Women euro championship 2022

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

How Dare You Wtf GIF by Sky

I Love You Anniversary GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

Edit: You’re not worth it. Bin vote cast for taking this good thread off topic and blocked.

Much like you tried to tell me I don’t get to tell you what to post, the same applies to you.

You also don’t get to speak on anyones behalf, particularly as nobody here likes you.
I didn't tell you what to post, I just pointed out that you spend a lot of time making posts about your onanism, and boasting about how you pay women to beat you up - oblivious to how flesh crawlingly tedious it is.

How strange that you tell me that I don't get to speak on anyone elses behalf - and you then immediately speak on behalf of every poster on the forum.

Didn't really think that through, did you?

Mick Cooper rule-book (excerpts of course; there's loads more):

Don't police the forum.
Don't insult posters.
Don't act like you are an authority on the game if you haven't played/managed at the very highest level.

Also Mick Cooper:

Polices the forum
Insults posters
Acts like he's an authority on the game, even though he's never played/managed at the very highest level.

🤡
Goat - card him, this has nothing to do with the game

Didn't really think that through, did you?

I will admit to not being one of life’s greatest thinkers.

I’ve read back my post and whilst I do think you have a slightly unneccesary negative attitude to woman’s football, and do find you to be a little antagonistic at times (perhaps that’s just my reading) and I stand by my own personal one, there was no need to go off at you like I did.

I apologise.

But I will never not talk about wrestling fit women so there

Im not reading that given the crappy headline.

However it is interesting to consider why there’s so little racial diversity in the womens game (im a England and in the US) when the mens teams have a lot of diversity.

The french NTs have always been incredibly diverse by race and region.

It could have been a great window of opportunity to discuss the rights of minority women, but hey, let the guardian blaim racism instead :(

Interesting. Are the girls training in a less accessible place than the boys? The mens game IS diverse and from memory boys’ academies and development centres in London are zones 3-6. It doesn’t seem to stop them.

Not much of a stretch of the imagination to assume that boys/mens teams already have the bulk of the facilities monopolised.....

Perhaps the solution is as simple as legislating that the women's game get an equal access, but it's also a fair bet that any men's team that loses their long term Wednesday night training session in the name gender equality will be up in arms.

Winning a glamorous big summer tournament when no other football is on is one thing, proof will be when the WSL starts and will these new fans attend their matches?

I was happy they won yesterday but I'm far more interested in how Spurs do in a run of the mill league fixture against Southampton this coming Saturday.

Who knows? Maybe in ten or twenty years time women's football will be bigger in this country than men's.

Interesting. Are the girls training in a less accessible place than the boys? The mens game IS diverse and from memory boys’ academies and development centres in London are zones 3-6. It doesn’t seem to stop them.

I can see the effect of less money and fewer players. Basically there are fewer opportunities to play girls’ soccer and so you need social capital and parents with time, money and resources to make it practical. That being said I don’t see a significant different between England and France and yet France’s team is the model of diversity. Different cultures around sport I guess.

Time to invest in grassroots football for girls in England. Perfect time.
No but socially loads of boys play football regardless of those facilities. The money in the game also acts as a magnet as well as the social thing.

There's 10s of thousands of clubs playing Saturday and Sunday football all over the country, that's not the case in the woman's game.

Winning a glamorous big summer tournament when no other football is on is one thing, proof will be when the WSL starts and will these new fans attend their matches?

I was happy they won yesterday but I'm far more interested in how Spurs do in a run of the mill league fixture against Southampton this coming Saturday.

Who knows? Maybe in ten or twenty years time women's football will be bigger in this country than men's.

Considering if the WC wasn't in Qatar, the women's Euros could have been sharing a summer with a men's world cup. This summer was a opportunity of unique circumstance...... The girls grabbed it with both hands.

WSL has a comparatively low profile compared to the women's international game, so still lots of work to be done domestically in terms of marketing and match-day attendance, but the players are more than doing their part.

As for the women's Euros vs Spurs curtain raiser - There's no need for comparison.... It stands to reason that your imagination will be more captured by that which you've spent most of your life 'tribally' supporting.... That's not to say peoples interest in the women's game won't continue to grow and once one ducks the fevered end of the current hype (like one would do in many a situation), that's all one can hope for really.

Back
Top Bottom