Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hairy’s Post Match Thoughts

1. Scrappy affair. Edge of the seat stuff. Loved it
2. Sanchez was poor, but he’s not as bad as some of these posts are describing.
3. Winks would have made the difference today.
4. Trippier played well, I still like him.
5. Gooner keeper robbed Sissoko of enormous glory
6. Both penalties were on the weak side, more so against us.
7. Llorente for Son? Unless Son is completely gassed, he should be on the pitch.

In other news... the TOTTENHAM / Woolwich half & half scarf....
Someone please explain?

I genuinely dunno who's worse...
The cunts that make em, or the pricks who buy 'em!

I was standing most of the game - in my house. ffs that was nervous as hell.

We gotta be happy with the result at the end, because of what happened during the game. But it wasn't good performance.

TRIPPIER IS SHIT!

M
He's not wrong.

That Xhaka tackle was fucking horrendous. Didn't even get a yellow. In fact, how Xhaka got through the whole game without a yellow is beyond me. The tackle on Rose at the end should have one too.
Dont know what you’re on about mate clearly the ref was in Spurs pocket.
:pochserious:

Marvellous...
D0qTctkXgAALtBP.jpg:large
He does it to all their “hard men”.....chops them to bits like it’s nothing.

- a player in an offside positions is moving towards the ball with the intention of playing the ball is fouled before attempting to play the ball, or challenging an opponent for the ball, the foul is penalised as it has occurred prior to the offside offence.

That should end the Kane penalty debate.

Not really. How does the above law relate to the incident? It refers to a foul happening before the offside offence.

Kane was clearly offside. That was the first offence. The game should have been stopped and a free kick given. We were very fortunate to be given a penalty.

In today’s market, yes.
Crazy talk. There are CBs as young and demonstrably better footballers than him that moved in the last 2 summers for half his cost. He was overpriced and overrated by many supporters. It is ok to admit it. We have to hope he improves (not just his footballing ability but his awareness and composure) because with what we paid we are really stuck with him if he doesn't.

Go look at the comments under the Guardian article. Every top voted post is people saying how pro-Spurs the refs are and how our players are all divers and cheaters and nasty, etc. And I imagine that will be the main narrative from the media this coming week as well.

Maybe stating the obvious, but we need to get out of this slump ASAP, these days, 1 point from 9 against Burnley, Chelsea and Woolwich just isnt acceptable AT ALL.

Also this "concede early goal in big matches" BS needs to stop now, I'm genuinely worried that we're gonna throw it away in Germany now.

Crazy talk. There are CBs as young and demonstrably better footballers than him that moved in the last 2 summers for half his cost. He was overpriced and overrated by many supporters. It is ok to admit it. We have to hope he improves (not just his footballing ability but his awareness and composure) because with what we paid we are really stuck with him if he doesn't.

We probably could have got de Ligt for the exact same price at the beginning of last season.

People saying this is the worse NLD they've ever seen, how can it be when we got a point from the game? I've seen us take a thrashing over the years, the feeling just doesn't compare.
Quality of football was like watching stoke burnley ffs

Back
Top Bottom