Woolwich Scum away Sunday 14 March 4.30pm

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If an attacking player is not good enough to pin back his fullback/defender, then he needs to track back to help his team defend. This is standard for every successful team.

You should not leave your full back alone to deal with two attackers. That is a recipe for failure
Not about not being good enough , from minute one they did not try . It was clearly not the game plan , or flagrant disregard of the game plan . Our front players don’t strike me as revolutionary, so I’m going with the former not the latter

If an attacking player is not good enough to pin back his fullback/defender, then he needs to track back to help his team defend. This is standard for every successful team.

You should not leave your full back alone to deal with two attackers. That is a recipe for failure
I’m glad someone else sees it but then you haven’t got an anti Jose agenda like some

Not about not being good enough , from minute one they did not try . It was clearly not the game plan , or flagrant disregard of the game plan . Our front players don’t strike me as revolutionary, so I’m going with the former not the latter
It’s all about being good enough

We weren’t

I’m glad someone else sees it but then you haven’t got an anti Jose agenda like some
What’s the anti Jose agenda cause I’m not following. We’ve lost in a game where we’ve had like what, 2 or 3 shots on target. This has nothing to do with Doherty being skinned by Tierney almost everytime nor anti Jose agenda. It’s what happened in a game where we looked relegation fodder.

Oh wow, a tactical analysis from an anonymous sports scientist on YT, Instagram, Twitter and Patreon....we best sack Jose now.
Disagree because I really dislike this credentialism. In the real world, a lot of people who are superficially "qualified" to talk about certain things really know very little about those things (indeed, the longer I'm a scientist, the more I distrust scientific literature). And conversely, a lack of formal qualifications doesn't make someone wrong. If we all adhered to your way of looking at this, nobody on here would ever be able to say anything about football: the players/managers/coaches always know better, which makes our opinions worthless.

But to be fair, I did watch that video and less than a minute in, he's already using the phrase "deserved to win" in relation to xG. Fucking yikes. I cringed and immediately stopped watching. That doesn't mean he knows nothing about football, but he doesn't know anything about statistics. Which is fine in and of itself, until you start misusing stats without caring about your ignorance. Oof.

Just answer the simple question
CL Final - we lost to a 98 point LFC team - not bottled

Semi - Final 17/18 is the most accurate one - was ahead in the game. Man Utd who had the most expensive team of all time finished ahead of us in the league.

League race 16/17. Chelsea got 93 points with no European demands. We scored 86 which is still a points record for us and finished strongly winning 12 out of the last 13. Never in the league lead at any any point . Not bottled.

Semi-Final 16/17. Lost a classic. Chelsea had more firepower off the bench.

League Race - 15/16. Never led the league, We started too slow that season and were never within 5 points. Closest was the NLD home game.

League Cup final 14/15 - Chelsea had a clear talent advantage and so it proved.

----------------------------

Of course it's all terribly unimpressive when compared to losing to Leipzig, Everton, Norwich and having us in our worst league position in 12 years.

CL Final - we lost to a 98 point LFC team - not bottled

Semi - Final 17/18 is the most accurate one - was ahead in the game. Man Utd who had the most expensive team of all time finished ahead of us in the league.

League race 16/17. Chelsea got 93 points with no European demands. We scored 86 which is still a points record for us and finished strongly winning 12 out of the last 13. Never in the league lead at any any point . Not bottled.

Semi-Final 16/17. Lost a classic. Chelsea had more firepower off the bench.

League Race - 15/16. Never led the league, We started too slow that season and were never within 5 points. Closest was the NLD home game.

League Cup final 14/15 - Chelsea had a clear talent advantage and so it proved.

----------------------------

Of course it's all terribly unimpressive when compared to losing to Leipzig, Everton, Norwich and having us in our worst league position in 12 years.
Most impressive is losing to Colchester but I digress.

When we were doing well earlier in the season and people were talking about title contention and liverpool game, we underperformed against Palace and went on a poor run.Recently we seem to have rediscovered our form and talks of top 4 were back, we underperform against Dinamo and fail to show up against Woolwich.

But this is not new

Harry Kane: Tottenham need to step up when the pressure is on
There was more evidence of that last week as, when they were in a position to put themselves firmly in the title mix, they lost back-to-back games against Burnley and Chelsea.

“The thing for us now, kind of like this week, when the pressure is on and we need to step up, we need to find a way to get it done,” the England captain said. We haven’t done that in recent years, we haven’t done that this week and that will be the difference. That is the turning point that we need to try and achieve.”

Pochettino said last week that mentality of failing in big games could mean it is another five years before Spurs are putting serious silverware in their trophy cabinet.

Kane hopes it will not take that long, but also accepts his side have some catching up to do.

But feel free to blame everything on Mourinho

Why have you got a pro Mourinho agenda? What has he done for us?
Why do you want to know what I think?

About anything!

You’ve been exposed as the wankstain that you are!

We’re all whiny cunts Joe
Remember?

Why are you still here?

Back
Top Bottom