Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone sent me this (i didn't go to that site on my own for the record) and it actually is a very good preview from..their perspective.

decent preview. But I couldn't help but notice he said "the draw tends to work for security reasons" which is quite possibly the gayest thing I've ever read. I'd rather win and take a beating from 30 blokes after the game than get a draw and "be safe".

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Spurs v Woolwich

The north London derby was a pivotal clash in the battle to be top dog between Tottenham and Woolwich last season, when the Gunners came back from 2-0 down to win 5-2 at Emirates Stadium in February.
It is the same again this season and, although this time the game is at White Hart Lane and Spurs are on a fantastic run, I am going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons because again I am backing Woolwich to come out on top.

The Gunners have had a couple of poor results in the FA Cup and Champions League but in fairness they have had some good results in the league and have won four and drawn one of their last five games.

Arsene Wenger's side are in fifth and you look above them and they are only two points behind a Chelsea side who have got problems of their own, and four points behind Spurs. Obviously that gap will be reduced if Woolwich win on Sunday.

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Woolwich

According to Lawro QPR would be 6th in the Premier Lge Table on 47 points with Tottenham Hotspur 7th on 45.

I really think he's just taking the piss now!

Mark Lawrenson's Premier League Predictions 2012-13

I'll be very happy if Defoe starts on the bench for this game. Just because he has been "training" since Monday doesn't mean he is prepared to start a game. He is coming back from injury, not back from vacation. Always nervous when playing these cunts. This is all they have left to play for this season in my opinon. They will definitely show up despite their defense being shit and in shambles at the moment.

Am I the only one surprised this is a 4pm kick off? Granted, football isn't quite what it was in the 70's but a late Sunday kick off is always going to be a glutton for punishment - I wouldn't be too surprised to see a bit of afters going on.

Am I the only one surprised this is a 4pm kick off? Granted, football isn't quite what it was in the 70's but a late Sunday kick off is always going to be a glutton for punishment - I wouldn't be too surprised to see a bit of afters going on.

I thought the same about last years FA Cup Semi kicking off at 6pm but it seemed to pass off fairly trouble free. I can imagine a few of our boys hanging about the Park Lane end after the game but I haven't really seen any major trouble at the Lane since that League Cup game against West Ham in 2003.

Definitely want to see JD start this one, as I say he's been training since Monday, I can't see why he won't be fit enough. Indeed he should be fresh and ready for the fray.

I'd prefer Dempsey to either JD or Ade, but he's definitely out.

Definitely want to see JD start this one, as I say he's been training since Monday, I can't see why he won't be fit enough. Indeed he should be fresh and ready for the fray.
You can't see why he won't be fit? He's had a ligament injury to his ankle, one of the most exposed places on the body (so much weight and usage), that takes more than a week to be sure it's healed up and actually ready to take on a full speed match which includes tackles and nibbles at said ankle...

Back
Top Bottom