Women euro championship 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You have to be the most obstinate and blinkered poster on here, you simply cannot accept you are wrong and double down on every spurious uttering.

You think because a defence splitting pass was made by a defender it qualifies as route 1? Laughable.

Give your head a wobble.

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Mick Cooper rule-book (excepts of course; there's loads more):

Don't police the forum.
Don't insult posters.
Don't act like you are an authority on the game if you haven't played/managed at the very highest level.

Also Mick Cooper:

Polices the forum
Insults posters
Acts like he's an authority on the game, even though he's never played/managed at the very highest level.

🤡

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Truth Be Told Reaction GIF by Ryn Dean

I fucking hate England national team and I was applauding their first goal. Amazing through ball and great finish. Of course the defence wasn’t perfect but that’s 99% of goals.

I wish Popp had been playing… she is clinical… scored in every game… twice in the semifinal…. With half chances out of nowhere… the only elite finisher in the tournament imo (with no Putellas or Katoto).

But she wasn’t and England might have won anyway and besides… you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Well done England. Top side. World Cup next year will be TASTY.

I fucking hate England national team and I was applauding their first goal. Amazing through ball and great finish. Of course the defence wasn’t perfect but that’s 99% of goals.

I wish Popp had been playing… she is clinical… scored in every game… twice in the semifinal…. With half chances out of nowhere… the only elite finisher in the tournament imo (with no Putellas or Katoto).

But she wasn’t and England might have won anyway and besides… you can only beat what’s in front of you.

Well done England. Top side. World Cup next year will be TASTY.
Great post

It was a shame for the game though that Popp didn’t get to play.

Not so much a shame for England, mind!

Here you go, for the cranially challenged - here's a little animation demonstrating the policy

Bloody hell...some people clearly have no idea what "Route One" football is - and I'm guessing that applies to both yourself and whatever clown posted that YT video.

Route one football - a beginners guide below:

1. Long kick from deep within your own half launched deep into the opponents half - often by the keeper.
2. Big lump ('target man') up front flicks it on, generally with a header, to a teammate - or scores himself without anyone else touching it
3. Assuming big lump has flicked it on, teammate scores.

Lesson over.

:gallashmm:

Im not reading that given the crappy headline.

However it is interesting to consider why there’s so little racial diversity in the womens game (im a England and in the US) when the mens teams have a lot of diversity.

The french NTs have always been incredibly diverse by race and region.
The article is from 18th July and the guardian has been posting loads of good news stories on the tournament.

They seem to think that the training grounds for women's football have moved outside the inner city to the suburbs making access a bit more difficult for those in the city centres and as there is not as many grassroot players (nor money in the game until recently) to fill the gap.

Bloody hell...some people clearly have no idea what "Route One" football is - and I'm guessing that applies to both yourself and whatever clown posted that YT video.

Route one football - a beginners guide below:

1. Long kick from deep within your own half launched deep into the opponents half - often by the keeper.
2. Big lump ('target man') up front flicks it on, generally with a header, to a teammate - or scores himself without anyone else touching it
3. Assuming big lump has flicked it on, teammate scores.

Lesson over.

:gallashmm:
Really, it's that niche?
To me route one by definition was a defender (GK or back line) knocking the ball over the top to a forward, bypassing their midfielders .
I haven't heard it being so proscriptive to exclude all options apart from the one you have decided is all that it means.

And before other people pile on, I thought it was a defender that made the pass, hence my comment - and have already admitted that it turns out to be a mf'er who made the pass, which means it doesn't fit my understanding of what route 1 means.

But there you go, everyone wants to get the pitchforks out!

And goat the resident arbiter of all that's good and proper, has declared that it's ok to card me for having an opinion and being prepared to explain it, completely missing the bit where I pointed out the flaw in my own argument.

But don't let mature discussion get in the way of a good witch hunt.

1. I don't THINK it was a great game of football - it WAS a great game of football.

2. It's a sport in its own right and doesn't need 'parity and acceptance' with the men's game. But it sure looks to me like it is massively growing in popularity.

3. Whats needed now is investment in the grassroots girls/womens game - young girls now have a whole generation of heroines they can idolise and look to follow. Opportunities for that to be able to happen must now be made possible.
So, pretty much all the points I made
Apart from the bit where you said it was a great game of football.

A great game for the result, and probably a great game in women's football. I don't watch enough of it to know.

If Spurs had put in a performance of the same level, this site would have gone into meltdown.

It's called an opinion.

The article is from 18th July and the guardian has been posting loads of good news stories on the tournament.

They seem to think that the training grounds for women's football have moved outside the inner city to the suburbs making access a bit more difficult for those in the city centres and as there is not as many grassroot players (nor money in the game until recently) to fill the gap.
Interesting. Are the girls training in a less accessible place than the boys? The mens game IS diverse and from memory boys’ academies and development centres in London are zones 3-6. It doesn’t seem to stop them.

I can see the effect of less money and fewer players. Basically there are fewer opportunities to play girls’ soccer and so you need social capital and parents with time, money and resources to make it practical. That being said I don’t see a significant different between England and France and yet France’s team is the model of diversity. Different cultures around sport I guess.

Time to invest in grassroots football for girls in England. Perfect time.

Well done to the Lionesses.
Throughout the tournament they showed EVERYTHING you'd want to see in your team. They thoroughly deserved their victory, especially for the way they handled the pressure and didn't allow a bunch of dirty Germans and a piss poor referee to get under their skin.

It's HOME!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom