World cup 2022 scouting

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte had him at Inter though, if referring to Dumphries.

He looks inconsistent to me, and carrying a little too much upper body weight for a hard yard running Conte RWB, but maybe his conditioning has dropped off since Conte and crew left Inter?

Those assists today though, show he has attacking poise Emerson will never have.

The rumours Inter like Emerson, means I hope we agree a swap with maybe £10m on top.
Two fairly innocuous cutback passes to the penalty spot and a well-taken goal against the run-of-play against a side chasing an equalizer.

He's fine, but if you're expecting a gulf in ability over Royal, you'll be disappointed.

I meant us paying £10m, you think Emerson is worth more than Dumphries??? (And I’ve been a defender of his)
Transfermarkt (we know, we know, unofficial) has Emerson valued at €30M, Dumfries €28M.

Emerson is 3 years younger and his contract is for a year less longer.

Last edited:
Transfermarkt (we know, we know, unofficial) has Emerson valued at €30M, Dumfries €28M.

Emerson is 3 years younger and his contract is for a year less.
However, the world has seen his form lately (since overuse IMO to a high degree).

Agree he’s not much of a seeming upgrade, just slightly better than both Emerson and Doherty in some key characteristics (much less engine than Emerson, maybe worse defensively, no idea?).

My main point of support was he runs fairly well and seemed coherent in fluid build up.

Emerson had lost the crowd, so unless he plays fairly well Boxing Day or whenever next selected, he’s in a spot where a swap might be seen as best by the Club/Conte/Emerson.

Would rather swap him for Doherty, all else equal, or even better sign someone better, but his name is persistently linked and a price muted suggesting Inter may want a deal done.

Didn't Dumfries just equal Emerson's entire THFC career total goals and assists in one WC game today? It's hard to believe he'd be anything less than a massive upgrade on Emerson.

Safe to say Kane has lost his window of opportunity to move to mancity or Liverpool, they will be gunning to sign the likes of Bellingham and levy will be looking for a 100 mil minimum which noone will pay for him at this point

Jude is miles and miles above Dele at the same age.

Miles ahead?

At the age of 18/19 in the

2015 season Dele got 10 goals and 11 assists
2016 season Dele got 22 goals and 13 assists (A goal or assist every 100 minutes of football)

Those were world class stats; and he was only 19.

Bellingham looks like the real deal - but the Bundesliga is a different kettle of fish to the prem.

Back
Top Bottom