Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apologies if I take this with a pinch of salt.
:pochunimpressed:

I don't mean to be rude but the amount of "Learning" this squad has done by folding in crunch games when we're nearly at the summit...... You'd think they'd know all there is to learn...... You'd think they'd have a bleeding PhD in "learning from our mistakes" Christ.... They could be running workshops on it!!! Lloris must know all there is to know about fannyinng about in the box with the ball when what's need sometimes is just to put your foot straight through it....

I guess what I'm trying to say is..... Pipe down with all this "learning" crap..... No one buys it..... Strap on your boots..... And go and put in a performance worthy of To dare is to do......

I'll be cheering you on - which proves one thing.... I'll never learn.

Last edited:
I'm nervous for this already.

It's so huge, for once, my scum pals and I are just not mentioning it. No banter, no mugging off, nothing.

Both shit scared of what may happen.

FUCK

My gooner mate who apparently doesn't care about football anymore as he's become older and wiser all that bollocks literally couldn't stop looking at his phone last night, gleefully shoving it in my face showing me how tight it is now.

We're at home, I hope we pummel them and stop all those lingering thoughts in the minds of Gooners today. We've had a shit week, let's make sure it ends as well as possible by killing Gooner hope

Last edited:
I'm nervous for this already.

It's so huge, for once, my scum pals and I are just not mentioning it. No banter, no mugging off, nothing.

Both shit scared of what may happen.

FUCK
Ditto.
Me and my gooner mate have swerved talking about it.
We are coming off the back of 2 bad results but I think we will have enough to sort them out. we really can’t be fucking around with this one though. A ruthless fucking up is what is needed.

Well chaps, this is where pochettino earns his wedge. 2 absolutely shocking and unforgivable performances. If he cant get a reaction from the first team after that shite maybe there is more to the rumours that he's off in the summer. I seriously hope we fly out of the traps like we did vs those high road cunts at Wembley.

I really would like to see kane on the bench for this after his Chelsea performance, eriksen on bench too. I'd start son up top and give Lamela and moura a chance from kick off. Big vic in to shake up their poncey midfielders too.

Going for a hopeful 3 1 win. Need to sell this fucker out. Taking my 6 and 4 year olds for their first game. Not a bad way to introduce them to our mighty club. Really hope we do the business.

:tobyarm:

We lose on Saturday but more importantly fall out of the top 4 slots we will take years to recover.

Pochettino needs to stop rotating for the sake of it, play the best players at this moment and time and then in the summer find additions.

If he can't do any of that then he needs to take leave because his words no longer match our actions.

We lose on Saturday but more importantly fall out of the top 4 slots we will take years to recover.

Pochettino needs to stop rotating for the sake of it, play the best players at this moment and time and then in the summer find additions.

If he can't do any of that then he needs to take leave because his words no longer match our actions.

We lost away to a Burnley team undefeated since Boxing Day and away to a Chelsea team that had just gone toe to toe with Man City in a cup final after altering their tactics. It wasn't a great few days but it's not the end of the world.

4 points clear of 4th place with the following still to play the following fixtures:

Woolwich need to play Tottenham away

Woolwich need to play Man U

Man U need to play Chelsea

Man U need to play Man City

Chelsea need to play Liverpool away

Not to mention all of their other tricky fixtures. The fact there are still 3 game days still to go where each other teams chasing us play each other means we can drop points up at Anfield & The Etihad and still be alright. 10 big games ahead starting with a Saturday

I still believe. . . I wont let two dodgy results on the road make me question Poch as some on here are doing.

I just think the lack of signings and the stadium disaster is catching up with us. Change the fullbacks, play our best back line and we win.

Crowd need to play their part to, we need to all be up for it from the off.

As much as we have been weak and spineless in the past two games, Woolwich do have a softer belly then us. If we press them hard and high they will crumble.

Agreed. I've never really understood this idea if 'rotation'. It seems to contradict "One game at a time" which every player and manager spouts at every opportunity. With rotation you seem to be planning your lineup for the game after next e.g. Rose played against Burnley, we want him for Woolwich, so he didn't play last night. Whatever happened to "always field your best team"

I hate to be the "old git", but will. In the old days, 42 games a season were played on ploughed fields, then off for a pint and the local club.

Today they're pampered poodles, with the finest facilities, sports scientists, dieticians, play on billiard table pitches and can order up a foot massage if they need one. Yet they can't play three games in a week?

History lesson over, back to reality. What do we do with Eriksen?

Oh yes, and a so so squad player is on £40K a week minimum.

We lost away to a Burnley team undefeated since Boxing Day and away to a Chelsea team that had just gone toe to toe with Man City in a cup final after altering their tactics. It wasn't a great few days but it's not the end of the world.

4 points clear of Woolwich, Man U & Chelsea with the following still to play the following fixtures:

Woolwich need to play Tottenham away

Woolwich need to play Man U

Man U need to play Chelsea

Man U need to play Man City

Chelsea need to play Liverpool away

Not to mention all of their other tricky fixtures. The fact there are still 3 game days still to go where each other teams chasing us play each other means we can drop points up at Anfield & The Etihad and still be alright. 10 big games ahead starting with a Saturday
Assuming we don't lose Saturday I expect us to lose at Liverpool and city meaning we will the season with at least 10 defeats, I certainly never envisaged that when we kicked off in August but we have not been great this year for a variety of reasons.

Assuming we don't lose Saturday I expect us to lose at Liverpool and city meaning we will the season with at least 10 defeats, I certainly never envisaged that when we kicked off in August but we have not been great this year for a variety of reasons.

Agreed but 4 losses at home with a squad that went undefeated our last season at WHL I can't see being repeated next year and we've equalled our record for away wins in Prem League era and it's still only Feb.

The losses haven't been great but they've been at places like the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Turf Moor which can be a pig and Vicarage Road which can also be a pain on its day.

It's a bumpy season but we are still 3rd and still have our highest points tally 27 games in

Last edited:
Agreed but 4 losses at home within a squad that went undefeated our last season at WHL I can't see being repeated next year and we've equalled our record for away wins in Prem League era and it's still only Feb.

The losses haven't been great but they've been at places like the Emirates, Stamford Bridge, Turf Moor which can be a pig and Vicarage Road which can also be a pain on its day.

It's a bumpy season but we are still 3rd and still have our highest points tally 27 games in
The frustrating thing for a lot of fans is that with say 2/3 additions and more consistency I reckon we could have been even closer to city and Liverpool not sure we will get that chance again for some time.

If we lose this game I fear the fallout may be massive.

Wouldn't that be fair or should we all apply perspective and be devoid of emotion?

This is what gets me.

Pochettino himself talked of us being in the race for the title. 7 fcuking days ago we were into 7 days of rest and with Kane back.

2 games later and both lost. What does anyone expect if we lose again on Saturday?

Fallout - you are damn right.

Also our 8 losses this season:

Watford 2-1, threw it away after being 1-0 up with 20 minutes left

Liverpool 2-1 played shit but should have had a last minute penalty

Man City 1-0, could easily have equalised late on when Lamela blazed over

Woolwich 4-2 - somehow managed to get control by going 2-1 up at half time. Controlled the game and was comfortable until a silly boy error from Foyth let them back in when we looked fine. Lacazette scored with a slip, game done minutes later when Torreira scored

Wolves 3-1, leading and blew it because of a set piece. Over committed and got caught on the counter. Could have played for a draw and if we had done so would have probably walked with a point

Man U - Silly boy error from Trippier gifted them a way in + De Gea pulled off more saves in the 2nd half than any goalkeeper has in a whole 90 minutes of football this season

Burnley 2-1 if we wanted to settle for a draw we would have got a point. Risked going for the win, it left us lacking shape.

Chelsea 2-0, was in control of them before gifting them a silly golden opportunity. They had 1 shot on target, scored 2 goals which killed any hope.

The games haven't been sparkling but we haven't got spanked by anyone. That's a great positive for me as we haven't clicked out of third gear for whatever reason but we've always been in the game. Personally I think if we had been sharper and made the most of those moments we had control in those games into would look a hell of a lot different. Not many games where we've been given the runaround when it was evenly poised, just a few brain farts and a lack of ruthless attacking play has been the consistent factor that's seen us come up short. I can see why Poch has had a moan at the players when you analyse each bad result. Inter Milan away springs to mind as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom