World cup 2022 scouting

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I quite like the following players at the World Cup that I think are realistic to get:

- Kudus (Ghana)
- Arrascaeta (Uruguay)
- Enzo Fernández (Argentina)
- Sosa (Croatia)
- Doku (Belgium)
- Gvardiol (Croatia)
- Cho (Korea)
- Cody Gakpo (Holland)
- Yunus Musah (USA)
- Laidouni (Tunisia)
- Buchanon (Canada)
- Johnston (Canada)

I have liked all the above and think they could all be gettable, although we don't need some of them.

No RWB has impressed me but I thought Preciado from Ecuador looked a bit erratic but exciting. Anything is better than Emerson imo atm.

Anyone else liked anyone that could be a realistic signing?

I quite like the following players at the World Cup that I think are realistic to get:

- Kudus (Ghana)
- Arrascaeta (Uruguay)
- Sosa (Croatia)
- Doku (Belgium)
- Gvardiol (Croatia)
- Cho (Korea)
- Cody Gakpo (Holland)
- Yunus Musah (USA)
- Laidouni (Tunisia)
- Buchanon (Canada)
- Johnston (Canada)

I have liked all the above and think they could all be gettable, although we don't need some of them.

No RWB has impressed me but I thought Preciado from Ecuador looked a bit erratic but exciting. Anything is better than Emerson imo atm.

Ziyech and Amrabat

- Kudus (Ghana)
- Arrascaeta (Uruguay)
- Sosa (Croatia)
- Doku (Belgium)
- Gvardiol (Croatia)
- Cho (Korea)
- Cody Gakpo (Holland)
- Yunus Musah (USA)
- Laidouni (Tunisia)
- Buchanon (Canada)
- Johnston (Canada)

Amrabat (Morocco).

:levyeyes:

Quite a lot you apparently don't know, so keep your eye on the bigger prize, fella.
don't care idk GIF by Cartoon Hangover

How many times have we seen players get signed on the back of a few good games in a World Cup or Euros only to be dog shit?
Conte had him at Inter though, if referring to Dumphries.

He looks inconsistent to me, and carrying a little too much upper body weight for a hard yard running Conte RWB, but maybe his conditioning has dropped off since Conte and crew left Inter?

Those assists today though, show he has attacking poise Emerson will never have.

The rumours Inter like Emerson, means I hope we agree a swap with maybe £10m on top.

- Kudus (Ghana)
- Arrascaeta (Uruguay)
- Sosa (Croatia)
- Doku (Belgium)
- Gvardiol (Croatia)
- Cho (Korea)
- Cody Gakpo (Holland)
- Yunus Musah (USA)
- Laidouni (Tunisia)
- Buchanon (Canada)
- Johnston (Canada)

Alastair Johnston is a done deal to Celtic ($3-3.5m USD). I think he’s decent, but truthfully not at the EPL level. Buchanan is a beast and I’d hope we were after him. Not a great WC, but Jonathan David is still someone I’d love to see us pick up. And yeah, Miller was an animal there for Canada.

I though McKennie had a good tournament for the US and if anything it made me more interested in him at Spurs.

He looks inconsistent to me, and carrying a little too much upper body weight for a hard yard running Conte RWB, but maybe his conditioning has dropped off since Conte and crew left Inter?

Those assists today though, show he has attacking poise Emerson will never have.

The rumours Inter like Emerson, means I hope we agree a swap with maybe £10m on top.
I would accept 5 on top to be honest.

Conte left by the time Dumfries signed for Inter, his target for replacement wingback was Emerson

Back
Top Bottom