World Cup 2022 final - Argentina v France (Sunday 18th, 3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That save was definitely better.

What was the context of the game?

It was scoreless at the time in the first half and a classic WC clash between two excellent sides both going for a win and England deserved at least a draw

Brazil won it with a superb goal from Jairzinho with an assist from Pele in the 2nd half and we had a few clear chances missed

It was at a time when you could easily say. ‘The Beautiful Game’ unlike today

Those were the days
Deuterz Deuterz

The Martinez save when you consider the occasion, the minute of the game and the outcome is arguably the greatest of all time. Not just in World Cup history but in football history.

Mark Wahlberg No GIF by Daddy's Home

The Martinez save when you consider the occasion, the minute of the game and the outcome is arguably the greatest of all time. Not just in World Cup history but in football history.

It was a good save from a poor finish imv

Agree.

Been trying to think of anything that comes remotely close, but can’t. Fucking good save too.

Fucking hell mate, is this the first World Cup you've ever watched?!

Everything is the 'Greatest Ever' with you. Maybe give up watching football, it's all downhill from here!

Depends how you define greatest.

That was an amazing save without the context of it being the last minute of ET in the WC final. The France striker had an incredible amount of time to take that volley.

But there’s been far more difficult saves if you are just counting the save and not the situation.

Fucking hell mate, is this the first World Cup you've ever watched?!

Everything is the 'Greatest Ever' with you. Maybe give up watching football, it's all downhill from here!

Name a better save thats in a prestigious cup final, in the last minute of the game where the team then went on to win the cup.

Don't worry, I'll wait.

Depends how you define greatest.

That was an amazing save without the context of it being the last minute of ET in the WC final. The France striker had an incredible amount of time to take that volley.

But there’s been far more difficult saves if you are just counting the save and not the situation.

Aesthetically, of course there have been better looking saves.

But when you consider the situation, the occasion and the outcome. You'd be hard pressed to find anything better.

Just like Ricky Villa in the cup final. There have been better goals scored. Fucking hell, City scored a belter in that game. But the occasion, the fact it won the game, makes it one of the best goals in the competitions history.

Zidane in the CL final too.

It was a good save from a poor finish imv

In the 123rd minute of a World Cup final. They don't come much more bigger, better or more important than that.

Lloris made a brilliant save from Javier Hernandez in a CL group stage once. Probably trickier than the Martinez one yesterday. But I can tell you now which one in the grand scheme of things is better and more important in the history of the sport.

In the 123rd minute of a World Cup final. They don't come much more bigger, better or more important than that.

Lloris made a brilliant save from Javier Hernandez is a CL group stage once. Probably trickier than the Martinez one yesterday. But I can tell you now which one in the grand scheme of things is better and more important in the history of the sport.

I thought Hugo made his best save prior to the goal which went over the line and was cleared

Great save imv as was Martinez and I’m not belittling it at all but Banksy for me

All about opinions though

I thought Hugo made his best save prior to the goal which went over the line and was cleared

Great save imv as was Martinez and I’m not belittling it at all but Banksy for me

All about opinions though

No issues with ever thinking that Banks save was the best of all time. Especially when you consider who it was against.

Both saves will ultimately be remembered until the end of time.

Name a better save thats in a prestigious cup final, in the last minute of the game where the team then went on to win the cup.

Don't worry, I'll wait.
its prob the most dramatic and game changing. But the Banks one imo is better, as was Jim Montgomery's in the Leeds Sunderland FA cup final.

Those one on ones where you hardly have time to see where the ball is going, there's always a huge slice of luck.

If there is one country or rather say fans of the country I’m jelaous of, it’s Argentina. They are usually cunts on the pitch, but that’s their mentality.
Amazing.

Back
Top Bottom