Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Could we be losing both Ade and Defoe in this next window??
I doubt it. The only clubs interested in Defoe can't afford him, as Allardyce testified to a few weeks ago. The MLS rumour could turn out to have some substance, but JD wants to get into the England squad and with the MLS season finishing soon he'd be essentially shooting his chances in the head.

Who knows what's going on with Ade at this point? He seems in good spirits on twitter but AVB's treatment of him so far has been very concerning. Taking him to Moldova, not using him, then not even picking him for the bench in the League Cup? The lad's head must be all over the place.

I doubt it. The only clubs interested in Defoe can't afford him, as Allardyce testified to a few weeks ago. The MLS rumour could turn out to have some substance, but JD wants to get into the England squad and with the MLS season finishing soon he'd be essentially shooting his chances in the head.

Who knows what's going on with Ade at this point? He seems in good spirits on twitter but AVB's treatment of him so far has been very concerning. Taking him to Moldova, not using him, then not even picking him for the bench in the League Cup? The lad's head must be all over the place.
Yes interesting times I think we will lose at least one of them. the club must have plans to buy an impact striker.

£105k p/w :adegrin2:
You think he'd be able to afford a better outfit...
manu.jpg

Could we be losing both Ade and Defoe in this next window??

Highly doubt it. In the summer almost certainly though IMO.

January buys always come at a premium, and strikers cost more than anything, we will only buy if deserate. IMO its more likely we will stick to what we have.

In fact, injury permitting, I wouldnt be surprised at all if we do little/no business in January. We are just bedding a side now, only essentials or prospects for the future will be looked at IMO.

I think the only essential need we have is at LB, competition/cover for Rose is a must for me.

January buys always come at a premium, and strikers cost more than anything, we will only buy if deserate. IMO its more likely we will stick to what we have.

In fact, injury permitting, I wouldnt be surprised at all if we do little/no business in January. We are just bedding a side now, only essentials or prospects for the future will be looked at IMO.

I think the only essential need we have is at LB, competition/cover for Rose is a must for me.

proper cover for Lloris.. which is going to be difficult because he is so quick on his feet, and is a fairly unique keeper.

proper cover for Lloris.. which is going to be difficult because he is so quick on his feet, and is a fairly unique keeper.
Absolutely required, Im just not sure we will pursue it in Jan. Old man Brad has this year on his contract doesnt he? I can see us letting him go before replacing...

Jermaine linked with the USA. Could be win win. Great final contract for him with a ton of money.

We shift him from our books for a decent fee.

He leaves knowing he is loved by the fans.

anyone thought of a massive bid for Shaw as a back up to Rose, selling Naughton to fund it and calling back Adam Smith as back up for RB?

Would love this, but doubt it. Shaw won't want to come to play backup, and Rose will leave if he becomes so. Personally I think it'd be a good thing to get some solid rotation in at the fullback positions, especially with how much running they do under AVB's tactics. Fresher legs would mean when Walker does decide to shoot, it may be somewhat closer to the frame.

Brazil is off season in January though so maybe we'll be in for Pato or Damiao if we shift someone first

anyone thought of a massive bid for Shaw as a back up to Rose, selling Naughton to fund it and calling back Adam Smith as back up for RB?

I'd like Shaw but he really wouldn't be just back up he'd be proper competition and they'd rotate which would be great imo but he'll go for alot of dosh and there will be some big English clubs in for him too.

Damiao you say, who is he????:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lol seriously, just this young bloke I've heard abit about

honestly though I think now he's fell off abit and the hype has faded he could go for cheaper. I reckon he's just become disallusioned at not getting his big move yet and once he does go he'll be back to his best and refreshed

it is a miracle we got Sandro so easily off them tbh

Lol seriously, just this young bloke I've heard abit about

honestly though I think now he's fell off abit and the hype has faded he could go for cheaper. I reckon he's just become disallusioned at not getting his big move yet and once he does go he'll be back to his best and refreshed

it is a miracle we got Sandro so easily off them tbh
I have always liked Damiao, he has flair and style and with our increasing Brazilian contingent within the team he would be welcomed with open arms I reckon. ( without the Halloween masks):rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom