Women euro championship 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just got back from the game, was very lucky and blagged four hospitality tickets. Took the wife and two young daughters. The atmosphere in and outside the ground was excellent, good spirits but not too loud, intense and scary for young kids, a real family atmosphere. We all loved it and hung around for an hour after the game singing.

you could see that we were technically very good and very well coached with excellent discipline. Once in a lifetime for my girls. Glad we were all there together to witness it,

Congratulations to the girls. First class job and deserved winners.

As good as this is, I don't buy into the reaction of 'football has finally come home' or ' 56 years of hurt has ended' It's totally different and they are winners in their own right. I don't feel 56 yrs of hurt is over at all. That will only end when England first team win a tournament.
It's the same as saying the u18's winning a tournament would mean 56 yrs of hurt is over.
Different teams and different tournaments.
If Spurs ladies won the FA cup we couldn’t say our trophy drought is over.

Well done to the girls you should be proud of your achievement.

Last edited:
wow - we must have watched different games

I thought the football was poor, they could barely string passes together, and it was a petulant and spiteful game.

Agree about the two goals, both well taken, the Germans played football for theirs and our first was a Wimbledon special.

They are Englands representatives so I watched and supported them, but the quality was low in footballing terms and their fitness levels exposed their shortfalls even more.

But - Rome wasn't built in a day, and the women's game is playing catch up in all respects with the men's, so hopefully this will boost interest at the grass roots and investment in the development side of the top players.
'Wimbledon Special' for our first goal?

No, sorry Mick, you watched a different game to the rest of us. It was a superb through ball and a world class lob of the keeper.

Loved it.
Loved Leah Williamson's words in the post match interview.
Loved Chloe Kelly,first thinking about it,then taking her top off in celebration for her goal,an scoring the winner. No sexism here,she did exactly what every other footballer does in a major final. Well done that lady. Take joy your achievements.

Sing Dia De La Mujer GIF by Pitch Perfect
You won't be so smug when Lizz Truss is running the country!

Confused Wait What GIF by GIPHY News

Back
Top Bottom