Women euro championship 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Congratulations to the girls. First class job and deserved winners.

As good as this is, I don't buy into the reaction of 'football has finally come home' or ' 56 years of hurt has ended' It's totally different and they are winners in their own right. I don't feel 56 yrs of hurt is over at all. That will only end when England first team win a tournament.
It's the same as saying the u18's winning a tournament would mean 56 yrs of hurt is over.
Different teams and different tournaments.
If Spurs ladies won the FA cup we couldn’t say our trophy drought is over.

Well done to the girls you should be proud of your achievement.

Last edited:
I think it’s only hitting home to me now.

Bar seeing Spurs win the Carling Cup in 2008, tonight is the 2nd time I’ve seen a team I support win a trophy 🤯

I honestly thought I’d never see a team win a trophy again 😂

Audi Cup?

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

Perfect thanks, and the lavender plant is in the compost bin :)

I enjoyed the celebrations but can't say the football was much to write home about.
Few finals are Mrs P.

The stage was set when the Germans decided that kicking English players was preferable to kicking the ball, and the ref was too poor to really change that. Had she taken a hardline in the first place we might have seen more of a Footballing spectacle.

Having said that, the first 2 goals were very good from a Footballing perspective. The vision for the pass to Toone, and the wonderful chipped finish were worthy of the final, as was the German equaliser. After that, it was about who would crack first.

Regardless, I think that we have been treated to some highly technical and entertaining Football from many of the teams in the competition, especially our own girls, they were brilliant throughout the tournament and thoroughly deserve their accolades.

One thing is for sure, what I've seen from them over the past few months has made me want to watch Women's Football far more than I did previously, and I believe this is true for quite a few men who previously viewed the Women's game as pretty meh.

Few finals are Mrs P.

The stage was set when the Germans decided that kicking English players was preferable to kicking the ball, and the ref was too poor to really change that. Had she taken a hardline in the first place we might have seen more of a Footballing spectacle.

Having said that, the first 2 goals were very good from a Footballing perspective. The vision for the pass to Toone, and the wonderful chipped finish were worthy of the final, as was the German equaliser. After that, it was about who would crack first.

Regardless, I think that we have been treated to some highly technical and entertaining Football from many of the teams in the competition, especially our own girls, they were brilliant throughout the tournament and thoroughly deserve their accolades.

One thing is for sure, what I've seen from them over the past few months has made me want to watch Women's Football far more than I did previously, and I believe this is true for quite a few men who previously viewed the Women's game as pretty meh.

Spot on. People talking about the quality in the final are being extremely harsh. The Euros final was also crap quality wise. These kind of affairs are almost always nervy & more of a battle than a technical contest.

Similar story with the last 3 or 4 champions league finals. Last World Cup final too, edgy battle until one moment from Gotze. I've seen loads of wonderful quality all tournament & even tonight the little chip to open the scoring for England was excellent. It's been thoroughly enjoyable.

Just got back from the game, was very lucky and blagged four hospitality tickets. Took the wife and two young daughters. The atmosphere in and outside the ground was excellent, good spirits but not too loud, intense and scary for young kids, a real family atmosphere. We all loved it and hung around for an hour after the game singing.

you could see that we were technically very good and very well coached with excellent discipline. Once in a lifetime for my girls. Glad we were all there together to witness it,

Few finals are Mrs P.

wow - we must have watched different games

I thought the football was poor, they could barely string passes together, and it was a petulant and spiteful game.

Agree about the two goals, both well taken, the Germans played football for theirs and our first was a Wimbledon special.

They are Englands representatives so I watched and supported them, but the quality was low in footballing terms and their fitness levels exposed their shortfalls even more.

But - Rome wasn't built in a day, and the women's game is playing catch up in all respects with the men's, so hopefully this will boost interest at the grass roots and investment in the development side of the top players.

Back
Top Bottom