Woolwich v Tottenham Hotspur - September 1st 2019 16-30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nothing less than entertaining.

We're not near our best but still come away with 4 goals and 2 draws from the Top 6 away games. I'll take that.

Kane has no pace in counter attacking. Mora should have been on in the last 15. He would have scared their defence shitless.

Onwards and upwards.

That was daylight fucking robbery - but we should have had a second pen. We robbed them blind to get a point today and they will be broken-hearted by it. We need to improve but when our lads are all fit we can

What? Kane hit the post at 2-1, Son and Sissoko had some big chances, potential penalty at the end. It was nothing like the City game. It was two similar teams with dodgy defences but lively players up front. Draw is the fair result IMO.

If Rose clears that ball before half time we would have won.

Sissoko is the best player at getting in positions that he is ill-suited for. I appreciate all he did last year but if everyone’s fit he should never start a league or CL match.

I really like the fella and he's a consummate professional. I also don't get involved in the slagging matches about him, because it's pointless.

But he has absolutely zero footballing ability in the final third. Zero.

He should be who we bring on where there three nil up, to see out the game. Or when we need an extra man in midfield.

The goal just before halftime and Kanes shot that hit the post just killed all hope for me... you just knew right there that we wouldn’t win the game. :(
Right, thank fuck that is over.

I will never question the commitment of this team, but we need to start focussing on quality. If we have any ambition, 'heart' is not good enough.

COYS.

This is it for me.

Love the commitment and heart, but it’s going to win us nothing again.

Genuinely worried at the moment

I'm sure I'll be shouted down by the Poch is a god and can do no wrong crowd, but he's cost us that game, again.

Sanchez was shocking all game and obviously can't play that position, you got Aurier and Davies on the bench and he doesn't change it.

Instead he takes off Son who was our best player by a country mile and Lamela who was linking up our breaks and working his nuts off.

Sorry but the man has lost the plot.

Still all things considered we've had better teams go there and lose, so not the end of the world
They have all the performance statistics in real time now, I would guess that Son was done. Those sprints he makes must take it out of him.

Also, newsflash, our fullbacks are complete shit. I have a hard time believing Davies is worse than Rose at this point, Aurier banged Poch’s misses apparently, and our other two RB options are injured.

16/17 Spurs would of slaughtered them

We've declined.

I long for that intensity. We sorely need to find the fight and belief in the way we play.

The counter was there today, but that is all we banked on. We didn’t try to play football at all and that is slightly due to their press, but more down to a midfielder in Sissoko that offers nothing when under pressure.

The good:

Quick attacks that exploited space. Should have had more goals.

The bad:

Shoehorning a CB at RB and expecting him to understand when to attack and when to sit back.

Sissoko and Winks in midfield. Sissoko makes it a one man midfield, which is asking far too much from Winks.

No tactical astuteness. It was clear that they were putting pressure on us. The releases to Kane were nice, but we can’t rely on one way to exit the pressure. We need to be playing players that are confident in their ability to take pressure off the team and we needed it in the form of another midfielder. The moment Lo Celso came on we had a bit more control, but the shift in formation should have come way sooner.

Poch is rubbing me the wrong way as of right now.

Today, our attacking threat came to zero once our best attacking player Son was subbed off and our second best attacking player, Lucas Moura, wasn't even playing. Absolute joke man.

I am really worried about Kane, it looks to me as if he'd declined greatly physically. Still getting goals and making nice passes but he is so slow, lumbersome and his balance/shielding used to be so much better.

As a draw against The Scum away and because they murdered us for 35 minutes of the 2nd half, I'm content. But, because of the fact that we threw a 2-0 lead, and couldn't score at those counter-attacks, I'm fucking livid. I've been a defender of Dele and Rose, but none of them are good enough for our starting 11 (yes, I know that Dele didn't start, but he wilm other games). Harry has changed alot since his latest injury, a shadow of his former self. Moussa Sissoko is a machine and a beast of an athlete, and I absolutely want him in our squad, but he's a complete ape when it comes to technical abilities. Happy with Winksys contribution and spirit today, and same goes for Son and Eriksen. Vertonghen should never ever be dropped again. Hugo is a complete idiot with the ball on his feet, but he is very very good as a shotstopper. Lastly, Poch needs to change something, personally, I can't put my finger into it, but something is clearly off. UP THE FUCKING SPURS AND BE PROUD YOU'RE NOT ONE OF THEM!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom