World Cup 2030 - FIFA have finally gone fully batshit crazy

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

'Australia decides against bidding hours before deadline'
9Bek.gif

We needed the support of the region and once Indonesia changed it's stance and supported SA, we knew it was done.

In addition, unlike Saudi we need such funds to be approved by parliament, which was time consuming with an unrealistic deadline. FIFA knew exactly what they were doing.

Fifa relaxed their requirements for stadiums for the 2034 tournament which allowed a Saudi Arabian entry. Whereas 2030 required seven existing arenas, 2034 was amended to require just four. It was, coincidentally, the exact number Saudi Arabia could boast.
FA needed the federal government to provide funding and regulatory support for a bid, as well as coordinate international cooperation for any co-hosts. But the Albanese government resisted any public involvement in the matter, saying consistently the decision to bid was a matter for FA. Informal discussions did take place, but the government maintained an overly cautious, even nonsensical, position: any proposal would have to be considered as part of next year’s budget … despite a declaration of interest being due in days.

I'm glad we didn't spend money on a result that was predeminined.

I do wonder if I will ever watch England play a World Cup match again. Totally dead to me at the moment.

Not sure what is going to inspire any passion in me. Maybe a euros win will grab my attention.

Or Ange being made England manager in 4 years time.

I do wonder if I will ever watch England play a World Cup match again. Totally dead to me at the moment.

Not sure what is going to inspire any passion in me. Maybe a euros win will grab my attention.

My god - Ange with the current England squad......we'd win everything

We needed the support of the region and once Indonesia changed it's stance and supported SA, we knew it was done.

In addition, unlike Saudi we need such funds to be approved by parliament, which was time consuming with an unrealistic deadline. FIFA knew exactly what they were doing.

Fifa relaxed their requirements for stadiums for the 2034 tournament which allowed a Saudi Arabian entry. Whereas 2030 required seven existing arenas, 2034 was amended to require just four. It was, coincidentally, the exact number Saudi Arabia could boast.
FA needed the federal government to provide funding and regulatory support for a bid, as well as coordinate international cooperation for any co-hosts. But the Albanese government resisted any public involvement in the matter, saying consistently the decision to bid was a matter for FA. Informal discussions did take place, but the government maintained an overly cautious, even nonsensical, position: any proposal would have to be considered as part of next year’s budget … despite a declaration of interest being due in days.

I'm glad we didn't spend money on a result that was predeminined.

An absolute disgrace all round.

I'd have loved Aus to bid for it, just to dare those thieving pricks at FIFA to vote for Saudi while pretending they're not being bribed by suitcases full of cash.

I always though Aus was a great location:

it's their Winter;
huge sporting infrastructure already;
sports-mad population;
friendly, welcoming;
has hosted Rugby and Cricket World Cups;
And a hugely successful Olympic Games;
and where soccer is not the biggest game.

Commiserations. You'd have made a fabulous success of it. Instead it's nailed on for a vile regime who make a habit of murdering and dismembering their journalists in Embassies.

No one can ever be truly safe in that hell hole.

True. I avoided Qatar and wouldn't watch one in Saudi Arabia.

Such a shame as we have some incredible attacking players.

It’s like they’re progressively trying to outdo themselves. Qatar, Saudi Arabia.

Can’t wait for the Time Machine to be invented so that we can travel back in time and have the 2050 Word Cup held in Nazi Germany.

It’s like they’re progressively trying to outdo themselves. Qatar, Saudi Arabia.

Can’t wait for the Time Machine to be invented so that we can travel back in time and have the 2050 Word Cup held in Nazi Germany.
What planet are you on?

giphy.gif

Felt like that for years, but the talent we have now, and Bellingham emerging as a superstar has piqued my interest again. Just need Southgate to stop treating this side like the international version of Crystal Palace

Back
Top Bottom