World class facilities FC vs Vitesse 4th November

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Match was such a good ding dong I didn't bother coming on here. Not sure where the "one shot in the 2nd half" stat comes from but I'm sure I recall more. Passes were actually going up and down the pitch which was far more important to me than silly stats. Players were hunting the ball down and until it went to 10 v 11, we only conceded 2 freak goals from not a lot of chances.

Having had a skim through I've seen quite a few comments that confuse me, none more so than praise for Winks.

A) What exactly did he do? I barely noticed he was on the pitch.
B) He came on in the 73rd minute. 7 minutes later it was 10 v 10, 4 minutes after that it was 10 v 9. He's not gonna play in games like that very often. Even 10 v 10 is a bit easier on a big pitch than 11 v 11, let alone 10 v 9

Anyone else getting concerned Romero could ultimately be a liability? We knew he got a lot of bookings last season and this is clearly happening again this season. And I suspect Serie A refs are more lenient on defenders than PL refs.

Davies is not a PL player. Don't tell me he is a Wales International as half their squad is lower league.

Having had to listen to Internet fans rave about Skipp for probably 2 years, I still can't see it. I can't see him being moved on any time soon because he's home grown but he's a prime example of a player we could probably get decent money for from a bottom half Premier league club at some point.

I think the 3 Italian fitness coaches are gonna have their work cut out. I reckon a lot of our problems yesterday were because we blew ourselves out after 30 minutes. Those first 30 minutes reminded me of the best days of Poch.
First 30 was excellent. Dier forgot to defend a corner and theyre back in it.
Theyre a second rate dutch team lets not forget.
I thought we defended reasonably well second half kept them to long range efforts mainly.
I thought emerson mauraded well, front 3 first 30 min very good and disappeared after that. PEH very poor, kane still not at it, son disappeared too. Romero rash. Thought he was our only decent player v utd but poor last night

I actually love Lucas Moura. When people are unkind to him it upsets me. He gives everything, every game. I wish we could bottle his enthusiam and inject it into certain other squad members. I think maybe he was taken off to protect him for Sunday, as were the others who were substituted. I didn't quite get the substitutions at the time, but on reflection I see what he was doing.

On the other hand, Harry Kane was just a twat and a useless waste of space for most of the game.
I am totally in love with him too. He is a complete team man. Sat on the subs bench for the champions League final while big bollocks Kane pushed his way back in. Lucas got us there and then Kane did naff all in the final. There are so many idiots on this forum who just pick up on his sometimes poor distribution. They completely miss his overall impact
A wins a win I guess. Kane still looks awful at this point in time take what we can get from him.
Bench the dosser.

I am totally in love with him too. He is a complete team man. Sat on the subs bench for the champions League final while big bollocks Kane pushed his way back in. Lucas got us there and then Kane did naff all in the final. There are so many idiots on this forum who just pick up on his sometimes poor distribution. They completely miss his overall impact

Bench the dosser.

So in love with a forward that runs a lot but doesn't score goals.

James Van Der Beek Applause GIF

Back to the happy farm you go, sammyspurs.

Players just looked gassed. Played 30 mins in the new system high intensity working quite well then hit a wall. Conte will need his fitness coaches to do a job here. Other than Son and Kane however most of our team is mid 20’s or lower so it shouldnt be too hard to sort that out.

You feel this is going to be like Klopp’s first season with great performances and bad performances as the players adjust to the high intensity and new style.

Based on that I think we need around 4 players. Vlahovic, Kessie, Brozovic and a CB we are linked with and are the positions that we need to sort.

I am totally in love with him too. He is a complete team man. Sat on the subs bench for the champions League final while big bollocks Kane pushed his way back in. Lucas got us there and then Kane did naff all in the final. There are so many idiots on this forum who just pick up on his sometimes poor distribution. They completely miss his overall impact.

Yes he works hard and, as far as anyone knows, he never complains or fails to put a shift in.
But let's not ignore the fact that other than 1 important freak hat trick and the odd goal here and there, his actual output isn't particularly impressive. Very few goals, assists or even key passes. If anything, his tendency to run into dead ends and get fouled, actually prohibits our attacks more than benefit.

First half an hour showed what’s coming our way when Conte has had a couple windows.

The rest of the game showed Conte who really we are and what happens when a team scores against us.

We don’t do consolation goals, we do full capitulation. This club can ruin anyone, but I’ve got a feeling this is not that guy.
Agreed. The perfect match performance for both parties.

Players just looked gassed. Played 30 mins in the new system high intensity working quite well then hit a wall. Conte will need his fitness coaches to do a job here. Other than Son and Kane however most of our team is mid 20’s or lower so it shouldnt be too hard to sort that out.

You feel this is going to be like Klopp’s first season with great performances and bad performances as the players adjust to the high intensity and new style.

Based on that I think we need around 4 players. Vlahovic, Kessie, Brozovic and a CB we are linked with and are the positions that we need to sort.

I think we need 2 CBs as a top priority. Davies and Rodon are championship. Dier is a liability and not sure what Sanchez even is.
Romero may not be on the pitch as much as we'd like either.

Dier didn't forget to mark ffs, the guy got a run on him and the player Emerson was marking hit the deck in front of him and he had to run around him which gave 6ft 3 Rasmussen the tiny bit of space he needed. Their movement was actually decent for the corner and it was a good header.

I saw some people even trying to fucking blame him for the second goal, after Lucas cheaply gave the ball away and the strike went under his leg.

The agendas about Dier, Winks and Davies in particular are fucking tragic tbh, especially with a new manager etc.

Davies is pretty shit isn't he. I appreciate he's bound to be a bit rusty and thrown into a new system where everyone is asked to be playing quick, and high intensity, but he looks miles off the quality needed.

Overall last night I was really happy, OK we conceded two goals and at times it looked a bit mental - but the difference in last nights forward play compared to the past year is night and day, and that was after just a couple of days ffs.

Davies is pretty shit isn't he. I appreciate he's bound to be a bit rusty and thrown into a new system where everyone is asked to be playing quick, and high intensity, but he looks miles off the quality needed.
He had the assist for what turned out to be the winner, and he was the one of the back 3 that didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Well, after several years of mind numbing turgid performances, at least last night was entertaining. Of course, Mr Conte has got a massive job sorting out the shit but let’s face it, we ( and him) already new that so as they say, “ Rome wasn’t built in a day” let’s give him time, our support,strap ourselves in and enjoy the ride!! I for one think we’ve got the right guy in and feel more positive than I have for a long time. COYS

He had the assist for what turned out to be the winner, and he was the one of the back 3 that didn't put a foot wrong all game.

You sure he didn't put a foot wrong all game? He literally got away with giving a penalty in the first twenty minutes from a headless chicken charge.

Back
Top Bottom