World Cup Matches Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Neymar out with a broken vertebra for the rest of the World Cup. Couple that with Thiago Silva suspended next match, I'm curious to see how the Germans get screwed over.

Neymar out with a broken vertebra for the rest of the World Cup. Couple that with Thiago Silva suspended next match, I'm curious to see how the Germans get screwed over.

Germany won't get screwed over unless they do it to themselves. Nailed on now to reach the final. The 'challenge' on Neymar was ludicrous and how it went unpunished is proof if any was needed the ref aint biased he's just shite.

Well the defeat certainly hasn't put us down went to have a look at the streets and everyone's celebrating,we completed the objective and we're happy with that.Copa america starts next year vamos mi seleccion

Germany won't get screwed over unless they do it to themselves. Nailed on now to reach the final. The 'challenge' on Neymar was ludicrous and how it went unpunished is proof if any was needed the ref aint biased he's just shite.

I thought the ref was consistently poor throughout the whole match, it was like watching an '80's game where bad challenges were just ignored no matter how many times the same player committed them.

I thought the ref was consistently poor throughout the whole match, it was like watching an '80's game where bad challenges were just ignored no matter how many times the same player committed them.
Until he book James for sod all!

Though I do agree with the ref's yellow for Cesar because Luiz was covering him to he wasn't denying a blatant goal scoring opportunity.

That injury to Neymar is largely down to the ref, who should have got on top of the petty, persistent tackling early on.

The fouling escalated and some Columbian players clearly felt aggrieved that Fernandinho had got away with fouls time and time again.

If ever there was a game that needed "orange" cards, with offenders sent off for 15 minutes or so, it was this one.

That injury to Neymar is largely down to the ref, who should have got on top of the petty, persistent tackling early on.

The fouling escalated and some Columbian players clearly felt aggrieved that Fernandinho had got away with fouls time and time again.

If ever there was a game that needed "orange" cards, with offenders sent off for 15 minutes or so, it was this one.

There is and was no need for orange cards, a few yellows handed out early as the tackles started flying in and the game would have soon been under control with players exercising a little more caution. Hell, the ref didn't even need to go yellow card crazy, just simply blowing for the foul and giving the players a good talking to would have calmed things down. The fact the ref just let everything go was where the game started to get a bit nawty :nawty:

Holy fuck crap the world's papers are a melting...
Crying over Neymar's injury and trying to tell us that the world cup has died a little bit...
Leave the melting to the people, you are supposed to be able to restrain yourself when you work. Journalism has been degenerated to total catering or trolling of the people.

Holy fuck crap the world's papers are a melting...
Crying over Neymar's injury and trying to tell us that the world cup has died a little bit...
Leave the melting to the people, you are supposed to be able to restrain yourself when you work. Journalism has been degenerated to total catering or trolling of the people.

I blame Twitter...I see it's now a sounding board for a load of Brazilian racists calling Zuniga all sorts for taking Neymar out...

It is a great shame that one specifically poor referee performance might well undone so much good.

The football has unquestionably supported by what I would call intelligent refereeing but last nights was poor, and has damaged a player for whom Brazil, and by association, the WC has benefited (though I must add that I haven't been blown away by his performances, Neymar has worn the expectation staggeringly well).

Colombia came to kick as did Brazil.

As for that diving no 10. Fuck you.
It's very ironic that the cunt has rolled around and acted more hurt when he's jumped over tackles and had zero contact. No sympathy for me. He's a bad role model for kids growing up watching the game with his constant antics to win a foul from the referee.

Enjoy watching your team from the hospital you cunt

Back
Top Bottom