Winter 2013/14 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

January window:
- a left back, hopefully Coentrao.
- 1 striker: Damiao or Hernandez.
Hopefully sell Adebayor.
Summer window:
- Sell Defoe and get another striker. Sell one of Siggy/Lennon/Townsend and get a world class left wing, and use Lamela on the other.
- Buy a goalkeeper to support Lloris. Get rid of Friedel and Gomes

January window:
- a left back, hopefully Coentrao.
- 1 striker: Damiao or Hernandez.
Hopefully sell Adebayor.
Summer window:
- Sell Defoe and get another striker. Sell one of Siggy/Lennon/Townsend and get a world class left wing, and use Lamela on the other.
- Buy a goalkeeper to support Lloris. Get rid of Friedel and Gomes
Pretty close, we just need to fine tune a few spots. Though if the chemistry is not well I expect a few (agents, that is) to look for an exit (namely JV, Lloris, Dembele).

All the forwards were linked with have something obviously wrong with them - Chicharito is somewhat unproven, Damiao has gone backwards since we were first linked with him (so says Andy Brassell), Benteke will prove an expensive gamble (and will probably be signed by the Goons this summer anyway), Pato alternates between being crocked and being shit.

For all our complaints, Adebayor is a good option that AVB needs to re-introduce. We can't afford those top tier signings who would fit perfectly, especially not strikers who are often more expensive than other positions.

Backup to Lloris is necessary (all the better if he's homegrown because, honestly speaking - how many sweeper keepers are there worldwide?) and a left back (on loan).

I do feel like the eradication of unpredictability has been a negative factor in the team (though maybe in four months the when we're gelling...) so BAE and Adebayor's return may be a welcome change...

Last edited:
Apparently...

Manchester City have no plans to offer Dzeko a new contract and will listen to bids for the striker,Goal can reveal.

Now, he is an example of a "better option out there" than Hernandez, imo.
Agree! For the right money, 12-15 mill, Dzeko (just needs to be loved!!!) all day long over Hernandez! We need an option. A foil for Soldado. Dzeko is a robust front man. For me, him and Soldado, will create opportunities for one another! Soldado, drawing defenders, creating space (particularly aerial) for Dzeko and likewise Dzeko disrupting the centre paring for Bobbie to exploit! Give him the 10 shirt and Adeboyer the elbow! Would City sell to us though?

COYS!!

Agree! For the right money, 12-15 mill, Dzeko (just needs to be loved!!!) all day long over Hernandez! We need an option. A foil for Soldado. Dzeko is a robust front man. For me, him and Soldado, will create opportunities for one another! Soldado, drawing defenders, creating space (particularly aerial) for Dzeko and likewise Dzeko disrupting the centre paring for Bobbie to exploit! Give him the 10 shirt and Adeboyer the elbow! Would City sell to us though?

COYS!!
The only other top PL club that needs a striker is Arse-anal.
Giroud looks wasted, and I'm sure as heck that they are gonna be looking for a striker to buy in January.

If Dzeko is indeed for sale, they will try to get him (or ...Hernandez, Benteke, or as rumors say Benzema)
But, if City are smart, they won't sell to them as they both are fighting for the title as of now.

Would love to have him here, but at the end of the day ... money talks.

However, I think I read somewhere that Dzeko said he wouldn't mind going back to Germany.
He should stay England. I think he still is perfect for the PL ... (like you said, he just needs some love).

COYS!!
Can't see AVB ever using a 4-4-2 from the start, loves his 4-2-3-1 too much.

Will only see 2 up top when we are chasing games.

Didn't they already preemptively replace him with Aubameyang?
his not the same sort of striker though, not sure aubameyang could play in the lone striker role...dont quote me but i think they may have been playing him out wide this season. dzeko is much more a like for like

January:

+ LB
+ Jackson Martinez
- Adebayor

Sorted.
Is jackson martinez someone you want or someone you think we can realistically get?
I think his a top player but porto dont look keen on selling him anytime soon and a notoriously cunty when they do sell, charging ridicolous prices... has to be damiao or hernandez for me...rather damiao if i had to choose as soldado is too similer to hernandez

True - seeing that Lewanodswki is pretty much nailed to leave as well
problem for dortmund is they wont be getting any $$$ for him...city would want 15-20 million plus dzeko's wage would be ridicoulous...but yeh i think he would be a good buy for them if they had they have the will do get it done plus the $$$

The only other top PL club that needs a striker is Arse-anal.
Giroud looks wasted, and I'm sure as heck that they are gonna be looking for a striker to buy in January.

If Dzeko is indeed for sale, they will try to get him (or ...Hernandez, Benteke, or as rumors say Benzema)
But, if City are smart, they won't sell to them as they both are fighting for the title as of now.

Would love to have him here, but at the end of the day ... money talks.

However, I think I read somewhere that Dzeko said he wouldn't mind going back to Germany.
He should stay England. I think he still is perfect for the PL ... (like you said, he just needs some love).
Agree! We need another option and for me (guess-timating price 12-15 mill?) I,d be happy if it was Dzeko!

Is jackson martinez someone you want or someone you think we can realistically get?
I think his a top player but porto dont look keen on selling him anytime soon and a notoriously cunty when they do sell, charging ridicolous prices... has to be damiao or hernandez for me...rather damiao if i had to choose as soldado is too similer to hernandez

I do not want Hernandez. He doesn't offer anything that we cannot get from Soldado or Defoe. We need a tank up top so we have options on how to approach games. Adebayor could be the man, but looking less and less likely as the season goes on.

A lot of people are saying Damiao is getting shitter each week? Don't know anything about him myself, but doesn't seem promising.

I do not want Hernandez. He doesn't offer anything that we cannot get from Soldado or Defoe. We need a tank up top so we have options on how to approach games. Adebayor could be the man, but looking less and less likely as the season goes on.

A lot of people are saying Damiao is getting shitter each week? Don't know anything about him myself, but doesn't seem promising.
Me personally I don't watch any Brazilian football, maybe highlights and youtube clips buts that's it... I have read Damiao isn't playing as well as he was... Not sure if it's bcoz he doesn't have the same players around him (his team sold 2-3 of their big names in the summer) or his just playing shit... Personally I still want him, just bcoz his not scoring goals does not nessesarily mean his shit or not talented... It's a good chance to get him for cheaper...of course it's a risk but tbh no one really else to buy, except to go back in for benteke...
Hernandez I don't think is a good option for spurs ether I did c we r linked with an Icelandic striker by ur scummy press but not sure of the truth of that though on youtube he does look good

Back
Top Bottom