World Cup 2022 final - Argentina v France (Sunday 18th, 3pm)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

France is a very racist country so probably, yes.
Look who's talking.

I agree with you on a lot of things football-wise and your posts often crack me up, but man...you hate France with such force you very often cross the r-word border yourself.

And, having spent about 20 years in each country, I can tell you the average Brit is far more racist than its French counterpart. I never got beat up in France for being half British...all I got (and still get) is plenty cliched jokes about the rosbeefs. Whereas I've lost count of how many times I got verbally and physically threatened & abused in England (and Wales) for "not being a true Brit". I also remember vividly the amount of vile shit my two best mates - an Indian and a Jamaican - had to deal with on a regular basis.

On that level, England defeats France easy, pal...

Look who's talking.

I agree with you on a lot of things football-wise and your posts often crack me up, but man...you hate France with such force you very often cross the r-word border yourself.

And, having spent about 20 years in each country, I can tell you the average Brit is far more racist than its French counterpart. I never got beat up in France for being half British...all I got (and still get) is plenty cliched jokes about the rosbeefs. Whereas I've lost count of how many times I got verbally and physically threatened & abused in England (and Wales) for "not being a true Brit". I also remember vividly the amount of vile shit my two best mates - an Indian and a Jamaican - had to deal with on a regular basis.

I don't know why you'd translate "France is very racist" in to "France is very racist and England isn't" because that's not at all what I was saying. The U.K is a racist country so I expected what happened to Rashford & Sancho and France is a racist country so I expected the same thing to happen there. As for hating France, most of my recent posts are firmly tongue in cheek & designed to wind up our resident Frenchman more than anything else. And it would be xenophobia, anyway!!!!!

I'm well aware we have issues in this country. I've dealt with them myself & seen it plenty, people who deny it piss me off more than anybody. But I've also had issues (and know people who have had issues) in France. And beyond anecdotal evidence, we have issues but are at least more multicultural than France, whose population poll shamefully on questions like "would you have a person from x race living next door?" compared to the U.K.

We're not more racist than they are, objectively. It's not really something you can quantify but every poll/stat that you can find will back up that France has deep-rooted issues with racial equality, along with most of Europe. Anyhow, long post, but the TL;DR version is don't take most of my posts about France recently seriously & don't think me saying France is racist means we aren't.

You'd think he'd be a bit too pre-occupied with celebrating to go down the petty path........

Then again; ex-Gooner, so yeh......

He's a bellend. It's helped him in shootouts etc as it couples an obvious desire to win at all costs but he's still classless, so this doesn't surprise me at all. There's a good few times where his celebrations have involved taking the piss out of the opposition - same with a lot of that Argentine squad. They're not a very likeable bunch.

I don't like Mbappe but some 30 y/o Villa keeper trying to banter him is laughable. He scored a hat-trick vs you & has a career you could only dream of, you're just lucky to play in the same squad as Lionel Messi, mate..

Bloke really needs to find prehaps a little class.
I don't mind Martinez thanks to his skills in making this resident of Homophic Island look 100% gay.

emiliano-martinez-argentina-poses-photo-783780524.jpg

I don't know why you'd translate "France is very racist" in to "France is very racist and England isn't" because that's not at all what I was saying. The U.K is a racist country so I expected what happened to Rashford & Sancho and France is a racist country so I expected the same thing to happen there. As for hating France, most of my recent posts are firmly tongue in cheek & designed to wind up our resident Frenchman more than anything else. And it would be xenophobia, anyway!!!!!

I'm well aware we have issues in this country. I've dealt with them myself & seen it plenty, people who deny it piss me off more than anybody. But I've also had issues (and know people who have had issues) in France. And beyond anecdotal evidence, we have issues but are at least more multicultural than France, whose population poll shamefully on questions like "would you have a person from x race living next door?" compared to the U.K.

We're not more racist than they are, objectively. It's not really something you can quantify but every poll/stat that you can find will back up that France has deep-rooted issues with racial equality, along with most of Europe. Anyhow, long post, but the TL;DR version is don't take most of my posts about France recently seriously & don't think me saying France is racist means we aren't.
Ok my man, I get your point of view. I guess, as often, the truth is somewhere in the middle 🙂

Respect to you for expressing it in such a manner, where others would've activated WWIII mode for my daring to point the finger at ol' blighty.

Fuck racism and racists anyway. How can one hate what's different, when it makes you such a richer human being to explore new horizons? I'll never ever get it.

Look who's talking.

Sorry to hear that you have had to endure such things , I think Brexit has made things far worse . Closet racists feel emboldened to be openly racist now

No , I am not saying all Brexit voters are racist , just many of the racist ones are emboldened

Last edited:
Look who's talking.

Well said.

Laughable some of the shit that people say on here.

Well said.

Laughable some of the shit that people say on here.

What, saying France is a racist country is laughable now?

What I wrote: France is a racist country.

Yes, very laughable statement.

What, saying France is a racist country is laughable now?

What I wrote: France is a racist country.

Yes, very laughable statement.

Sure :nunothumb:

Back
Top Bottom