro hasn't been a regular for Brazil for well over a year, Paulinho is. He's ahead of Sandro in the Brazilian 'mid rankings', and while neither is world class Paulinho is closer to that epithet than Sandro.
Sandro is a good/very good player, but overrated by many Spurs fans, he's not world class ATM, that's for sure. He may not even make the World Cup, though of course I hope he does, but 'key member' nah, that's Paulinho.
It'll be interesting to see how highly Tim rates him when he gets fit as i hope Sandro does soon.
:gallas:

Only reason Sandro hasn't been a regular for Brazil recently is because he's spent more time in the physio room since this time last year than he has out of it. He had made that position his own, and has been more than impressive for both club and country.

Sandro is class, and given how long he has been at Spurs now I expect that Tim is going to favor him heavily, though carefully in terms of reintroducing him and bringing him back up to match fitness.

946474ac722511e393820e911814c01d_8.jpg

I understand the people who are unsure on him as it is potentially a risk, but would you rather Hernandez for £10-15 million meaning not just cover up front when JD leaves but a proven Premier League goal scorer or no Hernandez, leaving us with Ade, Soldado and Kane up front from March onwards. An injury to one of these or Ade inevitably going off the boil (once again) would leave us very weak in comparison with United, Liverpool and Everton in the race for Champions League. If not Hernandez, we surely need someone new up front..

I understand the people who are unsure on him as it is potentially a risk, but would you rather Hernandez for £10-15 million meaning not just cover up front when JD leaves but a proven Premier League goal scorer or no Hernandez, leaving us with Ade, Soldado and Kane up front from March onwards. An injury to one of these or Ade inevitably going off the boil (once again) would leave us very weak in comparison with United, Liverpool and Everton in the race for Champions League. If not Hernandez, we surely need someone new up front..

While this is true, I'm not so sure it's necessarily Hernandez or nothing. I doubt the club is only considering one player if they actually are considering bringing in a Defoe replacement. So the arguments against are more along the lines of hoping we find a better option.

Tim Sherwood says market moves are unlikely this week
Last Updated: 28/01/14 2:52pm

Tim Sherwood insists it will take 'something dramatic' for Tottenham to get involved in the transfer market with just three days of the January window remaining.

However the Spurs boss is refusing to rule out the prospect of loan departures, with midfield duo Lewis Holtby and Etienne Capoue both linked with moves.

"We're not actually looking for anything," said Sherwood. "Unless something drastic happens between now and the end of the window then we won't be bringing anyone in.

"I am happy with the squad we have here. It is a big squad after we brought seven new players in last summer and I trust this group of players to take us where we want to be.

"But it is possible that there may be players leaving, although if no one was to go then I would be delighted."

Asked if Borussia Dortmund's interest in Holtby could see him depart on loan, Sherwood said: "I like Lewis. He is a good lad and one of the best trainers at the club.

"But I understand, as I do with all players, that they want to play and if they are not getting a lot of opportunities then sometimes you have to be fair to the player. But first and foremost my job is to do what's right for this football club.

"As for Capoue, it the same as Lewis. He's a good lad, good trainer and has never given me a minute's prohblem

"However, as I said, you have to be fair to the players. We have a lot of players in that midfield area and if an opportnity does arise, and it's right for the football cliub, then we will let players move on."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...wood-says-market-moves-are-unlikely-this-week

you recon? i can see us letting one of those two go (probably capoue) but not both...cant see dortmund fronting with the $$$ for holtby...stories say 5 million which is bs considering the price we quoted to schalke
Read Timmy's comments - it's over. Even if they stay - back for the reserves for a German and French fucking internationals

His prodigal son Bentaleb however will be here until eternity. Or until someone offers Levy a good deal

Back
Top Bottom