Woolwich (H) - The Gallas Derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

decent preview. But I couldn't help but notice he said "the draw tends to work for security reasons" which is quite possibly the gayest thing I've ever read. I'd rather win and take a beating from 30 blokes after the game than get a draw and "be safe".
Well you're a braver man than me, I'd take the draw any day. There are plenty of Derby games, you only get the one life and the one body.

The smart thing of course is to see the win and avoid the beating.:thumbup:

Managed it for over 30 years during my 'awaydays'.

I remember standing on the Clock End in about 1969 when we beat them 3-2, happy days. You always had a chance of getting stabbed by 'enemy raiders'. I remember reading in Hod's book it happened to one of his friends around that era.

Mark Lawrenson's Prediction for Spurs v Woolwich

The north London derby was a pivotal clash in the battle to be top dog between Tottenham and Woolwich last season, when the Gunners came back from 2-0 down to win 5-2 at Emirates Stadium in February.
It is the same again this season and, although this time the game is at White Hart Lane and Spurs are on a fantastic run, I am going to throw the cat amongst the pigeons because again I am backing Woolwich to come out on top.

The Gunners have had a couple of poor results in the FA Cup and Champions League

Lawro's prediction: Tottenham Hotspur 1-2 Woolwich

#LawroLogic

:avbfacepalm:

The more I think about this game the more I worry a midfield trio of Cazorla, Wilshire and Arteta are going to run rings around Dembele and Parker.

Last season at the Emeriates they were hammering us even though we took a 2 goal lead. Again this season, (fair enough the red changed it) we were ahead but still, I think over the course of 90mins they will just wear us down with possession football.

I'm just hoping Bale has another stormer and Lennon picks his game up and gets involved more - he's been poor lately imo.

Obviously we need a big performace from Ade too.

Taking the mrs shopping tonight. Taking my sons to the zoo then out for ice cream tomorrow. Doing everything in my power to keep the good Juju flowing (and lessen the likelihood of a Sunday night divorce). Can't wait for this weekend to be over. Stomach in knots.

Well you're a braver man than me, I'd take the draw any day. There are plenty of Derby games, you only get the one life and the one body.

The smart thing of course is to see the win and avoid the beating.:thumbup:

Managed it for over 30 years during my 'awaydays'.

I remember standing on the Clock End in about 1969 when we beat them 3-2, happy days. You always had a chance of getting stabbed by 'enemy raiders'. I remember reading in Hod's book it happened to one of his friends around that era.
I'd still be shitting myself haha but at the end of it I'd know we won so it'd be fine

Well...
UgSBg31.jpg

I feel like I just saw this picture like a minute ago somewhere else…

It doesn't seem like it tells us much more than we already know, especially since it's not a zero-sum game. If we beat Woolwich, they'll be in a tough position of chasing us and Chelsea from a position of greater weakeness. If we draw, things stand as they are, with them still chasing Chelsea, but catching us, given their run-in, is a bit nicer proposition. If we lose, we're one point ahead of them, they've got an easier run-in, etc. But even then, we'd still be better than a 2-1 shot, suggesting that the wild card in a three-team race of two positions is always going to be the third team…

Unless this is meant to unrustle our jimmies, showing that even a loss ain't the end of the world where CL is concerned. In that case, my jimmies are unrustled.

The more I think about this game the more I worry a midfield trio of Cazorla, Wilshire and Arteta are going to run rings around Dembele and Parker.

Last season at the Emeriates they were hammering us even though we took a 2 goal lead. Again this season, (fair enough the red changed it) we were ahead but still, I think over the course of 90mins they will just wear us down with possession football.

I'm just hoping Bale has another stormer and Lennon picks his game up and gets involved more - he's been poor lately imo.

Obviously we need a big performace from Ade too.
If we play Siggy Parker Dembele I'm happy about that

As long as we don't play Ade we should be ok

Back
Top Bottom