Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In reality we only really "need"

1) a left back of a certain quality
2) a striker, who can hold the ball, drop deep and be an alternative to JD and RS.

...assuming, that you trust our other players to improve steadily over the season.

The odd thing is, that if we could just re-integrate Ekotto and Adebayor, then we wouldn't even need to bloody buy anyone :townhmm:

Last edited:
Left back - Shaw or Coentrao (not Pereira please)
Striker - Diego Costa would be perfect in my opinion but let's be realistic... plus he's a bit of a cunt.
That in mind - Martínez or Dzeko, we would have to sell Adebayor realistically to afford Dzeko's wages.

Oh and maybe a new member of backroom staff who can teach Townsend how to pass or cross the ball. :soldadolol:

In reality we only really "need"

1) a left back of a certain quality
2) a striker, who can hold the ball, drop deep and be an alternative to JD and RS.

...assuming, that you trust our other players to improve steadily over the season.

The odd thing is, that if we could just re-integrate Ekotto and Adebayor, then we wouldn't even need to bloody buy anyone :townhmm:
I'd also like Adebayor to agree to a 50% pay cut.
:levyeyes:

For the LB position ... I want Periera.
3 main reasons:

1. AVB has worked with him, and wanted to sign him on more than one one occasion.

3. Pereira loves attacking and providing width. He also played as a LM and LWB.

2. We need a LB who would be sort of satisfied with being a bench/sub LB.
Periera is perfect for this. He's like 28 years old, and is used to being a bench warmer (with Inter). Plus, even though he here too would be a sub LB (when Rose is fit), Pereira will still get more games here than at Inter with the cups and possibly rotation.

As much as I would love having Shaw or Coentrao ... what would happen to Rose?
I highly doubt Shaw and Coentrao would want to be sub LBs.
Plus, I would hate not fulfilling Rose's potential, if he would become second choice. I really like the look of this lad. The loan system worked marvels for Rose. And I think AVB highly rates Rose.

As much as I would love having Shaw or Coentrao ... what would happen to Rose?
I highly doubt Shaw and Coentrao would want to be sub LBs.
Plus, I would hate not fulfilling Rose's potential, if he would become second choice. I really like the look of this lad. The loan system worked marvels for Rose. And I think AVB highly rates Rose.

Shaw rotates alot at Southampton already with Callum Chambers

don't think it would be a problem Rose and him sharing the spot

that being said they'd probably want a stupid amount of money for him

Shaw rotates alot at Southampton already with Callum Chambers

don't think it would be a problem Rose and him sharing the spot

that being said they'd probably want a stupid amount of money for him
Especially after they probably feel aggrieved about the money they got for Bale, just over a million, cos they took a keeper & reduced any monies due from a sell on fee. Any player we show an interest in will probably be at an inflated price.

Any good young argentine left backs or back up strikers?
Be good for Erik to have a pal
:ossie:

20 year old striker Mauro Icardi but I doubt Inter will be looking to sell him for a reasonable price seeing as they just bought him themselves, looks to have a bright future though.

Not sure about LB though Insua was once rated highly but I haven't seen him in ages. A quick google tells me Atletico just bought him in the summer so he must be doing well too.

I hate the January transfer window. The summer one is bad enough, being open after the season's started. Should all be done & dusted before a ball is kicked I reckon & abolish the Winter window.

Back
Top Bottom