Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

CL Final - we lost to a 98 point LFC team - not bottled

Semi - Final 17/18 is the most accurate one - was ahead in the game. Man Utd who had the most expensive team of all time finished ahead of us in the league.

League race 16/17. Chelsea got 93 points with no European demands. We scored 86 which is still a points record for us and finished strongly winning 12 out of the last 13. Never in the league lead at any any point . Not bottled.

Semi-Final 16/17. Lost a classic. Chelsea had more firepower off the bench.

League Race - 15/16. Never led the league, We started too slow that season and were never within 5 points. Closest was the NLD home game.

League Cup final 14/15 - Chelsea had a clear talent advantage and so it proved.

----------------------------

Of course it's all terribly unimpressive when compared to losing to Leipzig, Everton, Norwich and having us in our worst league position in 12 years.
What bollocks is this 😆
Your justifying the bottling?

So basically your saying that, before Mourinho every loss was because the teams that won were better than us right?
So with your logic we shouldn't win anything ever because our team isnt good enough!

That what the list was for? And with Mourinho he has bottled against Everton,norwich and Leipzig terrible teams apparently..

Ok lets start with norwich game..
The lineup

Vorm
Aurier sanchez dier vertonghen
Skip winks
Lucas lo celso steve b
Dele

Kane, son and loris out injured, this fa cup game was sandwiched in inbetween that other game you mentioned leipzip wasn't it?

Vertonghen is the left back, skip starts all because we are 1 nil down in the first leg against Leipzig we have no recognised striker as dele is up front.

Went 1 nil up and then due to most of these players playing 11-12 games in a row (winks) spurs eventually lose on penalties.

With the game already behind in Leipzig and best players injured a tired spurs try to get back into the 2nd leg but get beaten 2 nil..
This was the last 2 legged champions league game that season before the pandemic! Wow yeh a pandemic that would make a good excuse wouldnt it...
Leipzig were so bad a team tho that they got to the semi finals.

Now everton, the game that universally everyone on here said was a great game spurs were the better team, apart from that dreaded back line that must be so much better than the teams listed on your post right?

So stop with your bollocks you sound like an idiot...
Talk with facts not biased crap because you hate the manager.

Why do you want to know what I think?

About anything!

You’ve been exposed as the wankstain that you are!

We’re all whiny cunts Joe
Remember?

Why are you still here?
What’s a wankstain? Never heard that one. Always with the name calling Baz. I was commenting on Mourinho.

I comment on Mourinho, you call me names. What’s gives Baz? Almost like you’ve got two agendas.

Last edited:
To pickle your onions you chav sympathiser.
Wow. I had no idea that was you, brother.
I'm sorry. I'm a complete fucking idiot.
Holy shit I've missed you...

John Krasinski Hug GIF by The Office

What’s a wankstain? Never heard that one. Always with the name calling Baz. I was commenting on Mourinho.

I comment on Mourinho, you call me names. What’s gives Baz? Almost like you’ve got two agendas.

Seriously?

That was a phrase as common as any through my childhood in the 90s and I still hear it used fairly regularly today.

well, their game, away to Olympiakos was much more fatiguing. So are you going to answer my question, are they so much better than us that they can out run, out press and out play us for most of that game?
How do you know that it was more fatiguing?

Ridiculous statement unless you’re a doctor and have examined their players

to answer your question
Yes they were on the day

If you’re after a cunt off go elsewhere
Can’t be bothered

“Always with the name calling “?

lol 😝

This from the guy that called the whole Forum ‘Whiny cunts’!!!

Now complaining about name calling

That’s really rich Joe
Even for you!

How do you know that it was more fatiguing?

Ridiculous statement unless you’re a doctor and have examined their players

to answer your question
Yes they were on the day

If you’re after a cunt off go elsewhere
Can’t be bothered

I'm not after a cunt off, I'm after having a civil discussion.

Why should this Woolwich team, sitting below us in the table, be capable of comprehensively outperforming. We aren't talking edging a tight game, they were better than us in every way, they ran harder, pressed better, had all the ball?

I initially replied to your statement that "we weren't good enough".

I'm asking why that would be, because it's not like this Woolwich team are great or even very good. Are you saying they have better players ? Seems unlikely. if not, are they better coached ?

You are saying, I think, it's not Mourinho's fault, but how is it Arteta - a novice who's team aren't that good, missing their best player, having been to Greece in midweek, can get his players to run more and make us look like a championship team?

well, their game, away to Olympiakos was much more fatiguing. So are you going to answer my question, are they so much better than us that they can out run, out press and out play us for most of that game?
If the players fail to show up, then even a non-league team can beat a top side, and before you blame it on Mourinho, failure to show up in games preceded his tenure.

Before you blame it all on the players, they have all shown they can show up on other occasions.

The failure to run is a basic one.
On other occasions, but not on every occasion.

The players failed to show up against a crap Woolwich. Part of the blame is on Mourinho as it is part of his job to get the players in the right frame of mind for games, but the bigger blame is on the players who are paid to do a job and failed to put in the effort needed.

The club also needs to change the culture that allows such failures without consequences. We should be selling players, who have a habit of failing to show up when needed. Talent should not be coddled at the expense of effort, and players that lack both less so.

If we want to win things, then we need to make changes.

I'm not after a cunt off, I'm after having a civil discussion.

Why should this Woolwich team, sitting below us in the table, be capable of comprehensively outperforming. We aren't talking edging a tight game, they were better than us in every way, they ran harder, pressed better, had all the ball?

I initially replied to your statement that "we weren't good enough".

I'm asking why that would be, because it's not like this Woolwich team are great or even very good. Are you saying they have better players ? Seems unlikely. if not, are they better coached ?

You are saying, I think, it's not Mourinho's fault, but how is it Arteta - a novice who's team aren't that good, missing their best player, having been to Greece in midweek, can get his players to run more and make us look like a championship team?
No idea but they were the better team for 70 minutes

You're clearly having a go at Mourinho which is what you and several others have done since he arrived and I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of you wanted us to lose a NLD to suit your agenda

I suppose you think that he told us to sit back and he instructed Bale, N’Dombele, Doherty, PEH to play like cunts

No idea but they were the better team for 70 minutes

You're clearly having a go at Mourinho which is what you and several others have done since he arrived and I wouldn’t be surprised if a few of you wanted us to lose a NLD to suit your agenda

I suppose you think that he told us to sit back and he instructed Bale, N’Dombele, Doherty, PEH to play like cunts

To be fair to me, what I said at the get go was he would not have been my choice, but I'm intrigued to see what he can do. I praised some of the early tactical changes he made, I absolutely was on board with Pochettino going and I'm not yearning for him either.

I don't know what he's instructing, but either he's not getting the message across or he's not instructing it. Either way, whatever he's doing isn't yielding either performances or results of acceptable levels and it's been the same for months.

If it's the players constantly, then either after 18 months he should have worked it out with them or stopped picking them.

Seems a bit of a coincidence that the same performance/result issues got him fired from his last two jobs. That Utd team are now 2nd.

Are you even prepared to entertain Mourinho could at least be part of the problem if not the only one (which he isn't).

Back
Top Bottom