Worst Spurs players ever

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I suppose technically it’s Matt Le Tissier, seeing as he signed a contract for us, then successfully convinced the club to tear it up. No goals, no appearances, no minutes (even on the training ground).

Oddly enough that also means he’s technically one of the best Spurs players we’ve ever had under contract.

In terms of players that have actually played, I’d need a lot of convincing that Livermore is Premer League level. Barely professional footballer level.

A lot of the real dross was moved on quickly or at least didn't see too much game time.

The ones that hurt us most though are those not quite bad enough to lose their place. Lots to choose from but for the player that has done most damage to Spurs through crap performances my vote would be Justin Edinburgh. Over 200 appearances somehow. Always amazed me we didn't upgrade him, but those were the days we didn't 'waste' money on defenders. Mitchell Thomas was another favourite.

Value for money - Sissoko has to be up there

Worthy mention of Rebrov, Rocha, and Hutton

Rocha definitely.

Rebrov I always felt was used poorly. He did score that great goal against the Spam.

Hutton...had a great game v United, and played in our League Cup win over Chelsea. I’ll give him credit for that, but broadly speaking he was a car crash.

Speaking of which, Carcrashes...or as the rest of the world knows him, Chiriches. Did some irresponsible trick in the Europa League that paid off, and everyone thought he was a genius. Then he went on to make Gardner look like Ledley. Surprised the pisshead hasn’t landed his dream move to Chelsea yet.

I thought Ian Walker was nothing special. I am not sure he was bad but Vinny Samways was a frustrating one to watch.

Though he doesn't deserve to be put in the worst category by a long margin, I think it's probably time to admit that for all his abilities to get in to attacking positions, Kyle Walker's crossing was eternally disappointing.

Back
Top Bottom